prosopon

Beauty Talk Lingo

I just realized that MUFE stood for Make Up Forever. I kept thinking, "what is this MUFE brand everyone keeps talking about?"  Boy, do I feel like an idiot!  Anyway, what are some other abbreviations and phrases that get used on the boards here that newbies (or semi-newbies like myself) should know?

Titian06

Re: Beauty Talk Lingo

Hi, prosopon!  As everyone else has said, you're not alone; we've all been through the learning curve.  For me, it was HG, BT, and Cast Member.  Cast Member is what the sales person at Sephora is called.

onomotopoeia9

When I first joined beauty talk, I went crazy trying to track down this awesome 'mufe' brand, so ur not alone! That was my only big one...

berniebeauty

When I got on here I thought MUFE and Makeup Forever were two different brands until someone used both in the same post haha. I know someone asked about MUA in a recent post, that stands for Makeup Artist. I've seen SA being used recently, I think that stands for sales associate. 

~We are all beautiful~

kimmi1115

I went through the exact same thing lol.  I think most of the others have already been mentioned.  The only other lingo I've seen used is text speak, mainly LOL.  

I don't think I've seen SMH (Shakin' My Head) used on here.  It took me a while to figure it out when I saw it on Facebook.  It took me even longer to figure out HMU (Hit Me Up) lol.  

beautylovingirl

Don't feel like an idiot no one on here thinks that if you don't know something this is a learning process and a lot of fun:smileyhappy: I don't think that there is not anyone on here that doesn't learn something new everyday!:smileywink:

solveig

I spent a great amount of time figuring out what "HG" stands for, before realizing that it was "Holy Grail". You would not believe other versions that were popping up in my head, LOL.

prosopon

Lol.  Thank you! That was another one I was wondering about.

poemelyric

HD=High Definition

maltipoo66

I didn't get MUFE either right away :smileywink:  Here are some other ones:

UDPP= Urban Decay Primer Potion

Naked 1 or Naked 2= Urban Decay Naked Palettes

tm= tinted moisturizer

BT=Beauty Talk

That's all I can think of right now.  Hope that helps!

sephoralovex

Just today i realized what BT stands for.. haha

prettyinpa

Don't feel like an idiot, MUFE caught me unawares also! UD = Urban Decay is the only other one that I can think of at the moment.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 79 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • maltipoo66