Koofa

Black Friday 2013

I usually don't do the whole Black Friday thing, but last year I got really lucky and got the one last gift I needed for my daughter (much later in the day, I might add) on sale.

I'm thinking about going out this year for a couple things and want to know if anyone knows what the scoop is on Black Friday deals this year. I just saw that Old Navy is giving away a million bucks to one lucky person this year (out of the first 500 in line at EVERY store - seems like QUITE a long shot!). Does Sephora usually have good sales? What madhouses do you girls plan on making an appearance to (if any) this year?

IttyxBittyxMe

Re: Black Friday 2013

I went out on Black Friday maybe two years ago and it was nuts! But everywhere I went didn't have a line, except in checkout. But I only went to Kohl's and Gamestop. Everywhere else I went to during the day (though I don't remember if I actually went anywhere else.

But I normally check out online ads and deals first. I normally stalk this website to see if there's anything I like:

http://blackfriday.com/

Koofa

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I look there too but didn't even bother yet because I didn't think anything would be on there. Yay :smileyhappy:

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

@beethousand all of those deals look amazing I want the ole henriksen one the most!

mberteig

(0) Hearts

What Ole Henriksen deal??

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

The image of Black Friday deals are from last year, so you probably won't see that this year, fyi.

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

I love this topic! I have never actually gone out on black Friday after seeing the massive chaos commending and people actually dying and getting hurt but I other stores it seems to be that people are calmer and more controlled so maybe I will try it, but when I go out there I want to see some massive sales not just 20% off!

Koofa

(0) Hearts

Love your name! haha. Yeh, it's gotta be a substantial discount, however my hubby needs a new iPod since he broke his while deployed so that's something I might have to fight for if they have a really good deal on 'em (I'm not working so my money is TIGHT lol). Even 20% off that would be worth it to me I think, but things that aren't as expensive, pshhhh. Fah-get about it.

annekevdb

I prefer the online specials. I really have no interest in anything that involves standing in line all night in a parking lot in freezing weather. last year I went to target t-day evening and got a fire pit when they opened. There was an orderly line to get in a few minutes after opening. This year I am off work on Friday and my kids are with their dad so I might be willing to get up early to go to kohls or old navy for a few things.  But no camping out.  

I also also like to check out the ads online early. there are a few websites that seem to get the information weeks in advance. 

I need a new lappy so hoping for a deal on that. 

Koofa

(0) Hearts

I agree, I don't think I would ever wait in line!

MissB417

(0) Hearts

I'm a tech geek, so my Black Friday's are usually reserved for online shopping(NewEgg/Amazon-oh YEA!!). The only place I've ever been to is Best Buy to grab random electronics & games. This year I MAY venture into Macy's and Sephora. MAYBE.

beethousand

Last year, Sephora had a decent selection of $10 deals, both online and in store. I found a picture of last year's deals, in case you were wondering what kind of deals they have.

upload_4738953394441689499.jpg

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Wonder what they will have for this year :smileyhappy:  Wish that Tokyomilk set was still around :smileywink:

neko333

Everyone realizes these are from last year right? Beethousand stated it was last year but I'm not sure everyone understood. 

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I might have to pick up that Too Faced kit! You can't beat $10, and I've wanted to try the chocolate Soleil bronzer for a while now but didn't want a full size, that set is perfect!

springaling

(0) Hearts

where have you found the $10 items?

sandy69

(0) Hearts

Whoa thanks for posting that, wow, those are awesome for $10!!!! I will keep my eye out, I am new to the facebook page.

shortstuff07

I work on Black Fridays, but not until 10 in the morning, so I usually stay up and snag any online door busters I cannot live without.  I don't enjoy fighting for purchases, and I'm not going to wait an hour to check out.  I usually watch Target, Walmart, Amazon, Sephora, Ulta, and any other sites that have already advertised something on a list.  I prefer my pjs over the public any day.  :smileywink:

Koofa

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I'm with you gals for the most part. If I find somewhere that has the main gifts I need to buy for a seriously discounted price, I'll probably make an attempt but if not, there's no point at all. I can't stand large crowds & being around people who push and shove and don't say excuse me.. kind of infuriates me lol. I try to stick to cyber Monday if at all possible too.

glossyguru

I never camp, but I always go later that day, after the madness has settled down

dolceloure

I can't deal with the crowds, so I do my Black Friday shopping online -- Amazon and Sephora are the ones I look out for. Sometimes later in the afternoon (when the hardcore crowds have died down a bit) I'll head to Target and see if I can find anything good. 

DTalksAll

I used to work retail and hated Black Friday. I avoid any type of store on Black Friday. And a lot of those so called "deals" are limited (only 5 TV's available at advertised price). I rather shop on-line for Black Friday & Cyber Monday. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 51 hearts
  • 36 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • paintyourxtarget
    • lylysa
    • dolceloure
    • roxystar4