BeautyJunkie325

Bugs.....

Okay so I kept hearing a strange noise in my kitchen.  It sounded like some type of bug chirping.  I went in, turned on the light and saw nothing.  I turned the light back off and then heard it again a few minutes later.  This time I grabbed a fly swatter and turned the light back on. 

So what do I see....a cricket/grass hopper (not sure how you tell the difference) at least 4 inches long on the wall over my kitchen window.  Now I am freaking out.  I am not a bug girl.  I am trying to figure out how to kill it without it attacking me (yes I know that this won't really happen, but that isn't what goes through my head when I see a bug - blame all the B horror movies I watched as a kid).  So as I am arguing in my head between just going to bed, hoping that someone else kills it later or putting on my big girl panties and taking care of it.

So, what do I do, I get the vacuum, pull out the handle and suck it up.  So now the bug is alive and well in the vacuum container.  I'll just leave it in there and make someone else get rid of it in the morning.

Just wanted to share.  I can't be the only one that had been creative in getting rid of a bug.

BeautyJunkie325

Re: Bugs.....

Okay so we just got back home from a mini Labor Day shopping spree.  After we finished watching the end of the Ohio State football game, my mom wanted to watch something other than football.  I was channel surfing and we came across the Indiana Jones movie marathon on USA.  So we are watching Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom and they just had the scene where they are headed into the temple and there are all those bugs on the floor, walls, etc.  I have the heebie jeebies just watching it.  When the bugs were crawling on her arms & in her hair, I was wincing.  ugh!

mityren

(0) Hearts

I was always told crickets (little black things that chirp) are good luck. Just Appalachian folk lore I'm sure but I always leave them. 

BeautyJunkie325

I'll stick with the lucky jade peanuts that one of my coworkers brought me back from Taiwan.  I'd rather the crickets stay outside my house. :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

So I found a little gecko in the living room - I was on the phone with the friend when I saw it.  I don't mind geckos but it scared me when it came out of nowhere.  My friend said to leave it and it will eat bugs for you, so I was like, "OK!" as long as it doesn't bother me.  Maybe I should give him/her a name?

BeautyJunkie325

Oh it totally needs a name.  Especially if it's going to eat your bugs.  

mityren

I hate geckos! I am petrified of lizards. When we lived in Florida I lived in fear! There was a Palm tree right by our front entry way which was FULL of them, hundreds of them! I still shudder. But the lovebugs were the worst. Loved Florida but hated the critters

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Oh when it's lovebugs season they are everywhere!  I would hate getting gas because they were always swarmed there.  Yech!  I'm hoping cold weather gets here soon.  I feel like I see less bugs.  I don't use my heater in the winter (just add layers) unless I have company, so bugs don't like it inside my place.

newermexico

(0) Hearts

...that reminds me, in the Fall/Sept. our spiders come out to migrate/mate... they are the size of salad plates- tarantulas.

It is the most truly wretched weirdest sound when you over them.  Should be a bumper crop this year with getting more rain...

lylysa

Last night while wrapping up dinner on the couch, I suddenly see my bf smack the wall and I'm all puzzled, he turns to me and says, "Roach", I grab a thick paper towel, fold it up so it's even thicker, and gingerly lay it over the thing without getting too close and I see the antenna twitch and must have jumped back 5 feet!

My bf picked it up with the towel and tried to hand it to me all squished, my reaction? I ran, got the trash can with a lid, came back, and had him toss it in for me.

Nope nope nope, NO BUGS!

magrat22

(0) Hearts

Yeah so on the note of things falling.  The other night I couldn't sleep (again) so was sitting in the dark in bed on my laptop just reading through the BT posts when something plopped onto my keyboard.  I didn't freak out, I calmly turned on my bedside light turned my head around back to my computer and the stupid thing jumped straight at my face.  Well I've never moved so fast in my life.  My computer went flying my dog came running and then a spider no bigger then the nail on my little finger jumped from me and landed on the floor!! I swear the thing was the size of my hand when it jumped at me.  

So although I don't normally mind most creepy crawlies, ones that pounce on you in the middle of the night..yeah I hate them..hate them all.  

BeautyJunkie325

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

bugs flying, falling, jumping in the dark make them look at least 5x bigger than they really are.  The only bugs that are okay in my house are the occasional firefly that come inside.  Those I will catch & release. :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Bugs don't need to jump....they're scary enough, they don't need surprise, launch attack powers!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Were you also cleaning your brushes??

magrat22

[ Edited ]

Lol, nope this was last week when I didn't have 'fancy' battle station so brush cleaning was done in the kitchen.  

We had a flood in June so we have a lot more bugs then normal.  I always have some spiders around the house.  I don't mind them as long as they stay out of my way but this guy was attracted to the light on my laptop and then I'm guessing the light reflection in my glasses. Either way I keep the beside lamp on now so I can see what's going on.  

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Water and weather changes ALWAYS brings in bugs >.<

malday

So. I walk into my house this morning and what is sitting on the wall?

And of course my first reaction is to take a picture and send it to both my bf and my mom with a little crying face emoji haha. I didn't kill it because I remembered reading that house centipedes eat other bugs, so while I was totally freaked out, I assumed he was there to eat all the ants that are invading my house because of this summer heat.

He ran away after this picture and I feel a little uneasy that I don't know where he is ;___;

mityren

(0) Hearts

House centipedes while creepy looking totally help with bugs! When my brother bought his house in the "big city" he called the exterminator to get rid of them from his basement. The guy told him the are great deterrents for bed bugs which is huge problem in the city he moved to. So far my brother has no bed bugs yet a couple of his neighbors have had to spend a ton of money fighting that battle. 

beautylovingirl

I dunt like the looks of dis at all!!! YIKES!  I would of killed it with whateeevver I could reach... Air freshener, Rolls of paper towels, etc.. I don't think I ever seen one of these and that's perfectly fine with me!

malday

I had never seen one until today and I've lived here pretty much all my life! I can't kill large bugs, just the idea of it terrifies me. The sound they make when they're squished, the grotesque mangled bug body... It all give me the willies. I have no problem killing ants, flies, and silverfish but anything larger than an inch NO THANK YOU. I won't kill spiders either, but that's just because I don't seem to have an irrational fear of them like I do every other bug haha. I relocate them instead (unless they're poisonous of course).

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I just got shivers >.<

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 101 replies
  • 128 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • dannyc
    • arielaaaaaaaa