cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|
Anonymous Insider

Bath and Body Works

I've mentioned Bath and Body Works in a few other posts today, so why not start a thread on it? lol.  I'm sure I'm not the only person on here who loves that store lol.

Anyway, one of my favorite scents by them is Sweet Pea.  I currently have it in a body wash, and I love how one bottle of their body wash lasts a good while.

sweetpea.jpg

I love their hand sanitizers.  They're not as drying on my hands as other brands, and they smell good.  With the little holders you can buy, I have it attached to my backpack so I know to use it lol.  I currently have one in Nectarine Mint.

I love the various seasonal items they put out throughout the year.  Last winter, I fell in love with Winter Candy Apple.  I bought a bottle of lotion in it for myself, and gave it as gifts to my boyfriend's mom and one of my cousins.  They loved it as well.  I still have my bottle of it since I put it away when winter was over, but I hope they bring it out again.  Their Halloween stuff is adorable, too.  I have one of the Wallflower bulbs that's decorated in Skulls lol. 

I also like their lip products, especially their Lip Licious Glosses.  I've finished off a couple, and the ones I currently have are Pink Grapefruit, Fiji Passionfruit, Butterscotch, and Vampire Vixen (black Cherry).  C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries' My Favorite Night Balm is also amazing.

vampire.jpg     night.jpg

Please say I'm not the only one addicted to this place as well? lol

Re: Bath and Body Works

I have the driest lips in the world and I swear by mentha!

Every time I go to the mall I go to bath and body works!

When we went on a class trip to Washington DC we all went to a real mall. It was fun because there were all the DC merchandise, the hats and sweatshirts and everything. My friends are not into girly stuff at all. They can't pronounce Sephora and rarely put on lotion. I didn't care! They were coming in Icing and Sephora and Bath and Body works whether they liked it or not! I bought a mini fourth of July hand sanitizer and eyeshadow in Icing (I forgot all my makeup, there was a dance the following night, and I was freaking out). I still have the eyeshadow, it is a beautiful pink and purple duo which I used on my cheeks lips and Eyes, so I was all set. Whoo. Saved.

Yeah anyways, the moral of the story IS I can't be near a bath and body works without going and spending!

The most embarrassing thing is, I can't help but confusing the name with bed bath and beyond! I ask a staff in bed bath and beyond was once and he just looked at me. When I realized what I said I turned bright red and I was like OMG I'm so sorry blah blah blah. I then corrected myself, "Im looking for Bath and BODY WORKS" and he told me where was. My mom was laughing hysterically at me.

~~We are all beautiful~~

Anonymous Insider

@berniebeauty  You're not alone, I also get the names mixed up at times lol.  When I get tongue tied as to which one I'm about to say, I'll say "the store with all the good smelling stuff" or "the store that has pretty much everything" lol. 

@geminibreeze  Glad that you liked it!  I think it'll come in handy for winter as well.  B&BW should make some sort of gift set with that product.  Perhaps a bigger tube of it for the holidays lol.

I love B&BW as well. I'm already loving their new Charmed Life scent. I've been trying to find a wearable fragrance that smells like Yankee Candle Pink Sands and Charmed Life is the closest I've found so far.  I also love the Lavender Camomile aromatherapy items. They're getting ready to come out with Vanilla Cinnamon aromatherapy items. My nearest store has a bottle of the lotion to try and it smells great. I also love the candles. They seem to last a long time and really fill my apartment with the scent I'm using.

And for those who have a Victoria's Secret Angel credit card and don't know this, you can use the card at Bath & Body Works stores.

Anonymous Insider

I didn't like B&BW for a while but I went in recently and got a few candles. Marshmallow Fireside is sweet and toasty all at once. It's really nice when you open the window to let in the cold fall breeze -- kind of feels like you're sitting by the campfire while in bed. lol Mmmmm!

Anonymous Insider

i need to get the vampire one, i love vampires!

Anonymous Insider

i love the cocunut passionfruit one, and carried away.. ialso love the cocunut mango one, i don't have it, but my friend does and i always use it! me:can i use your perfume. her:again? what's up with this chick?

Ohh, I didn't see the Vixen one, I love the smell of the cherry and fruit punch ones OMG they are amazing, even my bf, and as you all know boys hate sticky requests these yummy glosses.

I did a post yesterday on favorite candles, most are from there.  The winter candle scent is so nice I got one for my bf's parents and his Dad left it on the table the way he does when he wants a refill or replacement when it was gone, funny. 

