DandyLionFluff

Calling Doctor Who Fans...Need encouragement... But don't spoil me.

[ Edited ]

Ok, I know this may sound strange, but here goes.

I am getting toward the final episodes of Matt Smith.

DAVID TENNANT

I just watched the episode where he left his double with Rose...I cried like a baby.

I am afraid to watch more episodes, what if I don't like the next Doctor.

Please allay my fears.....

I am all ears, but please don't spoil me.

Thanks 

ChicDabbler

Re: Calling Doctor Who Fans...Need encouragement... But don't spoil me.

(0) Hearts

*sigh* just finished the Tennet series, haven't quite taken a liking to the next doctor yet and so many questions....I mean, I'm sure they are just meant to movie the plot along, but

Spoiler
- oh purleeeze, what's up with pronouncing Jenny dead? Martha Jones might be a doctor, but she have a 100% failure rate when it comes to pronouncing immortals dead (the doctor, the captain). C'mon, couldn't even wait a day to see for sure before setting off?
- and am I the only one who is slightly worried about a teenage time lord, with no proper education on what should and should not be done, full of curiosity and hormone bouncing around the universe?
- when you take away the magic component, he is just a kind of good looking man that likes to take young (half the time) girls on trips (half the time before her wedding night) until the girls come back spewing random stuff, totally smitten with him and can't tell you where she's been......and he wonder why their mothers hated him.......

Urbie

Dandylionfluff, we actually skipped over David Tennant, so I'm going to go back and watch, but Matt Smith is an amazing doctor, and his companion (Amy Pond, played by Karen Gillan) is really great.  The series actually has much more of a plot arc starting with the 11th doctor because Steven Moffat is really good at that, so the story arcs are longer and lead up to bigger pay offs at a series finale.  Even the tiniest details can become important later on :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Ok, for people who watch Doctor Who, do you find yourself suddenly with a new list of things you fear? I'm a scaredy cat as it is, but on top of bugs/darkness/alone I am now also afraid of:

- kids with gas mask chanting mummy

- people wiping their forehead

- blinking in presence of stone statues

I'm skipping the specials, are the specials really good? should I not skip them or do they not really contribute to storyline and ok for skipping?

ps. Got my series/doctors all confused. Looks like I started watching with the 10th doctor (w/Rose) and currently at Tennant.....

Urbie

Can't read this thread for spoilers since I'm only in series 6 right now- but without spoiling any plot, I am now terrified of aliens that we can only remember when we look at them.  It's made going to the bathroom in the middle of the night a brand new, heart racing, terrifying experience because I'm always afraid they are behind me.

Beautytester, I am also scared of all the things you mentioned :smileyhappy:

My fiance and I started watching at the beginning of the 2005 Dr Who, with Rose, but we were having trouble slogging through, and a friend recommended that we just start at the 11th Doctor, since Matt Smith and Steven Moffat are the best.  Now we can't stop watching!!

kristallovesdogs

It gets better.  :smileyhappy:  I started watching Dr. Who many years ago when Eccleston was the Doctor, and when Tennant came on the scene I was very nervous.  Then, when Tennant switched to Matt Smith I was devastated; I adored Tennant.  But now, I can't imagine a Doctor that's not Smith.  So have no fears - the years with Matt Smith stay true to the Doctor that Tennant built and flesh out the story line quite a bit.  The stories also go from a lot of individual stories to a larger all encompassing story-line, and each episode plays a part.  That was my biggest adjustment.  Also, with Matt Smith the stories take place mostly in other times or other planets, unlike the Tennant stories that had a lot of save-the-earth stories and a lot of interaction with Rose's family and Micky-Ricky, the prime minister, Torchwood, etc.  That's the only thing I missed with Matt Smith's story line, were the characters I had grown to love in Tennant's story-line.  Matt Smith's story line is mainly him and his companions, and no other real human relationships.  But in my heart, yes, I will always be in love with the Tenth Doctor. 

ChicDabbler

*whimpers* this thread got me curious and I started with Doctor Who from the very beginning season 1 episode 1. Now I'm reminded why I usually don't watch sci fi. I'm a scardy cat. Now I'm hiding in my bed fearing alien invasions. =(

Currently on ep5. Guess I won't worry about lack of things to watch for a while....

nebel

Doctor who can be pretty terrifying! I have spent more than a few episodes watching while hiding under blankets.

ChicDabbler

IT'S SCARY!!!! Not only am I afraid of alien invasion, I am now also afraid of ppl "unzipping" their forehead, and kids with gas mask calling mummy. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! >.<

I need a hug. =(

kimchikween

omg..those gas mask kids...that was real creepy.. "are you my mummy? muuuuuummy.."

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

don't blink!

kimchikween

Darn it...wish my shower could accommodate this

tardis

DandyLionFluff

(0) Hearts

Nice!!!

nebel

(0) Hearts

For all the doctordonna fans!upload_2867652605240073970.gif

jaimelove

1501778_423976761061140_684397694_n.jpg

manniface

(0) Hearts

As a hardcore tenant fan I vote that he is the prettiest fairy princess at the ball

quotidianus

(0) Hearts

Choked on my tea.  Awesome!!

LindenAnn

(0) Hearts

This. Is absolutely amazing. *dies of laughter*

nebel

(0) Hearts

YES PLEASE

nebel

Here is a happy gif to BUMP UP the Doctor Who Thread :smileyhappy: upload_2224132237417271085.gif

LindenAnn

(0) Hearts

Awww. I love 9. :heart:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 100 replies
  • 134 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • kristallovesdogs
    • tbuss
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan