Missie772

Beauty Talk on Mobile App? Checking Beauty Talk on a Smartphone?

[ Edited ]

Hello my beautiful people!!!

You know you are addicted to Beauty Talk when you need to get on your phone to check Beauty Talk!!! Yes, that is me... totally addicted to Beauty Talk!

I have access to to the computer most of the day, but sometimes I don't have access to a computer for most of the day and I get an itch to check Beauty Talk and see what is going on. (There are apps for all of the other social media sites that I can check on my phone so I don't feel out of the loop). Is there a way to check Beauty Talk??

I have an iPhone but I can't seem to find Beauty Talk on the Sephora App. Is there a way to get on Beauty Talk through the App?? I have also tried to log on through the internet on my smartphone but I can't seem to get it working properly.

So sorry if this is a dumb question- I am technologically impaired!!! Please help and let me know how you access Beauty Talk on your smartphone!

Thanks!!

fhgarman

Re: Beauty Talk on Mobile App? Checking Beauty Talk on a Smartphone?

(0) Hearts

I've been asking for a Beauty Talk app here and on FB! Right now, I have to use Safari on my iPhone and it's just so annoying! I actually search for "Sephora Beauty Talk" and use that link to go from there.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I did that the first time, but now have it added to my home screen. I still need to sign in all the time, and it's difficult to navigate, but it works. 

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I would LOVE to have more BT functionality on my phone.  I like to check BT on my phone while I watch TV in the evenings, and I'm not sitting at my puter -- or when I am shopping at the mall I like to check it, refer to shopping discussions, etc.

I wish there was a separate App for this that was Android friendly, or I wish it was built in to the Sephora App.

I can "access the full site" in my mobile browser but it's really clunky and really hard to check/reply/etc. on my mobile device as-is.  I'd love a mobile friendly serving of BT!

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

YES YES YES! BT App pretty please!

Bumblee

For iPhone users (iOS7), to get to BT, you could

• Open Sephora in the 'Safari' app, switch to full site, then go to 'Advice'
  • Type 'community.sephora.com' as the web address in 'Safari'
  • Save BT as a bookmark (square-with-arrow at the bottom middle of 'Safari' -> 'Bookmark'), so you have it easily accessible whenever you open a new browser window
  • Save BT as an "app" (square-with-arrow -> 'Add to Home Screen'), so you can easily click it just like any other ol' app you download from the App Store (the icon is wonky though, so I use option 3 personally)
Missie772

(0) Hearts

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of this information!! This was really helpful! I will try option #3!

cindyinva

(0) Hearts

Thank you! This was very helpful.

pinktorridora

I check BT on my iPhone when I'm away from home. You have to open sephora in your browser. It will automatically go to the mobile site, just click the full site. Or you can google beauty talk.

Missie772

(0) Hearts

I do that as well, but I can't seem to get it to work as well on my phone!

kariyava

I also find the mobile app to be very limiting.  I can't figure out to how check on the available 100/250/500 point rewards on it, how to access beauty talk, or how to see reviews/questions on products.  I mainly use it only when I go to the store as my shopping/wish list.

Bumblee

[ Edited ]

If you go to 'My Beauty Insider' -> 'Rewards', you'll be able to see all the available 100/250/500 point rewards. 

On a product's page, somewhere in the middle, before the 'Description/Ingredients/Use', there is a banner indicating the number of stars and number of reviews. Just click on that and you'd get to the list of reviews.

kariyava

(0) Hearts

Thanks Bumblee.  You're right -- I just hadn't messed with it enough.  Maybe you can help with one more problem I've had with the mobile app -- choosing a color that is different from the one that initially pops up.  If I try to click on a different colored box, the new box is outlined to indicate I've made that choice, but the color of the big picture of the product, and the description of that color, does not change with my selection.  

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I have terrible problems selecting colors or options on the app (I use Android).  Ugh so frustrating.  They don't scroll, it jumps around, and what I pick doesn't always pop up.

Bumblee

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I can't seem to replicate your problem... From my mobile app, to look at different colors, I am able to swipe through the different colors, with both the picture and description updated (almost instantaneously on the Sephora app; a bit laggish on the m.sephora.com version).

Here is an example of the blush colors updating on the Sephora app.

photo 1.PNG.jpegphoto 2.PNG.jpeg

Bumblee

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Also not an issue for me when I switched to grid view (select that 9-little-boxes icon above the color bar).

photo 1.PNG.jpegphoto 2.PNG.jpeg

kariyava

Hmmm.  I have an android, maybe that is the problem?

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Yes, I have problems on my Android with this.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I think it is an android problem, I can't sign in on the full site to check BT, the html drops to all text it's so weird. The mobile site works fine for me though. Maybe I should steal my sons iphone when I need my fix lol!

Bumblee

(0) Hearts

Beats me :smileytongue: Though I won't be surprised there are slight functionality differences across different platforms. 

Maybe a mod can help out with this :smileyhappy:

jojobe

I haven't seen one either and I wish they would add it because it's a pain to go to the site....Please make us a BT APP

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • jojobe
    • pinktorridora
    • cindyinva
    • crayzeeRN
    • Missie772