veronika23

Beautiful Acts of Kindness

I know there's a lot of great stories out there of people being nice and giving during the holiday season, even throughout the year. I just thought we could all share them in this thread. Kinda like a good news thread instead of what we see on TV. It can be something you've done, someone being nice to you or something you saw in the news. Whatever works :smileyhappy:

The one I'm sharing is one from a Canadian airline called WestJet. I just saw it this morning. Watch the video and you'll see what I mean :smileywink:

roxystar4

Re: Beautiful Acts of Kindness

my dad told me a story while I was shopping today (I didn't see it on the news myself). It was about a foster child (little girl) who sent a balloon into the air with a christmas wish that said "I want a family".  And a few states away a woman found it and my dad said the woman said, she knew that she was meant to have that balloon and adopt the girl into her family.

Anyone else hear about this and have any more details?

veronika23

(0) Hearts

WOW!  What an incredible story!  I haven't heard if this.  I truly believe everything happens for a reason... even if half the time I don't wanna hear that phrase. lol :smileyvery-happy:

spoiledbrat

everyday is an opportunity to show kindness

Yullz

I just watched the video, it literally made me cry. Well no i didn't cry but brought tears to my eyes. It was very sweet of them what they did. 

I always find myself helping out people, even the close ones whenever I can. Not only on Christmas but all year round. 

Even my dad came up to me told, me about this drive their doing at work. I offered him to buy gifts instead of food( since its christmas and everyone always does food), I went out to Michaels, got some crafts sets for cheap and Shoppers Drug Mark (For Canadians, our drug store brand make up) for some deals on make up. It just felt nice, to know some of this kids will get nice presents. Plus it makes you feel better inside, knowing you put a smile on someones face. :smileyhappy:

veronika23

Thank you for doing this!  Yes I'm sure it did put a smile on someone's face :smileyhappy:

Yullz

Sometimes, I just love seeing someone smile. I remember I was hanging out with my friend and his son. I knew he couldnt afford a lot of things. I went out of my way, bought the little kid a spiderman backpack and some other things. The thing he loved the most was the bubbles, id blow them and he would dance around. It was the cutest thing :smileyhappy:

veronika23

(0) Hearts

awwww! :smileyhappy:  Yes I love seeing people smile!

prettyinpa

OMG! Tears, waterworks, the whole nine yards!  What an awesome Christmas present.

I took in a homeless Golden Retriever for Christmas one year. My elderly GR had to be euthanized in late fall and I was so lonely. We took in an 8 month guy who desperately needed a new home. He lived to a ripe old age and is now buried next to the other GR.

veronika23

aaawwww... That is so nice of you.  I'm sorry for the loss of both your goldens.

prettyinpa

@veronika, Both of them were rescues, my original one was headed for death in a shelter, the Christmas guy wasn't scheduled for euthanasia, but his holiday was a whole lot brighter having a home!

veronika23

OMG yeah! My dogs are rescues as well. One from a local rescue organization the other one was found with 4 other pups at the landfill. My friend who rescues dogs, and known in her community for this, was given those 5 pups by the person who found them... She frantically placed 3, I said I'd take one for foster (female) and she kept the male in foster... All this in under a day! We finally both kept them and so happy we did! My friend is a true gem and animal lover! She hasn't failed one yet and doesn't intend to!  I'll do what I can to help her out.

lovelykatya

this was truly amazing!!! sometimes little things like this that make a difference in persons life!

I was tearing up with a thought in my head.. if I only could have my wish come true... -  3 plane tickets ,for my mom and 2 sisters, to go home to visit our grand parents! ...

little things matter, the other day my husband and I went to Starbucks to get a cup of coffee (we always share one), because it was cold and we were super tired from work. When we came up to the drive through window lady told us, that our drink has been paid for by a person in front of us. We were shocked, but pleasantly surprised that people like that still exist. So we decided that when we can (or at least once a month) - we'll pay for the person behind us, no matter what they purchased :smileyhappy:

Happy holidays everyone !!!

veronika23

What a nice idea to pay for someone's coffee at the drive through!

I hope you somehow get your wish! :smileyhappy:

Apocalyptica

Omg, this actually made me cry! That's so unbelievably kind of them to do! I love seeing stuff like this. It definitely helps to restore my faith in humanity. :smileyhappy:

ghkim

that's amazing! you can't watch this and not get teary eyed. and might i add, it appears that my UD 24/7 eyeliner truly is waterproof!

SydBristow

I can't even find words to describe how awesome that is...

Happy Holidays all at BT!!

jellybean917

Wow, that was great! Yes, I'm crying lol. I want to go out and do something now!

pipsqueek1582

Ok...so that video actually brought tears to my eyes!  Here's why...I know what it's like to be completely broke; single mom with a severely handicapped son to care for and trying to decide whether I needed toilet paper or bread more...I know how it is.  Thankfully, now, I'm a bit better off...I have a wonderful husband and a good job now.  But I'll never forget how it feels to be broke and not able to buy your own child a Christmas present.  So I really like to help others out when I can now...like if I see someone in the checkout line that has to decide what to remove from their purchase so they can afford the bill, I don't mind buying what they had to decide to go without for them (as long as it's necessity items..if you know what I mean!)  Not that I'm rich by any means...far from it! But things like this (in the video) show that there are still some good people out there!  And that makes me happy!

veronika23

It also brought me to tears. Thanks for sharing your story and thanks for helping out!  Everything helps!  I too also help out when I can. I'll tell you a story...

One year at work one of my co-workers approached everyone in our little unit so we could help out someone.  That someone was the lady who cleaned our offices. Although all of us did talk to her this co-worker of mine had a few personal conversations with her and came to realize that she was in a hard place... I don't remember all the details and at the same time the details aren't mine to share... Anyways as a group we decided that instead of doing a gift exchange (between us) we would all give money to contribute to one big gift card... like a Mastercard gift card for this lady.  This way she could buy what she needed.  While in a meeting discussing this idea I suggested that I would try and find a basket and see if I could get a stuffed animal and maybe a book or something for the very young kids... That we could make a basket and include the gift card in that.  I find just giving that gift card wasn't enough and I wanted to make it special. I said I would do that with my own money and also contribute to the gift card... One of my co-workers turns to look at me (in this meeting/ we are about 10) and says "must be nice to be rich".  I said I'm not rich (and she knew I wasn't... our salaries are public information), I'm just trying to help.  To this day this f-ing bothers me.  Who the hell says that.  I was fuming when I got out of that meeting. Anyways I went and shopped to try and come up with a few extras.  This lady was so happy when we gave her the gift it made everything worth it. 

I'm sharing this story because to this day I don't understand people who can just comment like that. If you don't want to help out fine. don't. But don't say any rude comments to people who are willing to help others.

pipsqueek1582

That's awesome what you did! And I know what you mean about the "must be nice to be rich" comments. My husband and I are not rich...but we've both been completely broke and nearly starving before... I remember being pregnant and living in my truck! But we both know what it's like so we both like to help others when we can. We're just really careful how we spend our money. But we've lost a few " friends" because of comments like that.  It's sad...but at least that's not everyone! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 82 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • lovelykatya
    • spoiledbrat
    • roxystar4
    • veronika23
    • Apocalyptica