annonymous1

Beyond Horrified!

Recently i signed up for a gym, there is a Man there who is the most disgusting pig on the planet, plus he's very rude!

let me just start by saying that i'm 5'4 and about 150 pounds, so i'm not the thinnest person in the bunch, but i'm actually very healthy and active, so regardless, the other day i was working out he literally walked over to me (i work out with a 40 year old women who is a little overweight) and i was alone, he goes to me "well good i'm glad your here, you don't wanna end up fat like your friend" and walked away,

i was beyond aggravated, there has been numerous times when he walks up to the machine im using and literally mid-use changes the weight from like 25 to 45 and tells me if i want to be pretty this is what i need to do. he'll stand there why i'm working out on the machines and watch me! 

i mean i have pretty tough skin, but i mean over time this man has become a nightmare, he even sells other women at my gym (or tries too) plans for weight loss and workout routines (even though the employee's are not allowed to do that) and he tells us don't be a**holes and tell the management and get him fired. 

personally, i go to an all women's gym, so this is the kind of behavior i was looking to avoid. 

i am beyond horrified with this man, i'm sick of dealing with it. i don't know what to do? 

annonymous1

Re: Beyond Horrified!

update! 

so i met with the manager and my 4 friends who we're all dealing with this guy, apparently this wasn't his first offense and the manager had him kind of on a trial basis because he was doing things like this before. 

i found out the day before my meeting that he was being careless with credit card information, he would take photocopies and leave them around the gym or on desks etc and i told the manager about this too, she was so amazed that he was being so unprofessional 

she apologized and told us that as long as we have been going to that gym she will give us free months in return for having to deal with him, i got 6 free months and so did most of the other girls. i was so grateful.

on his way out though he called us all little b*tches and how we made him loose his job and blah blah whatever, but i'm glad he's gone for good!

thank you all for your help and advise <3 

comfyrock

[ Edited ]

That's wonderful news!  So glad that you and the others handled this horrible situation with class and smarts, and that the manager responded so positively. :heart:

On a serious note, please be more cautious than usual when parking at the gym.  A creep like that might try something underhanded like damaging your car.  Find out what areas are covered by the gym's security cameras and try to park there.  Fingers crossed that they HAVE cameras.  Don't mean to freak you out but he seems like the type.

manniface

(0) Hearts

Good for you! You may also want to watch your credit card though since you know he had and was careless with the information and seems pissed off...

emmaclaire

This is very very good advice - I don't want to scare the OP, but it sounds like this guy has major anger management and boundary issues, so being cautious is a definitely a good plan.  If possible, you might want to figure out what the policy is for him being on the premises.  If he's allowed back in the gym as a customer or something you may want to prepare yourself for the possibility of running into him.  If he's banned from the premises, you should ask who to talk to in the event that he comes back anyway.

Good for you, though, you made that place a lot safer and comfortable for everyone who goes there!  That takes a lot of cojones, to stand up to such a bully!

annonymous1

no i know of course! i always park in the first row by the sec. cameras :smileyhappy:

Spyski

What a d*** head! I'm glad he's gone for good! People like that make me scared to go to the gym. I signed up to Planet Fitness last year and THOUGHT it was supposed to be a "judgement free zone". Anyway, I quit going after a week then decided to just make use of the outdoors instead, but now I'm wanting to go back because of certain machines there I like. Undecided. Anyway, that's great you got 6 mo. FREE! Lucky duck :smileyhappy:

annonymous1

i signed up for planet fitness about a year ago, and i agree with you it was very judgedy i got really bad vibes while working there.

the outdoors are great, i've found a mixture of both is really good. 

MGJM

That's wonderful!  I'm sure a lot of other women are grateful for you speaking up! Way to go!

annonymous1

update! 

yesterday while working out i talked to a couple other girls my age who i see being harrased by him, we started talking and we eventually came to set up a meeting with the manager regarding his behavior and how it makes us uncomfortable, the meeting is next week but i will let you know how it goes :smileyhappy:

thank you all for your amazing advise and help, you have made this much easier on me <3 

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

So happy for you annonymous1! I continued to think about your post and situation long after I'd gotten off BT last night. I'm glad to hear that you have found support from other gym patrons and that management is taking you all seriously. Fingers crossed that meeting produces a reasonable resolution. <3

DandyLionFluff

Yes.... Going in as a united group is best.  That way he can't say "oh, she must have misunderstood"

Good luck, I think this will get you the resolution that you need and deserve.

Please be sure to report back :smileyhappy:

mityren

Report him. Ugh. I can't stand a tool. 

1SultrySCENTNut

Definity GET THAT PIG - MAN FIRED ! If the establishment does not bring him up on corrective actions, contact the ACLU Immediatly!

Heatoyos1

[ Edited ]

Oh no, what a terrible situation to be put in! 

Ewwww, so he works there? I guess that's why he thinks he can watch the women and give them advice. 

Um, if he has to tell people not to get him fired, he knows he's doing something wrong. 

I myself would probably switch to another gym because I try to avoid confrontations. However, I could see how reporting him would be more of a direct thing to do, and it might help the other women there. If they do not fire him, however, you will probably have to change gyms anyway. 

tehprincessjenn

I am 5'2, 106 lb and a swimmer. If I were you, I'd beat the living crapola out of him! It would be embarrassing for a grown man to have me show him up.

and that weight changing is dangerous. I have heard of injuries from weights. You're supposed to CHALLENGE yourself at a good comfortable exercise that will make you tired- not overtrain at something that is not comfortable, but rigorous. USA Swimming tells us training tips and safe coaching practices, even to swimmers and avoiding injury in both pool and land. 

Where is this gym? I'd like to beat this MF up! 

And you aren't being an ahole reporting him, someone will be hurt then sue, so I say report becauss either way, he's going to get fired... Unless he faces an angry Princess Jenn, who might make him quit. 

annekevdb

Some people take advantage of women because we are more socialized to be "nice" and not make an ugly fuss or cause problems. Now - try to shake that off for a bit. This guy would never approach men the way he is approaching women. Do two things 1) complain to management, and do it every time he bothers you. Be specific and calm about your complaints. 2)  Tell him directly not to talk to you and to leave you alone. Say something like "Don't talk to me and leave me alone."  If he continues to bother you or haggle w/ you, go directly at that time to management and complain again. If management does nothing then call their corporate office. 

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

^^THIS. I kept thinking about this exact concept last night "Some people take advantage of women because we are more socialized to be "nice"" 

DesertRose0706

Definitely report him to the management.  this is sexual harassment and if its not taken care of it could escalate into something more dangerous.  And start documenting everything he says/does and when it happens.  Does your gym have surveillance cameras?  You could point out exact dates and times, and they could look it up on their cameras if they need proof.

AlwaysGlamorous

This is not someone being "rude" or "weird", this is harassment. Legally speaking, harassment is defined as "the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands." The next time you go to your gym, request to privately speak with the manager and recount your experiences. Make sure action is taken and continue to follow up to monitor the follow through by gym management. You may even want to request a copy of the contract each member signs, as those tend to include guidelines for behavior whilst in the facilities. 

Power to you annoymous1, we all got your back here. 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

i am so sorry you are going through this! nobody should make anothr person feel so uncomfoortable. I understand how you can feel awkward  about reporting him or confronting him.what a DB! keep us posted, we are all rooting for you! too bad we can't all go with you...that would show him!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 179 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • nikki
    • itscarin
    • killahbabe
    • tehprincessjenn
    • emmaclaire
    • spoiledbrat