sephoramusthave

Brights collection!

With spring coming up, what are some colors/products that you are excited to wear? Post pix of your current brights stash if you can!

violalea

Re: Brights collection!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love seeing your bright collections. Here are some of my bright products :smileyhappy: Looking at these bright shiny cute little things just brighten up my days. Sorry too masny bright words oops i did it again :smileywink:    :smileywink:IMG_3607.JPG

Bumblee

I recently got the Korres The Lip Blockbuster Volume II. So excited to bid farewell to dry winter lips and say yay to juicy spring lips!swfupload_8085975650280081203.jpg

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Oh, I only posted eyeshadows last time. Forgot about pencils and if we are talking about lips, there's also a couple I like

2013-03-08 10.38.25.jpg

Darn, just remembered I forgot another two. Don't feel like taking another pic, so they are Sephora day to night eyeliner in Tangerine and Clinique lipgloss in Fireberry. Images from internet:

swfupload_7589127488491183862.jpgswfupload_4194122906362417644.jpg

violalea

[ Edited ]

Awesome beautytester, I will remove the caps of all my lipsticks and take more photos :smileywink:  I used to have way more than now but gave a bunch to my Mom and a few to other people.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Since everyone liked these colors, I decided to swatch them. Top is natural lighting while bottom is lightbulb. The korres orange is actually much sheerer and Covergirl one have the top/bottom end shown on the stripe.

[UD Delinquent, UD Clash, Tarte lipsurgence matte in Feiry, Covergirl Blastflipstick in Stunner, Dior Addict Extreme 536 Lucky, MUFE Rouge Artist Intense 36 Satin Fuschia, Korres Lip Butter in Mango]2013-03-08 16.24.06.jpg

sephoramusthave

HOLY MOLY. I am completely GAGA over the 2 pinks, the 5th and 6th colors.

prettypeacok

wow so pretty. You have a great collection !!!!!!!

ChicDabbler

Thanks! Now I just need to wear them as often as I admire them (I have a soft spot for mini-lipsticks).

sephoramusthave

WOW I love all of those!! I have a Korres lip butter, and 2 Dior Addict Lipsticks. I forgot to post my favorite red---Dior Addict New Look. Super super gorgeous. I didnt post any of my red lipsticks...sheesh. But yeah, guess I have more brights!

I really want some of the MUFE lipsticks, especially N18 and N34. The formula is spectacular and the colors are this cool medium coverage, not sheer, not opaque....even the red N45 is bright red, but you can apply it directly from the tube no problem and still stay inside your lip lines...whereas most red lipsticks I have to apply with a very precise lip brush.

ChicDabbler

Korres leaves a film when I try to build up the color, so I just do the sheer dab of color, in which case there's no aftertaste. The MUFE have impressive colors, altho I've gotten more compliment when I wear the Tarte lipsurgence

Covergirl one is a tad dry but have ridiculous staying power even after eating and wiping my mouth. I used it for an eyeshadow accent when experimenting and it doesn't want to come off, so I look like I had pink eye problem for the next 6hrs or so.

lylysa

I can totally vouch for the film portion that Beautytester ran into!

It happened with the Guava one I had. It's just a thin film that happens on the inner rim of your mouth, and only when you build up or try layering and it winds up being too much. When the bare minimum is used it's totally fine.

The CG dual color lipsticks also leave a stain of shimmer. I'm not sure if ALL of those have shimmer in them but mine did and after wiping it off I noticed sparkle left over. Not gritty, huge chunks, but a fine spray of shimmer.

katie1724

Ooh, brights on my eyes look odd (at least in the daytime), so I rarely wear them. However, I did wear NARS Schiap the other day, does that count? It's pretty much as bright as it gets, even sheered out :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Yes it counts. =P

I wish more people would post how they wear their brights, because sometimes for reviews I'd see "I love XX but it's too intense/bright for me." and I wonder if they just swatched it on their arms then gave up, or did they truly try to work it (if you like it then work it, ladies!).

katie1724

I agree! I do occasionally like bright eyeshadow as a liner (i.e. NARS Outremer), but I wouldn't attempt pullling that off every day. Some people absolutely could, but not where I work :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

Katie---Of course it counts! Yay! I *love* the brights selection in the nars lipsticks....all so so gorgeous. I've been getting so many compliments on my bright makeup lately (been loving pastel shadows and bright lips lately). I really want to try flower beauty...read so many good reviews. Plus I love Drew! She's awesome and I basically grew up watching her on tv.

katie1724

Aww, I love her, too; she seems like such a genuinely cool person. I have yet to try Flower Beauty, but let me know if you do! :smileyhappy:

I looove pastels in general (in clothing, linens, etc.) but I don't really wear pastel eyeshadow -- but blush, yes! One of my favorites is a pale pastel lilac (which seems as if it would be chalky but appears pale pink on the cheeks).

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

swfupload_733159625611158547.jpgI think the occ lip tars have the best variety when it comes to bright colors. I need to get some more of those, I love them. Very drying, but with a gloss on top I'm good to go. Plus nothing lasts longer on lips than these babies.

sephoramusthave

coma.jpggrifter.jpgliptar.jpgud.jpgshattered.jpg

kimmi1115

Gorgeous brights!!!!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Thanks Kimmi!! I've been wearing a lot of bright pastel colors lately (yay for spring!) and today I actually wore pastel shadows with a bright lip. Loved my look btw. I'm no longer scared of color! lol. I was so comfortable in my neutral-ness for so long that I forgot how much fun it was to play with brights!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • berniebeauty
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler