BeautyJunkie325

Bugs.....

Okay so I kept hearing a strange noise in my kitchen.  It sounded like some type of bug chirping.  I went in, turned on the light and saw nothing.  I turned the light back off and then heard it again a few minutes later.  This time I grabbed a fly swatter and turned the light back on. 

So what do I see....a cricket/grass hopper (not sure how you tell the difference) at least 4 inches long on the wall over my kitchen window.  Now I am freaking out.  I am not a bug girl.  I am trying to figure out how to kill it without it attacking me (yes I know that this won't really happen, but that isn't what goes through my head when I see a bug - blame all the B horror movies I watched as a kid).  So as I am arguing in my head between just going to bed, hoping that someone else kills it later or putting on my big girl panties and taking care of it.

So, what do I do, I get the vacuum, pull out the handle and suck it up.  So now the bug is alive and well in the vacuum container.  I'll just leave it in there and make someone else get rid of it in the morning.

Just wanted to share.  I can't be the only one that had been creative in getting rid of a bug.

janinebt

Re: Bugs.....

Now that I've moved into a place with a large patio (and a constantly open sliding door to cater to my pets' indoor/outdoor games I've been getting a garden variety of little creepy crawler visitors. Rogue flies and the occasional mosquito hawk. Luckily my cat is having a ball hunting them all, he's good!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
malday

(0) Hearts

I have cats and they do NOTHING to save me from bugs. I think they hate me...

lylysa

Bug weapon: CAT!

lylysa

To add to the slew of bug weapons on here already, this is the Fly Gun:

swfupload_1068974001214705250.jpg

It's the size of a small water/squirt gun and fires this flat disc like the plastic slapper end of a fly swatter that's connect to the gun via a piece of string. My friend has this for goofs and giggles. It's not super strong so it's not like bug guts go everywhere, but it just pops the bug enough to stun and drop them (especially for smaller flies), I wouldn't suggest using it on a roach or wasp or bee. You might just make it more angry. Eep.

lylysa

The only roach I can stand is the one from Wall-E

swfupload_2160626425049674472.jpg

BeautyJunkie325

For all of you that were team cricket/grasshopper, I just looked at the clear crust troop of my vacuum cleaner and the bug survived the night and morning.  So, I mustered up the courage to snap off the dust trap, open the front door, stick one hand out & open the trap up. It flew off to scare another day.  

I just want everyone to know my dreams were filled with giant killer bugs ala terrible sat/sun movies on scify.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Haha! I have nightmares about bugs too! But i'm glad he lived, even if i am extremely terrified!

lylysa

Raid makes this gun called the Reach and Kill:

swfupload_2501210314761809242.jpg

It has this giant 3 foot long reach so you can have a safe distance between you and the bug you're going to zap and you pull a trigger at your end which fires the bug spray can attached.

arielaaaaaaaa

I need it! The roaches i see are always on the Ceiling! And then they Fly! So i spray, run, close the door! And HOPE it dies!

Lol i'm hoping i stop seeing them so much though! I ordered these things from HSN that plug in the wall and send like electrical current that are supposed to make bugs not like it or something! So i just got them and plugged them into the problem areas! I hope it helps! 

lylysa

I've noticed in Texas that after it rains or once it starts getting SUPER hot/humid that's when bugs tend to flee indoors to either escape the rain or to catch a break from the heat....either way, nope, nope, NOPE!

BeautyJunkie325

I bought some of them and they didn't seem to work too well.  Hopefully they work better for you.

arielaaaaaaaa

Aww i hope they work! I need some relief from these bugs!

lylysa

When roaches fly.....NOPE! Ain't having NONE OF THAT! Hahaha!

I feel like we BT users could film one of those "When bugs attack" shows and each episode can feature a different user and the crazy bug tales their encounter! :smileyvery-happy:

arielaaaaaaaa

Haha that would be hilarious! I have a ton of Bug horror stories that are actually hilarious! My sister laughs at me all the time cause i tell her all the embarrassing bug stories that happen when one crawls on me.

Haha but i have a funny story about a frog! I don't know why but they creep me out to the extreme. And there is always one in our backyard, so i am usually on the looking out, but i was trying to unlock our fence and my sister was with me by the way, and i saw something jump out of the corner of my eye, and land right next to me and i lost it! I knew it was a frog, and just ran screaming! Like intense screaming and jumping around! And my sister just busted out laughing! She told EVERYONE we knew. It was super embarrassing! But so Funny!

BeautyJunkie325

Okay as much as I hate bugs, I have an irrational fear of birds (again let's blame horror movies again).  a few weeks ago I looked out my kitchen window and saw a bird the size of a large chicken.  I called my dad over to see if he could tell what it is.  It had the coloring of a falcon but was way to big.  So I grab my cell phone and creep out the back door as close to my fence as I can to try to get a picture. It turns its head and sees me.  I take a few pics and start to back away slowly. I get about 1/2 way to the door and it takes off.  I swear the wing span was at least 4 ft.  I get back inside and see it by the tree across the street from my house.  I grab my camera so I can try to get a better picture. I get to the middle of my yard and it starts squawking. I froze because it did not sound good.  About 15 seconds later it starts flying towards my house. Of course in my mind it is coming to get me.  I ran like the wind to try to get into the house screeching all the way.  I about knocked my poor dad over trying to get inside.  I later looked online and figured out it was a golden eagle.  My mom and dad are still teasing me about it.  My mom has dementia and it cracks me up that she is picking on me about the "killer bird". 

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Haha i would have freaked out too! 

BeautyJunkie325

That would be great.  Have those recreation videos with really bad actors. :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

OMG! We could even be filmed in shadow with our silhouettes only visible because we're so embarrassed! Hahaha! Gotta love those over actors!

BeautyJunkie325

With a digitized voice to protect the innocent. 

lylysa

Bhahahahah!!! Those bugs can't know who we are and where we live!

BeautyJunkie325

their bug families could try to plot revenge and start bugageddon.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 101 replies
  • 128 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler