sephoramusthave

Be careful when you post pix on BT

Guys.....I dont know if you noticed this or not, but the pictures you post on BT end up on google images. I found 2 of my pictures from my BT profile on google images, and when I typed in several other usernames into google images, I got all of the personal pictures that those people posted here on BT. If you dont care/mind, then awesome but I know that a lot of people might not be comfortable with having personal photos on google images. Heads up.

DandyLionFluff

Re: Be careful when you post pix on BT

(0) Hearts

Thanks, calming down now. :smileyhappy:

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Dandylion fluff, when I google my own name my pics didn't show up! LOL Looiks like it is time to change my avatar and clean house! Thanks for the head up!

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

WAIT OKAY !!!! I just found a picture of myself I posted on here and deleted on Friday of me at school!! ohmygod one of the mods please help this is really serious!!

Londonlover101

well nothing on the internet is private so :/ im sorry for all fo you who are upset. I don't post anything that I don't want to show up in the search engines anymore and often I do research my name and new pictures/post ive added show up there too.

Carmen241986

(0) Hearts

I'm uncomfortable with it, but as long as no on finds these pics then I am not too worried. I can say that it's not as bad as people who post erotic pictures on the net where everyone can see them. Now that would be something to be upset about. 

Carmen241986

I just refreshed my name on google results and it's still showing. It's out of our hands now. I think either Sephora or Google is going to have to remove all our images. Also all of our content on blogs and such is showing on the net too. 

veronika23

(0) Hearts

I think it might take 24 hours or so for them to disapear.  I guess I'm lucky because my name is "generic" not a lot of BT pics are showing up.... That or "my google" isn't catching everything.

Londonlover101

I do find that a bit creep, especially for those who are parents and have posted pictures of their children unaware it was going to land in a search engine also in Carmen's case as well, some people think that if they post pictures on here they will stay on here. also I notice for people who have more hearts MORE pictures show up! although it is important to be able to research a topic or post if there is any inappropriateness about it. Also BT isn't the one to blame, a lot of websites/company's do this and I just found my INSTAGRAM photos in google photo's so be careful with everything. Also when I typed I my username some of my BT friends showed up!!

SydBristow

Pulling my photos now...thanks for the info!!! 

itsjaimiehere

I just removed the pictures of my daughter... Thanks for the heads up!

Carmen241986

I've removed ALL my pics of myself & David and pics of me pre-transition. I'm not taking risks here.

veronika23

Thought I'd bring this topic back up.  I was going to post something similar but all the info seems to be in this post. 

If you PM images they will be public in your account. Meaning they are added to your image gallery. Anyone "trolling" BT (so basically anyone on the internet) can see them. 

All images posted on threads are also public in your account. It does not matter which board you posted on.  Even if it's exclusive to VIB or VIB Rouge.

I also noticed that sometimes I upload an image for a post, then delete it because it's too big and upload a smaller version or just changed my minds about it... Well that first one I deleted is still in my account and in my image gallery.

I just noticed this about the pictures in the PM's and wonder what else is public.  Is there a way for people to view the PM's? Will all the trades going on lots of us are sharing our address. 

I really wish the security was better controlled.

makeupobesessed

I deleted all my pictures bc of this...I don't like being so public.  Wondering about the PMs tho, since it was outed that messages on Facebook were able to be seen.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

yeah seriously.  I had to check and delete a bunch of msgs after that.

kaye123

Thank you! I was thinking about posting some pics soon, so it's nice to be reminded to be careful.

makeupobesessed

Thx for the reminder!  I see me when i google, I don't like that at all.

phogirl

I'm glad that people are noticing theses things. I am an advocate for freedom computing, and work with social media. We need to be really careful about what we put on the internet and into our minds.

We all care about our bodies and looks, but a healthy mind is an important part of staying beautiful. In this digital age we are surrounded by things that are taking control of us. We need to take back our privacy. These guys talk about it a lot http://soundcloud.com/ubuntu-audiocast

sephoramusthave

Also I dont think I mentioned this...but if you are emailing pictures through the BT private email, the pictures automatically get put into your profile for everyone to see. I did that once, and automatically had to delete my picture. So heads up on this as well....just because you are sending a picture through the BT email doesnt mean that only that person that you are sending the picture to sees your photo.

glamournut

Thank you for reminding me too! I appreciate this as I tend to like to be private especially online.

kimmi1115

Thank goodness for watermarking!  I figured the pictures I've posted of my nails would show up through Google, but I never got around to googling it.  Since I post the same nail pictures on Instagram for the nail art community, I watermark them in case one of the "fashion accounts" tries to steal them.  It's handy that my username is the same for here and IG lol.  I may start watermarking the ones I upload to my Facebook album, even though my FB account is supposed to be private.

As an Instagram user, what I'm finding creepy is how many online viewers there are for the app.  I didn't know there were that many sites that link to Instagram.  If Instagram is smart, they'll figure out how to take care of that.  

miabt

Hi everyone!  Great reminder sephoramusthave!  Just about everything you post on the internet (anywhere!) is searchable in one way or another.  Here is our guidelines again for your reference> http://community.sephora.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/BeautyTalk-Guidelines/td-p/21.  

The most important regarding privacy are as follows:

Privacy. BeautyTalk is a public forum widely accessible on the Internet. Whenever participating in any online community, always remember that what you post is viewable by the general public. Please do not post any confidential or potentially embarrassing information about yourself or anyone else. Posting someone else's confidential information will result in the termination of your access to these services. Information that you should never post includes the following: 

• Your full name
  • Your telephone number
  • Your mailing address
  • Your credit card number(s)
  • Your social security number
  • Your Beauty Insider number
  • Order numbers
  • Other receipt information 
  • Personal email address

I hope that helps :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

Advanced