sephoramusthave

Brights collection!

With spring coming up, what are some colors/products that you are excited to wear? Post pix of your current brights stash if you can!

sephoramusthave

Re: Brights collection!

[ Edited ]

Hmm....some of the colors dont look the same in the pictures. Both of the glosses are straight up fuschia, super bright and they dont look that way in the pix. Last call is a deep bright pink, and I think woodstock is darker/brighter than what it looks like in the pic. Oh well. I tried.

I've been using the Thebalm shades-the coma patient and the police man for the last 3 days. I love the bright/pastel pink and baby blue, its very spring appropriate and they look just gorgeous together. Look at the shadow name on top of the police man shade---"the guy who died but didnt really die"----who comes up with these names?!?

ChicDabbler

LOL. Those are some funny names. It would be weird if people where like "oh I love that color, what are you wearing?" and you are like ".....the guy who died but didn't really die". *awkward silence* o.O

katie1724

Haha! That's how I feel about some of the NARS names -- I totally don't find them offensive at all, and I'm not embarrassed for myself, but it is funny when your older colleagues ask what shade it is and you have to respond, "Oh, it's Deep Throat!" in your office (see also: G-Spot, Orgasm, etc.).

lylysa

It's like you can string together those names and make a statement.

"I was with The Policeman who made the Last Call to the Grifter who had too much Absinthe and Shattered the glass at seeing a Roach on the floor. The Scandal later was that The Mother In Law was such a Grifter to The Guy Who Died But Didn't Really Die, he was just The Coma Patient."

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

lol! Thats amazing! You got skillz girl! TheBalm always tries to come up with cutetsy names but that one (the guy who died but didnt really die) didnt mesh at all with the other names in the palette.

lylysa

Hahah, thanks, I felt like that's all the brain cells I have left after creating that post! @_@

MoreGun89

"a wat nao?"

I love that part of UD, While I don't have any pallettes from them (trying to finish some unused hand me downs), their names and shades for them always make me giggle :smileyhappy:

lylysa

I was a sucker for Absinthe...if they ever made that a single...whooooo, purchase territory! I have a couple of UD's greens and love them!

sephoramusthave

I used Absinthe during Christmas holidays, but I was kinda chicken and only used it on my bottom lashline. I need to get more comfortable wearing greens.

lylysa

That color is so pretty! Try tapping it onto your lid over some gold, it almost creates a duotoned effect and lets you wear it without being TOO green.

*wishes UD made Absinthe a single*

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Did NARS increase their prices of their lipsticks? I swear they used to be $24, and now they are $26. I'm looking at some of their brighter colors (heat wave, schiap, roman holiday) for spring...

katie1724

Yes! NARS has, over the past few years, continually increased the prices on pretty much everything. The blushes also used to be $25 (some time ago) and have steadily increased; I think the single shadows used to be $21 if I'm not mistaken, and you're right about the price of the lipsticks.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

*baby voice*

no-buddy else wanna share their brights? :smileysad:

sephoramusthave

If you send them an email, they just might. On my last trip to JCP Sephora, I saw that they had 5 new single shades, shades that were previously only available in palettes now available in singles. They really listen to their customers.

lylysa

Now my fingers itch to send an email to UD! Thanks for the idea!

berniebeauty

There are alot of bright/pastel blues and purples in the Cinderella storylook palette that I've worn once or twice but cant wait to start wearing consistenly :smileyhappy: Royal, destined, fairy godmother, gus gus and cinderelly all seem like fun shades. I also have a wet 'n' wild trio with some bright light greens that I'm planning on using :smileyhappy: 

~We are all beautiful~

kimmi1115

I will have to return later with photos.  I've been wearing neutrals more for a good while now.  It'll be nice to change it up.  However, I have to do service learning/observations for two of my education classes.  So, no brights in the classroom lol.

ChicDabbler

I do lean toward bright eyeshadows and toned down lips in the spring/summer (eyeliner and bright lips for fall/winter).

That's Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box (Available for $16 on their website! It's the old formula so it's on sale), I can't resist getting a second one. Then there's the Clinique duo that I actually got as GWP, but found I love the matte french vanilla much much better under the brow than shimmery white, and the green look beautiful layered over it.2013-02-14 20.00.52.jpg

Then there's the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Fiery&Tangy. Color me obsessed. I can't wait to wear it more in the summer.

violalea

Yeah funny story, I meant to give this as a Xmas gift to someone but the gift got swapped and I gave her another pallete so I ended up with 2 of these.

sephoramusthave

I remember buying that palette for my aunt a few years ago! (she only wears brights) and I have one of the maybelline color tatooss! I only tried it once though, and over primer so I have to wear it more! Thanks for posting pix! I'll post mine when I can, I have some fantastic brights, not too many shadows but enough lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • berniebeauty
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler