iknowitstoday

Book recommendations?

Has anyone come across any good books theyliked enough to share with a friend?! 

I Would also love what is your favorite book of all time.

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW!!

LCResz

Re: Book recommendations?

Favorite books of all time:

The Little Prince

The Last Unicorn

The Old Man and the Sea

The Once and Future King

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Cat's Cradle

Slaughterhouse Five

The Eyes of the Dragon

The Dead Zone

Our Town

Fave Authors in General:

Stephen King

Kurt Vonnegut

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Edgar Allan Poe

William Shakespeare

Agatha Christie

I could discuss literature and movies all day!

tashalicious

[ Edited ]

Coming Clean by  Kimberly Rae Miller  a memoir about growing up  with parents who hoard. i wouldn't say its the best book of all time but , its interesting.

682bd56f-0fa8-4508-8673-a880d2759daf_coming-clean-kimberly-rae-miller.jpg

kimmi1115

I love reading!  Right now, I'll be reading various stories, novels, plays, and poems for my classes.  So, the only thing I can provide at the moment is textbook recommendations lol.  

However, one of my fav books that I believe would make an awesome movie is The Devouring!  I love suspenseful, scary books!  I read so much R.L. Stine as a kid that it corrupted my mind lol.

The_Devouring.jpg

surioara

Fun topic!

My favorite book of all time is American Gods by Neil Gaiman.  I own multiple copies of it (including a signed first edition!  I take my obsessions seriously :smileyhappy:) and reread it every year or so.  So much love for that novel.

The best book I've read recently is Stephen King's Joyland.  I have a love-hate relationship with King, but this book was not only beautifully written (there's a number of sentences and phrases that I reread a few times just because I loved the sound and feel of the moment they created), but the story and characters themselves were well-crafted.  No dues ex machina cop outs in this King novel!  Such a fun summer read.

Next I'm moving on to We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson.  She's one of my favorite writers (if you want a truly creepy read, check out The Haunting of Hill House), so I'm excited to delve into this one.

emmamaybe

I read We Have Always Lived in the Castle last year and I was a little underwhelmed honestly.  I did like it but I think I was expecting some real twists and turns which I didn't think it delivered... and I thought the big plot twist was a little obvious.  That said I've had my eyes on the Haunting of Hill house for ages!

I love Agatha Christie for a fun, light read, but for something more substantial I'd recommend Brett Easton Ellis' Less Than Zero or American Psycho.

I also personally loved Jonothan Safran Foer's Everything is Illuminated and his wife Nicole Krauss' works Great House, and to a greater extent The History of Love. 

Chuck Palhanuik's fun as well, I'd recommend his earlier works (minus Lullaby, and steer clear of Haunted, Tell All, Pygmy and Snuff), but Rant is one of my all time favorite books.

I know it's a bit of a genera change but I really love Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters' works.  Especially Anne Bronte, I think she deserves A LOT more credit for the Tenant of Wildfell Hall.

I love book recommendations!  It's like giving someone a little piece of your soul ha ha.

rikkie

Ahhhhh, I am madly jealous of your copy of American Gods! I hope I can get my first edition Anansi Boys signed one day, it can sit next to the signed Ocean at the End of the Lane, haha.

neko333

I mainly own manga and politic books. As far as novels go I have quite a few of the Trinity Blood series. I watched the anime and was sad that it ended without explaining everything so I began reading the books. Sadly the author died and I haven't gotten through all the books yet but I don't know if I want to continue unless there will be an ending. It was one of the few series I could get my mom to watch with me, the others being Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note. 

The background is in the distant future after the destruction brought about by Armageddon. The war between the vampires and the humans continue to persist. In order to protect the humans from the vampires, Vatican has to rely on other allies to counter the situation. The protagonist, a priest called Peter Abel Nightroad, travels through the countries as a representative for the Vaticans. However, he is also part of "Ax", a special operations group controlled by the Cardinal Catherina. His encounter with a young girl called Esther will determine the struggle and survival between the human race and the vampires.

swfupload_7684535266263869451.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 48 replies
  • 61 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • maltipoo66
    • waterbaby1981
    • kimmi1115