beautylovingirl

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

[ Edited ]

Hey girls,

After reading prettyinpa's post on the worry for her friends and others that were participating in The Boston Marathon it really did make me stop and count the many blessings that I have in life and also that I'm sitting here with my family safe beside me and that makes me realize that's the biggest blessing I could ever have.

Counts your blessings and share.

beautylovingirl

Re: COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

(0) Hearts

@prettyinpa- I'm glad everyone was okay, I couldn't imagine your fear and yes you are so right we forget how lucky we are.

prettyinpa

I am so grateful that my friends escaped injury at the Boston Marathon, turned out a relative also was there having lunch, a couple of blocks away, but she's fine also.

I am grateful for my loving husband of 30 years, who loves me just as I am, and the unconditional love of my dog. I'm grateful to have a job doing fun work and to have a wonderful home where I can relax.

We Americans, as a people are truly blessed, so many don't have even the basics that we consider necessities, like shelter, clean water and decent treatment by spouses, family members and governments.

kd006

This is such a nice post.

I didn't see prettyinpa's post but it must be horrifying to be worrying about friends and family involved in such a horrible incident. I hope everyone she is worrying about is safe. And I have the families of those lost and injured in my thoughts.

It also makes me thankful for the things I have in life.

onomotopoeia9

Yes, they are all in my thoughts too...

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

Beautylovinggirl, thanks so much for bringing a positive twist on things!!!

Its so easy to take life for granted and gripe over things like sephora's vib perks (lol) But when things like this happen, we should use it as a reminder of how lucky we are for our lives!

I am thankful that I live in America, where situations like this are considered disasters. In some countries, this happens all the time....

MoreGun89

I am happy!  I have a wonderful fiance whom I'm very excited to spend the rest of my life with, plenty of food to eat, an incredible roommate (I'm going to miss her very much when I leave after graduation), a good family (the ones I choose with which to associate), warm bed, hot shower, lots of beauty goo to keep me pretty, tamales down the road, good books to read (finally going to get around to Dune and the Cryptonomicon this summer).

The only thing I'm currently missing is a job XD

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • beautylovingirl
    • MoreGun89
    • onomotopoeia9
    • kd006