beautylovingirl

CAN'T DO THIS FOR JUST A FEW SECONDS

Hey chickies,

Recently there have been times when I've got everything caught up at home and I think "I'm just going to pop in and see what's happening on BT for just a few seconds". We'll who am I kidding my seconds turn into hours before I know it. I just think what a great thing that's so much fun can keep you tied to a computer for literally hours. How great is that?

DTalksAll

Re: CAN'T DO THIS FOR JUST A FEW SECONDS

UGH! I hear you girl. I'm trying to limit myself because I have so much work on my plate, but I've missed so much in the past 2 weeks. 

poshified

Honestly, it's a good place for beauty addicts to bond! I just wished more of my girlfriends were as enthusiastic about makeup! :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

I KNOW! @beautylovingirl this is so true for me. I just get sucked in and cant stop reading BT threads

wingatprsct

BT is my happy place!  Where else can I go for beauty advice, inspiration, and emotional support?  I live with MEN, my husband and 3 teenage sons.  I can't ask them for makeup advice!  Even today, I came home with beautiful turquoise green toenails and a neat feather design on my large toes and they all just shook their heads. No wonder I can't stay away from BT!

colorobsession

I definitely have fallen victim to the staying up too late/almost being late for work because of BT. I also sometimes go on at lunch to de-stress. Even right now I should be ironing... Buuuuut, today was just insane at work, I didn't get home until 7 and I have zero energy to do anything "productive".

missjr

LOL!  It happens to me all the time.  I log in before I get my day started at work and the next thing I know a whole half hour has passed!  So I actually manage to get some work done but check in again during lunch or later in the evening.

I just can't help it!  I've met some really great people on BT not to mention the really great tips and advice.

CzaCee

omg. me too. i always ind myself logged in here in BT during office hours. lol. it's my boredom buster, y'know. :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

I know that's what I'm saying you think ok I'm just going to pop in and look at one thing but it never fails, read one post and you might as well buckle up cause your gonna be here a while.

orkira

I swear I do this most nights.  I get on to look for information on a product and end up reading about everything else and before I know it hours have passed by.  Whoops!

clarks18

BT makes my hour lunch at work fly by! 

crayzeeRN

I've almost been late a couple times for work because of BT :smileyvery-happy:

This website is addicting... and you guys are far too entertaining!

prettyinpa

I have burned dinner, been late for appointments and caused insomnia by looking at my computer screen too late at night, all because of BT!  Heavenly agony! lol

kalex

I often intend to just hop on here for a few minutes to see what's new.  Then I realize a half an hour or more has gone by...

^ That only happens at night though.  During the day one of my kids will force me back into reality after 10-15 minutes. Needy little buggers aren't they?  :smileyhappy:

Meg82

I think it's fabulous but also terrible.  I'm on here all the time, I absolutely love it.  But I'm terrible about using it as a procrastination aid.  Right now I'm supposed to be working on my statistics class and instead I'm reading about moisturizers.  I really need to figure out how to manage my time better.  Or else y'all need to be less interesting lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 52 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • poshified
    • roxystar4
    • missjr