katny

Black Friday 2013 Online Sale Start Time?

Hi everyone!

Might anyone know what time the online sale begins for the $10 black friday deals?  I'm hoping to nab a couple!!

ellevee09

Re: Black Friday 2013 Online Sale Start Time?

YES!!! :smileyhappy: there were a lot of stuff not on the Pinterest list. I was shocked!!! 

linda711

I sure hope it's EST, I'll never make it til 3 am.  I was up until that time last night baking pies:smileysad:.  Good luck in your ventures and Happy Thanksgiving!

kssweetheart

I spoke to someone on the phone, I think it was on Tuesday, and she said it's Midnight EST. I have the same plan of attack that Hydee77 has. I wish us all good luck. :smileyhappy:

susmarini

(0) Hearts

it seems sephora makes it a secret to keep us looking at the website. I'm not gonna do that. By the way, i'm on the other half of the world, so USA's midnight means my place's midday. I'm working anyway, can't always keep an eye on the website.

susmarini

Hey Hydee77, you're a real makeup addict, i'm laughing reading your comment :smileyvery-happy: so willingly waiting for the event

hydee77

(0) Hearts

LOL yeah, I'm hoping to snag a couple of Josie Maran duos.  That hand cream works great for me because my hands look pretty scaly during the winter.  I used it for the first time today and I was thinking "wait a minute..I think there's a duo with the hand cream in it for Black Friday!"

missyrocks

Ridiculous. No one tells us and it's just ridiculous-  any sale should be at mid nite EST for any company. And they should allow the other coasts to buy at 9 their time,etc because otherwise, it is prejudicing us in the east coast- who the hell is up til 3 am to shop? It's unfair.

amberangeline

(0) Hearts

I was hoping someone would know the time answer too, but I guess we're all in the same boat. Also, will the deals be under the "Sale" tab or in a different place? I can't remember how it worked last year. 

hydee77

[ Edited ]

My plan is this (I live in the EST); I am going to try stay up til 12am, might even make a cup of coffee (I'm a coffee nut) and if it isn't live I am going to try to sleep until about 2:50 and try again at 3.  What the hey, I don't have anything going on tomorrow. :smileyhappy:

carolang

Haha, I was thinking the same thing!!

ahbunny

I guess we'll just have to try it out :smileysurprised:! I'll try logging on at 12am EST. If that doesn't work, then it might be 12am PST!

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

I'm just going to get up earlier before I head to work, place an order (if there's anything left) and then go to work happy lol

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

thanks everyone for the info :smileyhappy:

lb1414

I don't understand why they are being so secretive about the start time. I live on the east coast which means I'll have to wake up at midnight and if they aren't up then I'll also have to wake up at 3. It's just a pain in the butt. 

sundaespal

(0) Hearts

Yep. If I lived on the west coast, I could just keep checking and be covered no matter what, but I'm here in EST and not staying up to 3am after cooking all day. I wonder it's almost being designed to attract a smaller audience. More people will be online at 12am EST than PST. I really want the purity deal, but I might have to decide if it's worth a trip to the mall.

katny

Hey guys, had a brief coversation with a sephora associate today, she wasn't sure but thought it was midnight.. her logic is that all of the stores open at midnight so the sale should be live online at the same time?  Wish we had a clear cut answer to this question!

SallieSunshine

But midnight in what time zone? By her logic (live online when stores open), would east coast folks have a three hour head start on west coast folks? I looked on Sephora's FB page and they are aggressively not answering the question. It's almost funny at this point. Dozens of people have asked when the Black Friday deals are available, specifically asking about time zones, etc. Every single time, Sephora just says "first thing Friday." 

Urbie

Since the site has died the past 2 years for Black Friday, they are probably being deliberately oblique about this.  Sigh!  

SallieSunshine

(0) Hearts

Ah, okay - at least that makes sense!

SallieSunshine

(0) Hearts

Has anyone gotten information from Sephora on when the Black Friday sale goes live online?  I still don't get Sephora's emails, so all I'm hearing is conjecture.  Can a moderator chime in?  Thanks!

JenBlush

i think it is 12am PST. therefore if you live with EST, then your gonna have to be up at 3am for the sale, and so on! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • lb1414
    • prosopon
    • hydee77
    • jessyiniowa
    • roxystar4
    • kssweetheart