IllegallyBlonde

Can we talk about Engagement Rings?

Off topic.. But I can't do my paper, my job keeps calling me with questions and distracting me like crazy (I took off to do this final today and it's getting nowhere...ugh)

Show me your pretty rings, or your dream rings :smileyhappy:

This one is my dream ring:

dfe9635db99347b0ad2b950a8af2d001-800x800.png

....Yeah, I want to marry that ring.

kariyava

Re: Can we talk about Engagement Rings?

I always thought simple, square diamond rings were the most beautiful and elegant.

upload_6882315551198605350.jpg

calamityjane85

I dont have one, like dannyc said not really a major issue for me but if I did get one it would have to look vintage/original. 

upload_1541109117594252137.jpgupload_6391206737246057134.jpg

i would be happy to have this on top of my band/or as my band

upload_4688561656422162309.jpg

clarks18

(0) Hearts

I would die for that first ring!  You have great taste.  I love older style/vintage jewelry, especially rings.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

the vintage rings are so pretty! 

SugaredMagnolia

That green ring...gorgeous!!!

IllegallyBlonde

THAT BAND... I love it. 

lylysa

That band is soooo darling! It's like a crown made of hearts! It's dainty and feminine, yet detailed enough where it definitely draws interest!

calamityjane85

It is so pretty, but I find no matter how many rings I buy or lust after I never wear them. A band is as far as I get. Washing dishes, chasing kids- its just something to get in my way. ONE DAY I hope to be one of those fancy ladies who get their nails done and wear fancy rings on all sorts of fingers lol.  

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I can't even tell you how many horror stories I've heard from friends and from folks they know who've taken off diamond rings to wash their hands and left them at the edge of the sink at public places or diamonds that have fallen out of settings....yikes!

Spyski

I never really fantisized about weddings and all the glitz behind 'em. I always imagined myself kind of like what @dannyc said. Getting a home together is my number 1 "wish / need / EVERYTHING". Home is where the heart is :smileyhappy:

SugaredMagnolia

I didn't either. I was never one to buy wedding magazines or look at wedding dresses online until we got engaged.

We also bought our house before we got engaged. It made sense with where the real estate market was at the time. 

lylysa

You and Dannyc need to rock this on a ring setting then, haha! :smileytongue:

DTalksAll

That is hideous! 

Honestly though, I love our house & everything we put into it. We could be marries now living in a tiny condo or renting (eek!). Instead we have a home we can live in for at least 8 years & are still able to put money into savings & retirement every month. 

Spyski

To be completely honest I never owned a real piece of jewelry such as a diamond. Perhaps this is why I don't really care. Girl, dat ring be hideous! HAHA 

lylysa

I know right! BWAHAHH! It would scratch and skim over everything!!! I can't believe a photo even exists for that, I was just Googling for the heck of it to see if I could randomly find a home/diamond pic and bam!

I have an old heart necklace an ex gave me that's black and white diamonds but I don't wear it anymore, but when my bf and I started dating, he surprised me our first Christmas with a set of diamond accented hoop earrings. He even ninja'ed his way to message my cousin to get her opinion to make sure it would be something I like!

saturnwings

[ Edited ]

I can't imagine loving someone enough to share a bathroom with him for the rest of time, but the ring?  Yeah, I know what I want.  :smileyhappy:

Found the ring from a research for a story but have been in love with it since.

lylysa

There's the ring, I'm pasting the image direct for you Saturnwings because Beauty Talk doesn't allow outside links, but hey, this way we can all still see that bling!

saturnwings

I totally forgot about that external links thing!  That's what I get for trying to do too many things at once.  Thanks for the assist, though.  You rock.

And isn't it a lovely ring?  I love that it's different from the traditional but still has that delicate, simple solitaire feel.

I'm not sure I could ever love anyone who would spend $4K on the setting of the ring alone (as opposed to something more practical), but I like to think that, if the time does ever come, I am sufficiently gracious and grateful instead of being an ingrate.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

That's so pretty! :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

Don't have one, don't really care to have one LOL. I've been with my boyfriend for over 8 years, we recently bought a house together. To me that means so much more than a ring. I love the wedding traditions my culture has, but I still haven't found myself in religion, so no wedding bells anytime soon. 

If, IF, we do get married, he will do the ring shopping all on his own. There's no way he'd let me go with him, it would ruin the surprise. I don't get that, why go ring shopping together? He knows me well. Most of my jewelry from him comes from Movado or Cartier. I love pink, but don't need a pink diamond. A nice pink sapphire in white gold or platinum would do, something different. I think tension rings are so neat. I have a pair of teardrop tension earrings, I love them, it's not something you see everyday. My friend has a beautiful Tacori ring with all the fancy cut outs. It's really pretty, but she has to clean it every other day due to all the nooks & crannies in it.  

And I would wear my ring on my right hand, go a little old-school :smileytongue: 

SugaredMagnolia

[ Edited ]

The proposal should definitely be a surprise. That doesn't mean engagement should be.

Amazingly, some people aren't so great about picking these kinds of things out and want to make sure their partner loves the ring they'll be wearing for the rest of their lives. It's a big purchase and I think it's completely acceptable to include your partner in it.

Going ring shopping with my husband didn't ruin anything. We knew we were getting married. We talked about it regularly. I picked my setting and my husband took it from there. I was still delighted and surprised when he proposed and presented me with the ring. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 171 replies
  • 289 hearts
  • 65 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • itscarin
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe