BeautyJunkie325

Bugs.....

Okay so I kept hearing a strange noise in my kitchen.  It sounded like some type of bug chirping.  I went in, turned on the light and saw nothing.  I turned the light back off and then heard it again a few minutes later.  This time I grabbed a fly swatter and turned the light back on. 

So what do I see....a cricket/grass hopper (not sure how you tell the difference) at least 4 inches long on the wall over my kitchen window.  Now I am freaking out.  I am not a bug girl.  I am trying to figure out how to kill it without it attacking me (yes I know that this won't really happen, but that isn't what goes through my head when I see a bug - blame all the B horror movies I watched as a kid).  So as I am arguing in my head between just going to bed, hoping that someone else kills it later or putting on my big girl panties and taking care of it.

So, what do I do, I get the vacuum, pull out the handle and suck it up.  So now the bug is alive and well in the vacuum container.  I'll just leave it in there and make someone else get rid of it in the morning.

Just wanted to share.  I can't be the only one that had been creative in getting rid of a bug.

lylysa

Re: Bugs.....

[ Edited ]

It'd be worse than Sharknado!!! :smileytongue: Bugageddon! That sounds like a legit, low budget sci-fi flick!

Bugageddon II, Return of the Swarm!

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

It would be amazing!  I'm thinking we need to contact Scify.  

arielaaaaaaaa

You all are toooooo funny!! :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll

This would be perfect for me, but I'm not allowed to spray anything in the house... It will ruin our hardwood & it's not good for our fur babies to breath in/walk on it & then eat their paws :smileysad:  

lylysa

I remember you saying it's essentially vinegar and water you use to "soak/drown" a bug....maybe that vaccum gun below could work!

There's one that uses salt to kill the bugs, it's called Bug-A-Salt:

swfupload_4935303558905948565.png

And another called The Bug Gun that sucks up the bugs:

swfupload_6277923724774301174.jpg

DTalksAll

OMG! I might go on a "natural" bug killing machine shopping spree & forget about Sephora for the next week 

lylysa

Hahah! No points for bug gun purchases...darn!

BeautyJunkie325

I'm sure we could totally MacGyver a bug killing machine products and tools from Sephora.  :smileywink:

BeautyJunkie325

*with products....stupid iPad 

kimchikween

Gasp! Perish the thought, dannyc!

lylysa

She can wield a bug gun in one hand and a serum in the other! To good skin and no bugs!!!!!

kimchikween

OMG - that's perfect!!  I love how this thread has been so active and on, of all places, a beauty site.  swfupload_161870933445501787.gif

BeautyJunkie325

I think it's because most of us are not fans of the creepy crawly creatures.  I'm thinking that I need to invest in some big spray.  I did however figure out hoes the nasty creature got inside the house.  I live in an older house in OH that doesn't have central air. I looked this morning and the window in the kitchen where we just put a window ac unit is open between the 2 panes of glass So anything can crawl in.  I just tapes up the window so there is no way anything can get in now.  Yeah me.  

lylysa

(0) Hearts

My cousin recently bought and older house and in one room he noticed at the outlet a bunch of cloudy, mold looking material on the ground, turns out there was some type of ants that were inside the wall and tearing at the insulation and the air coming through kicked out all they damaged. He was able to track the ants to a tree outside that corner of the house that was old and had rotting parts. Darn those ants! I freak out when it's a bunch! It's like ARGHHH! Where do you come from!?!?!??! So many!!!! And then it's like POOF! They're gone!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Ever since Kssweetheart made mention of a spider scaring her, every time I see a bug since then I think of BT and the stories we share!

kimchikween

Oh! Oh! I forgot another story...can't believe I did.  I have to find the picture but it's on one of my external hard drives.

I was working on a project with all guys, stuffed into a smallish conference room.  They were bringing in snacks, candy, etc... and not doing a great job of cleaning after themselves.

I was working on something and caught movement out of the corner of my eye -- something on my co-workers laptop!  We all stopped working (of course) to check it out.  Tiny antennas were sticking out of his ethernet port!  We pushed the laptop a little and a tiny roach came out of it. Ah!!!  I bought like 5 roach bait things and have to be a "mommy" and get on the guys to pick up their garbage and stick the can outside the office.

midnightangel

Gah, roaches! Nasty critters, I hate them! One fell out of a tree and landed on my shoulder once while I was out walking. I started spazzing and slapping myself like a schizophrenic having a bad trip. I think the bug ended up more afraid of me than I was of it.

Another time, a roach crawled out from the drawer where we used to store the flatware in our kitchen. I slammed the drawer shut and smashed the critter in half and was too nauseated afterward to deal with it.

And yes, actually crickets can bite people and will do so in self defense, but it is rare. Their bite is not strong enough to pierce the skin though.

DTalksAll

My issue is spiders & centipedes! Crickets don't really bother me because I know they don't bite, & they hop away real quick. 

I can't believe you used the vacuum though! I would never, because then it means the bugs are all living inside & they can crawl out. True story, watched a spider I caught the day before crawl out of the hose. NEVER AGAIN! 

Ugh I'm going to go barf now :smileysad: 

kimchikween

Please bear with me and the long post - but I had to share my "creativity"...

We have crazy big bugs in Texas.  A co-worker stayed in corporate apartments and the orientation packet had something like "Texas is known for it's large and unusual bugs.  Do not be alarmed", etc...

I hate roaches..that's about the only bug I cannot stand and they are HUGE here.  One night in a hotel in San Antonio, I fell asleep with the light on and suddenly woke up because of a weird feeling.  No kidding - there was a huge cockroach right on the sheets, in front of me.  So, naturally, I yelped and it jumped away.  Only armed with sugar packets and hotel toiletries, I tried to shoo it out the door or squish it by throwing things at it.  Somehow it wounded up on the ceiling.  I knew there was no way I was going to sleep with that thing with me, so I called the front desk.  I had been staying at the hotel for almost a full year, so they knew me and humored me by sending up a big dude.  That big dude yelped almost like me when he saw the thing because he wasn't expecting to see it on the ceiling.  We eventually got it, but I did not sleep well that night.

The end.swfupload_6497784123516172832.gif

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Roaches!!!! They will be the end of me!!!!

That's nice that the hotel humored you, I mean, that's pretty considerate to send someone to kill a bug for you!

Speaking of roaches, I woke up one morning (I get up super early so it's still dark) and as I'm walking to my bathroom to turn on the light, I then look down and see a giant roach on it's back that appears to be bed but it's kind of twitching! I couldn't scream because I didn't want to wake up my bf, so I did an open mouth, silent scream and grabbed the closed weapon around (pair of knee high boots) and squished it just to be extra sure it was dead-dead! Then came the mounds of tissue to pick it up and flush it!

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol! I live in Texas! Welcome to my life! I find a Huge roach at least once a week during Summer! Any other time of year they are no where to be found in my house, but during summer they just pop up all over the place! I hate it! We have an exterminator come and spray around the house but it does little to help. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 101 replies
  • 128 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler