sephoramusthave

Be careful when you post pix on BT

Guys.....I dont know if you noticed this or not, but the pictures you post on BT end up on google images. I found 2 of my pictures from my BT profile on google images, and when I typed in several other usernames into google images, I got all of the personal pictures that those people posted here on BT. If you dont care/mind, then awesome but I know that a lot of people might not be comfortable with having personal photos on google images. Heads up.

sweetieeee

Re: Be careful when you post pix on BT

(0) Hearts

Wow,.. any way or remove our images? From google?

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I NEVER post full images of myself, not even my Facebook profile pic is of me :smileyhappy: if we're friends irl you already know what I look like, and if you don't know me why would you want to know what I look like? Internet stalking is a real thing and technology is progressing faster than the law can account for, plus I've read Orwell's 1984 one too many times...

KayyLynn

None of my photos from BT came up when I googled my name. I may change my avatar to a generic photo instead of my own. It looks like a similar name kaylynn is an adult film star so I got some pretty graphic image search results. Now I just want to change my user name as well.........

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Thinking of switching to something generic as well....

Londonlover101

oops yep y'all are right, I did delete the image form my gallery,whoops sorry Sephora... thanks jojobe, veronika

Londonlover101

why is my profile picture taken away uddenly? I cant seem to get it back?!

jojobe

Your profile picture has to be in the public file or it will not show up. 

I just searched mine and I have no problems, It shows some things I commented on on BT such as swatches but not even my profile picture is showing up so I am not too concerned. Any of your posts are searchable on google as well. It is public and on the internet. I found pics of my daughter she posted from some chat site and we cannot remove it even after deleting her profile, 

veronika23

Did you delete the image in your image gallery? even by accident? Or if you had double or triples you might have deleted the one you chose for your profile pic and not the one that was in a thread.  Do you know what I mean.

BeautyLove02

It bothers me now because I just found a picture of my daughter, and apparently she got onto my BT account and uploaded a pic of herself. She said it was a long time ago, but its one of the first images to pop up? Anyone know how I can remove the picture of her?

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I am seriously angry at the tech ppl for BT. Maybe they didn't expect it to get so big or popular, but instead of making it prettier, PLEASE FOCUS ON FIXING THE FUNCTIONALITY PROBLEMS! I know it might be harder, more boring, less pretty, but it's more important. It doesn't matter how pretty you make it or how much frosting you pile on top, a crappy cake is a crappy cake and ppl will know as soon as they bite into it.

Seriously, how long has this forum being active? this is the first, FIRST, place I've EVER been to on the big wide internet where the font size don't work. And there's no functionality for resizing images. Absolutely ridiculous.

#BeautyTesterMad

BeautyLove02

It doesn't bother me so much. BUT I read an article about images used without permission. Have you guys ever seen those public service announcement ads? Well, they stole an image of a young 20-something girl and plastered it on HIV awareness posters along with the statement, "I'm HIV positive, get checked today." It was on bus stops, buses, and building in the city she lived in! She ended up suing the company. Can you imagine???

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

That is HORRIBLE!!!!! That poor girl!!

jojobe

(0) Hearts

Yes, I agree- there is a tab on the side of your profile page where it says images public, there is a little cross there- at the very bottom it says you can opt out maybe if someone wants to read it all - see what it's for it may be a way to keep your stuff more private. Just a thought. I don't have anything on here I wouldn't want anyone to see, so I am not concerned .

bombshell30

When I google bombshell, a bunch of Victoria's secret models and pictures of women in underwear pop up!! LOL I guessing there are PAGES & PAGES of that before any of my pop up. If I google my exact user name I saw a few of my swatches, but not my face. I've never put up anything I would be embarrassed for anyone to see but it is still something to consider. Thank you ladies so much for making me aware. I had no clue!!!

veronika23

What bothers me is the pictures I PM. This morning they were showing up in my public image gallery.  The one that I had uploaded/deleted and the one that I actually sent.

I know there's no "security" on the boards.  That's why I didn't want to post the pics of my dogs... yeah I know it's kinda silly but yeah.

kalex

I just googled my username and it came up with motorcycles!

jellybean917

Ha, that's kind of cool! Mine had a bunch of pictures of other BTers and their hauls :-/ Only one pic of me.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Ok ok, calm down ladies. First of all, any images posted here that can be viewed without requiring you to log in is public and viewable for anyone on the internet and found on Google, that's not just BT, that's internet 101.

As for the rest of the pictures. You can view them because they are YOUR picture and you are logged in. Have you tried viewing them after logging out?

ps. Also, Google cache takes a day or so to update, which means if you make any changes to your website title or removed your image, it's going to take a couple of days before google bot comes around again to check you out.

DandyLionFluff

(0) Hearts

Hi,

I must be doing something wrong?  But it is weird.

When I type my user name into google, click on images, I don't see any of my pictures, but when I get to the end of the images I see pictures of other beauty talkers ( Bombshell30,katief241981, and BeautyLove02)

I took a screenshot, but because of the topic of this thread, I don't think people would appreciate it.

I expected to see tons of puppy pictures, but didn't :shrug:

ChicDabbler

From what I can see of your profile, you only have 23 images, so the chance of them showing on the front page are slim. I have hundreds of image in my profile, so if you google "beautytester primer" or "beautytester koh gen do" then you will get images I posted.

As pictures of other BTers, they are probably ppl whom you have engaged in conversation with, thus Google associated them with your username.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 86 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • glamournut
    • jojobe
    • lowrah