HMNewbie

Bucket List

Well, girls, I have to do this.  Today is my birthday - I honestly hope I'm at the midway point in my life.  My kids are grown.  I have a good job (career on track).  Weight loss is coming along - not at goal yet, but I'll get there.  I'm not dissatisfied at all.  As I look forward to the second half of my life, I have to say....

Today, I'm buying a new serum/moisturizer that I've had my eye on - so much for No-Buy-July!  I'm also getting the Ole Henrickson eye lift gel - Bags, bags go away; come again...after I'm dead.

I'm buying frames for my husbands B & W photography to put in my office.  It's time I made that place mine!

I'm buying new, fluffy wash cloths that don't have mascara stains on them - don't laugh.  You know you are irritated by this as much as I am.

But my big one, my one thing that I will do before I die, that I start saving for today - I'm going to learn to fly!  I have a great big jar in my living room.  Every time I take a sandwich instead of buying lunch, the saved $'s go in the jar.  Every time I finish a product instead of buying the next greatest thing that just came out - $'s go in the jar.  You get the idea.

I guess the thing I want to encourage us all to do is to look at your life.  Figure out what's really important.  Use things to win people, not the other way around.  Yeah, all this beauty stuff is fun, but there is:

no more beautiful accessory that an smile

no more alluring trait than confidence

nothing more attractive than a loving, giving spirit

no greater compliment than the knowledge that when people are uncertain, afraid, anxious, they know they can find refuge, comfort and peace with you.

Sorry to be so long.  Mid-life crisis, I guess.  Grace & Peace,

Wendy

DesertRose0706

Re: Bucket List

Happy Brthday!  Thanks for sharing!

laurabt

Happy Birthday HMNewbie!  What an inspiring post!  Thanks for sharing your wisdom and helping us to stop and think about the important things in life.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

JGSFLA

happy birthday and happy shopping!

tashalicious

You go girl!! 

Meg82

Happy Birthday!

This is a wonderful post.  Thank you for making it.

beautylovingirl

Happy B-Day I hope you have a great day!

dianabt

Hi Wendy,

Happy Birthday! Such a thoughtful and great post for you to share with us- Your positive outlook an optimism for life and the future is something that I know many of us could work to increase in our lives. :smileyhappy:

Wishing you a very happy birthday and many more! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lolo01

HAPPY B-DAY DOLL!!!!!!

I love your post, very true! Hopefully you achieve your dream of flying how fun!!

In the words of Audrey Hepburn: “Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn't help if your ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.”  <3

prosopon

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Eleanor Roosevelt

We may talk a lot about other kinds of beauty items here, but ultimately its the beauty in our life that makes life worth it.

Keep on dreaming and reaching those dreams Wendy!  Have a beautiful birthday!

violalea

Awesome post! I love it! And Happy Birthday !!!!!!!!!!!!

kenny

Happy Birthday! :smileyhappy: Wonderful inspirational post

BrittS24

[ Edited ]

Happy Birthday! This is such an inspirational post! 

kalex

Happy Birthday!

I agree that this doesn't sound like a mid-life crisis at all!  You know who you are, where you are, and where you're going.  We should all be so lucky!  Hopefully those of us who aren't quite there yet will have the good sense to take your hard won wisdom to heart.

wingatprsct

Happy Birthday, Wendy!!!  It seems you are at a wonderful place in your life.  I'm so happy for you!  I'm so glad you still have dreams and seeking adventure.  Your advice is just beautiful and should be remembered every day.  Thanks for posting and lifting us up. I thought of this song by R Kelly.  I hope you enjoy it.  Have a great day!

arielaaaaaaaa

That's a beautiful Post! And we Share a Birthday!! Happy Birthday!! Have a Great day!

wingatprsct

Happy Birthday to you, too!  Hope it is a day filled with fun and pleasures!

HMNewbie

Happy birthday! 

prettyinpa

How inspirational!  Happy Birthday Wendy, hope you have many more so you can do all the fun and fabulous things on your bucket list. I love how you are actually doing something about your dreams instead of just wishing, and content with the journey along the way (your weight loss goals). You are truly blessed, thanks for sharing your insight.

nebel

This is a wonderful post! What a great way to start the day :smileyhappy:  Thank you!! Wishing you all the best as you continue your journey of life!

LCResz

Happy Birthday Wendy! I hope you get your flying lessons soon, but it sounds like your spirit is already soaring :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 69 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • dianabt