lylysa

Because you are all so wonderful, I'm needing some shoulders to lean on right now

I just received word that my boyfriend's father passed away today and his family is totally flipped on their heads about the news.

He had no physical ailments other than troubled knees and he wasn't sick, but he was found this morning at his home.

My boyfriend and I live together and his family still resides in his hometown which is about 6 hours from where we are. He was able to hit the road already to make it over and I'm looking to get things at work settled enough where I can take days off.

The last time we spent time and saw his father was at Thanksgiving, his parents are divorced and though normally tension can be quite thick and moments can be quite awkward  when everyone is back together, this time things were very civil and calm. It was surprising how relaxed the atmosphere was and for once I could see my boyfriend and his sister not have to fret over which parent to spend what part of the holiday with what parent.

Even though he's not my father or my family by blood, he has accepted me with a loving heart since the day I met him and never hid the fact of how much he loved seeing his son with me being so happy.

Just needing some good vibes and thoughts right now, not just for myself, but more for my boyfriend and his family. Beauty Talk has never ceased to amaze me with how supportive and loving we all can be to one another and it's because of that which draws me to share this moment. Some of you might recall a year and a half back when my boyfriend's grandma passed due to Cancer, I'm just hoping that in a time like this I can still turn to you all. *hugs*

lylysa

Re: Because you are all so wonderful, I'm needing some shoulders to lean on right now

Thank you, Bfuller, your message is one that I will take to heart!

green71191

Re: Because you are all so wonderful, I'm needing some shoulders to lean on right now

Its sad to see and hear all these people pass away around you but until it hits home...its really sad. I lost my younger brother about 2 1/2 years ago and its still tough. Today wouldve been his 20th birthday :,( and since when a friends loved one passes...i dont have words to say. All i can say is to stay strong and be there for him. He needs it, he may act as if or say he doesnt but trust me. May he rest in peace. My thoughts your way <3

lylysa

May you find continued strength in your time as well. Thank you so much for sharing your personal moment with me along with your kindness.

Plantgarden

So sorry to hear this news.   Know Lylysa that we are here for you.  Any time you need to, just reach out to one of us,..... Either here or PM.   Sometimes, you just need someone to listen.

Hopefully his/your family will find peace and understanding.

lylysa

Thank you so much for the support, Plantgarden!

kalex

Lean away - our shoulders are stronger than they look.  

I am so sorry to hear about your loss and will be sure to send comforting prayers and thoughts to your boyfriend and his family.

lylysa

Thank you, Kalex!

All the times of shopping and carrying Sephora bags filled with goodies help in a time like this to get those shoulder strong! :smileyhappy:

jenjendoitagain

I'll be keeping you, your boyfriend, and his family in my prayers during this time.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :smileysad:

My husband just lost his grandmother two weeks ago, and she raised him. He called her his Mom, as his mom was never there. All you can do is be there for your boyfriend and his family, and support them. Try to stay strong because he needs you right now.

lylysa

Oh, gosh, Jen! My heart goes out to you as well for the news of the passing of your husband's Mom. When one person fills two roles it can be so amazing to show what they are capable of but in the time of passing it can be so devastating. Thank you for your support, I know there's only so much I can do in this time, but no matter what I want to make sure any opportunity I get to prove I'm here for him and for his family that I most certainly am.

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

Thank you, as well, for your thoughts on my loss. <3

I am certain that your boyfriend and his family know that you are there for them. I doubt you'll have to do much to prove to them your support; just being there does that.

DandyLionFluff

I am so sorry for your loss.  

lylysa

Thank you, DandyLionFluff!

PoesRevy

I am sad to read of the sudden loss of your boyfriend's father :smileysad:

*hugs*

Know that all of you are in my thoughts.

lylysa

*hugs*

Thank you, PoesRevy!

jaimelove

what can i say that hasn't already been said? i am so so sorry for your loss, and wish you, your boyfriend and his family strength and healing. 

xoxo

lylysa

Thank you, Jaime, you and all of BT are so wonderful, I can never stress that enough.

nikki

Lylysa, I am so sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend's loss. I know nothing I say can ease your or your loved ones heart, but we are all here for you. I'm sure his father was happy to see his son with a wonderful woman before he passed, and knows that you will help him get through this difficult time.

Keeping you and your loved ones in my thoughts<3

lylysa

Thank you kindly, Nikki!

I hope that his passing wasn't of one in pain or anguish, your words truly help.

feline5190

I'm sorry to hear this.  Death can be difficult to deal with in and of itself, but especially when it's unexpected like this.  Sending positive thoughts to you and your boyfriend and family. 

lylysa

Thank you so much, Feline! I don't think anyone could have braced themselves. His sister just spoke with their dad a day ago and he just spoke to him two days ago. What a world!

feline5190

(0) Hearts

Yeah, it's crazy.  Just in the past few years, my boyfriend has lost 2 of his friends (they were in their 20s).  Needless to say, those were incredibly difficult funerals to go to.  Especially when you see what the parents have to go through in grieving the loss of their child- just complete looks of shock, disbelief, and grief.  And the siblings, it's horrible.  But the internet can be a powerful resource- memorial pages were created on facebook so that people could share pictures and offer words of support. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 99 replies
  • 544 hearts
  • 61 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe