cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|
Anonymous Insider

Busiest College Semester

I know I keep saying this each time I log on, but it feels like it has been forever!  I've noticed so many new people on here, and I haven't been able to So far, this has been my busiest semester ever, and I know it will get more hectic next semester (Residency I with my mentor teacher).  Next fall, I will be student teaching, so I know that will definitely be a busy one.  

It has only been a few weeks, but I sometimes wonder how I am going to survive the semester lol.  All I do is homework pretty much.  I had to order 29 books (all are not pictured), and there was an issue when the USPS lost my Shakespeare book, so I had to order another to have it in time for classes.  The first one was finally located and sent to me, and I returned it to the original store.  My refund from Amazon should be in my account by now.  I just haven't had time to go to the bank.  

On top of the 29 original books, I have to get a hold of other books for two different projects.  Seven Ellen Hopkins books for a project in Young Adult Literature (love her!) and 4 Jane Austen books for a Content Knowledge Gaps project in Teaching English in High School.  I'm actually listening to audio books for Jane Austen since I commute to school five days a week.  Thank goodness Toyotas get excellent gas mileage lol.  The audio books also cut down my reading load a little bit.  I love reading, but I am definitely going to need an eye exam at the end of the semester.  Norton Anthologies just love that super fine print lol.

books 1.jpgI took textbook pictures for Instagram.  I had to stand on a chair to take a picture of one Amazon order lol.

books 2.jpg

books 3.jpg

I've read some of her books, but it has been awhile.  I haven't read Fallout, though. 

Re: Busiest College Semester

And I thought my semester was crazy (I'm a Senior in college now)! Good luck Kimmi! At least you get to read/hear all of these amazing books (the Norton Critical Editions are wonderful!) Just take a deep breath, and when you're feeling overwhelmed, you can always come to BT to take a beauty break :). It sounds like you're on top of it! 🙂

Good luck!!!!!!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks, and congrats on the Senior year!  What's between a Junior and Senior?  That's what I am I think lol.  Almost all of my English classes use texts by Norton.  

Hi, Kimmi!  I've been wondering how things were going.  I've been there and done that.  Sometimes you've got to wonder if the instructors have actually read the books and done the projects in the same timeframe the students are expected to?!

Good luck!  You can always come to BT for stress relief.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks, and so far I am surviving lol.  I sometimes wonder if professors have lives outside of college lol.

Good luck Kimmi!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks, Anaa!  And I love the new kitty profile picture!  🙂

Definitely some good books in there, I hope you enjoy some of them! Are you an Education major?

Anonymous Insider

Hi, crayzeeRN!  My minor is in Education while my major is English.  I'm not sure how it works at other schools, but that is how to go about getting licensed to teacher secondary English (7th-12th grade).  I read Speak over the weekend, and I LOVED it! 

Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it 🙂 English was always one of my top favorites in school, my English high school teachers were amazing 🙂

Good luck!! So glad I graduated 2 years ago! My husband is now doing the same engineering program I was (he started after I graduated, community college to 4 year) and I DO NOT want to go back there... I do not miss all the calculations... after calculations. Fortunately for me engineers never have to read books which I can imagine is very, very time consuming. 

Don't worry - in a few years you'll be in my spot and miss college too. Maaybe just a little!

Anonymous Insider

lol thanks!  I miss high school, but I'm not sure how much I'll miss college lol.  My fiance is in business/accounting, so he works with numbers, too.  He can keep the numbers and I'll work with the words lol.

Good luck this semester! I as well am in the hardest year of my program so I feel ya girl. But it sounds like you have everything together, you'll do great!

Anonymous Insider

I thought the first year of college would be the hardest since it's something different.  Wrong lol.

I agree

Haha I know. This week alone I have 4 exams and a competency Friday. We'll get through it girl! I just keep thinking of how amazing it will feel when I finally graduate and that's always my motivator. Good luck again:)

I'm not sure if this will help solve the exam tasks.

For me, 3 year was the hardest one in college. I warmly remember the first year, when you just enter a new environment, new conditions, new disciplines. Everything is so interesting. However, later in second and third years, I was receiving more and more tasks and, as a result, I could spend less time on my interests, family and friends.

At first I tried to do everything myself, but very quickly I got tired.
Some subjects are not given to me easily. I needed something to do with this to not get bad grades.

My friend had no problems with learning at all and I always wondered how he achieves such results and also has time for hobbies, walks with friends and sports. He later told me the secret and advised me to go to --- where professional writers can help with your works. I decided to try and did not regret it. The result was very good, and I had more time and energy for my own affairs.

Unfortunately, learning has never been easy for us ‌‌😞. Sometimes I feel kind of like I am dumb. I have failed so much that I even tried to get thesis writing help from professionals online for my first college semester and felt even worse because I cheated, I guess, I'm sorry and I will never do it again. I hope that one day our efforts and learning will pay off.

Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos3
  • books 1.jpg
  • books 2.jpg
  • books 3.jpg
testing