linda84

Beauty at Marshall's!

[ Edited ]

Ladies, check your Marshalls! I wanted to share some great deals I found at my local Marshalls. I love going there for some awesome discounts, and recently I ran into Shiseido and Korres. I found some Shiseido sunscreen for $16.99 and $19.99. They also had Korres makeup removing wipes for $2.99, Pomegranate cream-gel for $6.99, Pomegranate toner for $6.99, Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment $6.99. Korres is my favorite skincare brand, so I was very excited! 

What are some beauty steals you have scored at your local Marshalls?!

katherinef

Re: Beauty at Marshall's!

(0) Hearts

I take my chances at sephora! Nobody got time to be fooling around at Marshall's! my skin and my body ain't got time! Lol :smileyhappy: I worked at a firm that analyzed  fake beauty products and they looked real. Our client was forced to create this microscopic codes in the box of the real product just so that we could spot the fake ones. You'll always protect yourself when you buy from the authorized retailer. 

laurennnlove

(0) Hearts

whattttttt!!??? i LOVE marshals and i shop there all the time! i always find good hair and nail products there but never any skin or beauty finds. I'm so jealous!

sdbeautyjunkie1

(0) Hearts

It was a darker color than I would wear so I didn't take advantage but I was excited for a minute 

sdbeautyjunkie1

I just saw too faced bb at my Marshall's!!  For $10! 

princesskat17

(0) Hearts

Wow, jealous!! I've been wanting to try it.

comfyrock

No OH or Korres :smileysad: but lots of Bliss, Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Shiseido, Strivectin, Elf, Philosophy, and a few Too Faced products.  I have my friends and family going out to recon other stores. :smileyhappy:

bratknits

A few new things at my Marshalls tonight.  Lots of Strivectin, Shiseido, and Elizabeth Arden and some new Bliss.  There was also a lot of new Crabtree & Evelyn but nothing I had to have.  I ended up with a Bliss Fabulips Glossy Balm for the car for $2.99 and a Blue Body Bar for $3.99 for hubby.  I also got one of those OPI 2 bottle sets that they had at Christmas with the pony tail holders for $7.99.

My best find though was on the clearance rack in the housewares section.  A Nordicware 6 mini bundt pan for O M G $10.  That thing will be my easy dessert go to all summer when we entertain.  Bake the day before and when it's dessert time just drop some berries from the garden in there with a scoop of ice cream and DONE.

Alygal90

(0) Hearts

Went tonight and I found Strivectin and Ole Henricksen products! Wooohoo!!!! I will be checking Marshall's more often!

marydiva

(0) Hearts

That's super exciting! :smileyhappy: I'll have to check my Marshalls out - I haven't been inside one in ages. 

PinkQ

[ Edited ]

Do you trust them 100% though? I don't know. I've read some articles saying that Marshall or TJ Maxx sometimes carry fake or expired products. I was quite sad after reading that because I bought like 5 Shiseido products but ended up returning them because I'm scared :smileysad:

It'd be absolutely great if someone can confirm that beauty products sold at Marshall or TJ Maxx are safe to use because they have so many awesome deals :smileysad:

katherinef

(0) Hearts

So true. I worked for a law firm which represented clients trying to stop its beauty products from being counterfeited. You'd be really surprised how much of a big business counterfeit beauty products are. Like when you see Paul Mitchell, Biosilk, Redken in the local pharmacy stores, e.g. CVS, Walgreens, Riteaide, which are normally offered as a salon exclusive product, 90% of the time it's a diverted and/or counterfeit version.

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

I know that some people go and buy the real products and return fakes, but I doubt they would return it to a place where they would get less for it, than Sephora for example.  

linda84

(0) Hearts

They definitely don't sell fake products. The only things I would watch out for would be opened, used products, but that can be easily avoided. I have only ever had great experiences at Marshalls. I trust them 110% :smileyhappy:

bratknits

(0) Hearts

Yeah, safety sealed or leave it on the shelf.  Even today I saw a woman rubbing lotion into her hands in the isle.  There's no testers so.....

jojobe

(0) Hearts

ewww.. gross

bratknits

The OH I bought today still has the clear plastic dots sealing the top and bottom of the box and the expiration date is 2015.  They don't sell fake products, they'd be in court non-stop facing lawsuits from the brands.  

linda711

(0) Hearts

I totally agree.

deannarp

[ Edited ]

I emailed Smashbox after I purchased a sealed kit containing products that had already been swatched  and a primer marked tester.  They told me that TJ Maxx is not an authorized seller of their products.

bratknits

Oddly enough that doesn't necessarily mean Smashbox didn't sell it to TJX.  It's a funny system they have going on with overstock and overrun.  No company wants to be associated with the discount chains, they like to pretend they don't exist at least until they're coming into the last quarter and have way more left in the warehouses than they should.

linda711

So true.  They want no association to "cheapen" the brand, but then have no problem dumping excess product when they get desperate, as you said, the last quarter.  I have no problem gaining by their loss though:smileyhappy:

bratknits

Stopped in Marshalls after running the errands today.  Found Ole Henriksen Truth Creme for 19.99.  They must have just put them out, all the boxes were perfect and pristine.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 77 replies
  • 72 hearts
  • 42 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • hydee77
    • malday
    • marydiva