Anonymous Insider

@corrin99 My boyfriend does the same thing! lol  It sounds like his dad is dropping hints, but doesn't want to admit he enjoys the candle.  I think it's a guy thing.  My boyfriend will sometimes act like he doesn't want to go with my to Bath and Body Works, but then he starts smelling candles lol.  He's planning on getting one of those car air freshner things for his car after he saw my mom's.  Those work better and last longer than the standard air freshners.

@ Kimmi Hey is the my favorite nightbalm a restorative balm? It sounds kinda interesting!

Anonymous Insider

@geminibreeze, I've been using it for almost a week, and I really like it!  I woke up during the night one night, and I could still feel some of it on my lips, and they felt so moisturized!  It's a definite must-have on my list now.  My mom wants to get a tube of it now lol. 

@Kimmi

I picked up the my favorite night balm today. I had to check it out. I currently was using BurtBees at night, but for some reason I don't think it was doing much/possibly drying my lips out. Can't wait to try it tonight! Thanks for the idea!

I also picked up the new mentha flavors gingerbread latte and peppermint mocha. Awesome flavors!

Anonymous Insider

@geminibreeze  Let me know how it works out for you.  I was using Lip Smackers before I went to bed, and I could never tell a difference.  My mom picked one of the night balms up this weekend, and she said she has already noticed a difference.  I also picked up one the Christmas lipglosses: Winter Candy Apple.  I love that scent!! 

@ Kimmi I love it! I noticed a huge difference! My lips are so soft, and with the weather getting cold they usually get a lil parched. But I put it on every night, and it's pretty awesome! It has a great taste too, not like regular hydrating lipbalm. I think I may pick up a second one to leave out during the day when I'm home to swipe on. Thanks for the great recommendation!

Also with their perfumes, I love it's something called something Amethyst. Black Amythest I think? It's kinda heavy, so it's perfect for this time of year. It has a spice  undertone I think.

I love their Black Raspberry Vanilla fragrance.

When I go into BBW, the thing I head straight for is their True Blue Spa setup.  I love the Shea Cashmere!  Smells SO good.  Most of their other body lotions don't really moisturize my dry skin in the winter, but the body shower cream and body butter (hand cream too, second only to L'Occitane) seal in moisture and keep them moisturized.

The True Blue Spa stuff for hands and feet is also great.  I love the Shea It Isn't So, Tough Love, etc.  Anything that goes on feet to smooth them out and make them baby soft!  The hand scrub also works really well at sloughing off dead skin on my hands when the decide to flake, crack and bleed in the winter.  The oil in it is wonderful at moisturizing your hands when you wash off the scrub itself and put some lotion on.  Gosh, now I want to get my spa pedicure tub down and give myself a total full pedicure and manicure! (Well, my feet ARE cold right now....)

And thanks for reminding me....I just realized when my husband gets home with our Camry, I have to change out the scentportable in there.  Cherry Blossom!

Anonymous Insider

@sephoramusthave  How do you like their perfumes?  I've used their body sprays, but they don't last too long, and I never remember to take the big bottle with me lol.  I figured their perfumes would be more concentrated, but I've not tried them yet.

@waterbaby1981  I love the scentportables!  They outlast all of the other car freshners I've tried lol.  I have the Christmas penguin one for my Corolla, and my boyfriend just has a basic one for his Focus.  The one in my car at the moment is Island Margarita!

kimmi1115---I love their fragrances! I have only bought the black raspberrry vanilla one and its amazing. It IS longer lasting then their body sprays but since its still an eu de toilette it doesnt last more than a couple of hours on me, if that. But their fragrances are really nice, and you get a big bottle for a descent price. Other than fragrance, I dont like any other items from this store because they arent natural, and for skincare/bath and body items I like the natural route. Oh and I also remember liking the midnight pomegranite fragrance as well.

Carol's Daughter fragrances ( what happened to them? there's just a couple of rollerballs up for sale now...they used to have like 6 awesome ones) is the ONLY eu de toilette thats *truly* long lasting.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for the info, sephoramusthave!  I'll have to let my mom know about that.  She's been looking for a new fragrance, but her nose is super sensitive.  She likes many of the B&BW scents, so that may be a good route for her and her nose lol.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • sweetpea.jpg
  • vampire.jpg
  • night.jpg
  • 66A19EAF-3B57-4641-97FC-A05DF09916BA.png
  • 97D1A005-0A8C-40B6-864E-1E79E6CB3493.jpeg
  • 3267A7AC-9F93-491D-AA90-8CEA54C99BF7.jpeg
  • C0A0FA83-222B-453A-AC19-6E8E3A946706.jpeg
  • 0CD4682B-4654-40F8-B158-B745107822D4.jpeg
  • C8F92A41-DABE-47FF-9B3F-C66F6E1E0D8E.png