warriorwitch

Cat Proof Brush Storage Ideas

So, I have to keep my brushes up due to lack of space and one very naughty cat who thinks they are his toys. :smileyvery-happy: Anyway, so right now I have most of my brushes in the brush case the comes with the E.L.F. Studio brush set. What doesn't fit in here doesn't end up getting used, because its just too much to juggle.

So what are some cat proof ways to store my brushes where they can all be together and not get terribly messed up? Anyone have any ideas? I don't have tons of brushes (yet) but I do have quite a few.

PoesRevy

Re: Cat Proof Brush Storage Ideas

My cat used to steal things, then leave them with the dog-so the poor dog appeared guilty of her little crimes. It is funny now to think about it, but when it was happening I surely was not laughing. She once stole the neighbors mouse trap, (mouse in trap) and brought it home. I remember seeing her coming down the road with it in her mouth, thinking what the heck then OMG NO!

Anyhow-I think there are some great ideas here to protect store your brushes from the cat :smileyhappy:

Mystiques

I store all my brushes and makeup in a drawer. Else my one cat will be running of with it all. He even stole my husband's watch which we can't find.

rdesigns

I can relate to this...  One of our cat's has a secret hiding place in our house that we have never been able to find.  She steals everything!   Last week she was trying to run off with one of my combat boots.  It was hilarious!

rdesigns

I agree with the brush rolls.  I have three cats, and I cannot even put a straw in a glass without one of them immediately running off with it...lol  

I got this last year from Sephora.  Unfortunately, they no longer sell it, but you can find something similar online.  It can be worn as an apron, but I just roll mine up.

CaitlinBrunson

Brush Rolls! I have a playful Cocker Spaniel and a cat. My dog especially wants to play with my brushes any time she can. (This does not go well since I'm a complete germaphobe!) Brush rolls completely solve the problem! 

spoiledbrat

i make brush rolls out of upcycled ultra suede - i have 3 as i do not want one large enough to hold them all - they are a cinch to make and ultrasuede does not ravel

warriorwitch

They look simple, but I do not have the patience to sew by hand like that. So I will either have to buy one premade or buy a sewing machine. XD

friedrice

Omg! I thought I was the only one having problems with my cat playing with my brushes. Lol. Who knows what he does with it when Im not home.  Thank you for this post :smileyhappy:

Titian06

I use a divided pencil holder and keep the bathroom door closed.

prettyinpa

Get a shoe box size plastic box (Sterilite or Rubbermaid) from Target or such with a snap on lid. Get a silverware organizer that fits inside. Place your organizer inside the box, arrange your brushes according to your taste and snap on the lid. Voila, cat proof brush storage that will also stay dust free! Plus you can stack other stuff on top of the box so you get extra storage space.

warriorwitch

Genius! I am going to start scoping out silverware organizers.

prettyinpa

I also have a couple of office supply type drawer organizers in my makeup storage that might work in your snap top box- if you aren't finding what you like in silverware organizers, you might find something there.

dannyc

Get a few of these 

One for every day brushes, one for face, one for eyes 

hipquest

I use an acrylic hairdryer/tools holder mounted on the wall. I found mine at amazon. For the deeper center section I stuff tissue/sephora packing paper so it's not so deep. I could probably make it prettier if I used stones or marbles but it would not be as easy to clean :smileyhappy:

malday

Are you any good at sewing? Maybe you can make your own brush roll or look for one on Etsy or similar places.

warriorwitch

I'd have to get a sewing machine, I don't have the patience to sew something like that by hand. XD

I have been looking on Etsy, and I might just spring for one and see how it goes.

sundaespal

A drawer or a roll? I've never been able to stop my cat from doing what she wants, hiding things is the only solution I know. Cats. Can't live with them, and they certainly won't let you live without them!

warriorwitch

I've been looking at brush rolls, but I haven't found one that was large enough to store a whole bunch of brushes. I may have to break down and get two and deal with a little juggling.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 57 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • dannyc
    • spoiledbrat
    • malday
    • friedrice
    • Mystiques