Missie772

Best Gift with Purchases? From Sephora and Elsewhere?

[ Edited ]

Hello my beautiful people!

As the holiday approaches, many beauty companies are offering amazing Gift with Purchases. What are you favorite/best Gift with Purchases from Sephora and not from Sephora?

My favorite GWP from Sephora has been the Classic ItKit offered last year around the holidays:

My favorite GWP from elsewhere is a tie between Dior and Chanel (both from earlier this year):

Chanel GWP: Perfume vial, mini mascara, mini makeup remover, skincare, and a baby Les Beiges. I got this from Macy's.

Dior GWP: Perfume vial, mini lip gloss, mini lash maximizer, a serum, a mini quint eyeshadow, along with a cute patent black Dior clutch. I got this from Nordstrom.

What are YOUR favorite GWPs from Sephora and elsewhere??

Missie772

Re: Best Gift with Purchases? From Sephora and Elsewhere?

(0) Hearts

That is an amazing GWP!!! Now I want to buy something!!!

crayzeeRN

Wow, that's a heck of a GWP!

Missie772

[ Edited ]

Bloomingdale's is having an event on October 17-27. Triple points for Loyalist on October 17 and double points every day! Plus there are having a bunch of amazing gift with purchases!

Does anyone know what is going on at Nordstrom later on this month?

misscg

Clinique has one at macys right now. Im proud to say I resisted the temptation and didn't get it. Minimum purchase is $25 with a choice between pinks or purples.

image.jpg

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Oh... is that a mini perfume??? :smileyhappy:

mafan

Yes, it's a mini Happy and it comes with either shade choice.

Clinique at Macys seems to have a promo around this time of year every year.  I wanted the "All About Eyes" depuffing roller, but I just waited because I knew this would likely come along.  I chose the browns set myself but the violet was very tempting.

Lancome has great GWPs.  I ended up with a second one in August because I wanted to get some of their sunscreen and they still had some promos left.  And the bags they give away are quite nice.  The tote bag I got earlier this year went to the beach with me every day I was on vacation (with little things tucked into one of their makeup bags).  I love their "La vie est belle" perfume and bought the shower gel/body lotion during at GWP event.

And those perfume ladies are dangerous.  I was in Nordstroms once and stopped by to smell perfumes during some promo. I ended up getting two hand painted wine glasses, a mini Florabotanica perfume and two mini body lotions along with the perfume set when I couldn't resist the fragrance!  I tread carefully there now.

misscg

Yup, here's the details since the pic I found online sux, lol

Receive a FREE 8-Pc. Gift with $25 Clinique purchase. For skin, there's Clinique's NEW Dramatically Different formula, first at Macys. Also enjoy fresh-for-fall makeup choices, including NEW All About Shadow. Pick your Chubby Stick and All About Shadow Quad in Nudes or Violets. Gift includes a mini's of: Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, Moisture Surge Intense, Eyeshadow Quad Nudes or Violets, Chubby Lip Nudes or Violets and Mascara.
Your gift will be added automatically at checkout with any $25 Clinique purchase. Minimum purchase amount does not include the purchase of gift card(s), tax, shipping or gift wrap charges.
One gift per customer. Available while supplies last. Online only.
(A $70 value) Only $25

bratknits

Hmmmmm I need clarifying lotion and take the day off ... been sitting on my loves list waiting for the samples to change.  Might be off to the mall for me tonight.

misscg

I saw it and wanted to pick it up this week but realize I always get the sets and only use the mascara and lotion. But this one looks better than the one from spring. Its has Clinique happy and the eye cream, plus the plum lip chubby is calling to my lip product obsession. Must resist...lol

bratknits

I'm thinking I could totally rock that violet eye quad.

shapeshifter

Wow! The sephora gwp looks great! Do you think they'll offer one this year? What was the minimum purchase to get it?

Missie772

I hope they do it again this year as well! I think it was with a $35 purchase. I am sad that I only got 1 during the sale and I got another one when it came back into stock earlier this year!

jojobe

I love the Royal Nutrix body cream in the jar. Its so moisturizing and has a nice scent and it's usually 38.00 so I normally qualify for the GWP's I also use the mascaras, different ones so I can change them up but I love Lancôme's skin products, but most are highly fragranced.

ChicDabbler

I have no resistance against sweet old ladies who showers me with compliments and freebies. I was passing the fragrance counter at Macy's when I got hijacked by a super sweet lady and as soon as I told her I like Marc Jacob and have Daisy, game over.

"Oh then you HAVE to get DOT! It's like Daisy's little sister!"

"well, I don't really need-"

"But it's Daisy's little sister! You have to have it! Can't you imagine it? the little sister chasing after Daisy? Here, smell it! Don't you like it?"

"It is nice but I was thinking of getting it later-"

"Oh! Today is the launch of Dot in the store so we are giving away WONDERFUL freebies and samples! You like samples? here, I'll take good care of you! If you buy the 1.7oz, you get a free pashmina scarf, a red nail polish and this cute little coin purse. Aren't they gorgeous?"

".......1.7oz, that's kind of expensive......"

"But you get this pashmina scarf! *holds it up to my face* oh the pink look so good on you! And here, here's some fragrance sample for you! If you like them then come back again, and I will take good care of you!"

And I'm not quite sure what happened but I walked out with a 1.7oz Dots with the GWP of a pashmina scarf, red nail polish, coin purse and a handful of fragrance samples......I've started to kind of avoid the fragrance area when I go now, but I do like the scarf and wear it all the time.

I also like the 6-8 piece gift from dept store and Sephora, sometimes I really like the pieces inside and other times I really like the bag but they are twice a year every year so nothing special......

kenny

That happened to me too... with Guerlain. I was actually looking in clothes and the lady asked if I wanted to try out a perfume, so I decided to, then she asked if I wanted to try out a bronzer. It was the limited edition summer collection one (it;s gorgeous!), so I caved and decided to get it, then if you spent $75, you get $15 dollars off. In the end I left with the bronzer and the maxi lash mascara and almost $100 lighter.... While I actually really enjoy these products (they are incredibly luxurious) I avoid eye contact with those ladies in department stores...

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Those ladies now how to sell!!! Guerlain is a great brand though! That is an awesome deal spend $75 and get $15 off!!!

I feel like those ladies knows who are the weak ones who will cave and spend money!!!

Missie772

[ Edited ]

Those nice old ladies are out to get us!!! But at least you wear the scarf all the time!!!

LadyInWhite

Me too.  Somehow they always make me feel so gosh darn pretty, and then they'll "set me up with a deal".  Between that and my own fragrance addiction, I'm usually in trouble. (but I smell great!)

nebel

I think Lancome pretty much always knocks their GWPs out of the park- they are very generous and now that you get to pick each individual option from a choice of serums, eye colors, etc to create the gift that works for you the best, it is lots of fun.  My mom and I did the most recent one Lord and Taylor ran, but I think there is a GWP at Bloomingdales right now.

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Lancome's GWP are pretty amazing! I haven't tried many items from Lancome before- what do you suggest???

nebel

I agree, mascara! I use the hypnose doll lashes mascara. My mom is a die-hard definicils fan.  I also love the liquid liners.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 87 replies
  • 90 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • kenny
    • emmaclaire
    • marydiva
    • misscg
    • jxw200
    • jojobe