broadwaybarbie

Bath and Body Works vs The Body Shop?!

Hello beauty babes! :smileyhappy: 

So as this lovely spring day is coming to a close, I would like to know which you all prefer, Bath and Body Works or The Body Shop?! My friend is obsessed with both stores and is a uncertified hoarder of both (along with philosophy) haha :smileyhappy: She works for Bath and Body Works but loves both stores for various reasons and doesnt seem to have a preference for one over the other. I myself LOVE philosophy. But I've found myself just starting to get into the whole "body lotion, body butter, spritzer" bit. So I would like to see which stores or brands you guys like better for a full body pampering kit and why?! :smileyhappy:

jennypie04

Re: Bath and Body Works vs The Body Shop?!

(0) Hearts

now i used bbw for years and after i tried tbs, i realized that the body mists and lotions are better at tbs cos they last longer. the fragrance does NOT last as long as of tbs. However the candles are the only good things in bbw. for a body pampering set tbs is amazing. not to forget their amazing green tea tree sets for acne and blemishes <3 xoxo . check my instagram - jennystark04 for more questions:smileyhappy:

ContentlyKayKay

I have a somewhat alarming addiction to BBW's candles!!! I'm trying to be strict with myself about not buying anymore candles until I burn through what I have.. but then they release a new line and I can't help myself. (Market Peach..mmm)

Anyways, I know you were asking more about body items.. I prefer TBS for body butters. But if I'm looking for pampering day items, I head over to LUSH. There's just so many choices of bath bombs and bubble bars.. and they're so pretty. That matters. :smileywink: There's just so much there I love.. body scrub.. shampoo bar.. sigh. I want a bath now. Sorry.. I didn't mean for my post to turn into a LUSH-appreciation love note.

broadwaybarbie

first off- I know what you mean by the new line thing! If I love a brand and they come out with new products, I have to have them! 

Secondly- of course the pretty factor Matters! :smileywink: it makes you feel even MORE pampered if its a pretty product! :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I was in LOVE with the Passion Fruit Body Butter and Lip Butter from TBS, it smelled so heavenly! I was so sad when they got discontinued!

I've def used BBW's products much more/for longer than I have items from TBS, but now I just stick with the shower gel and body creams from BBW. I do have some of their home fragrance items like the oils and carports.

Like others have mentioned, I'm also a Lush fan, I def have my faves (like the Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb and Seanick solid shampoo).

helpful

(0) Hearts

I love them both! I love BBW for their sugar scrubs and body creams. But there are definitely some scents that I love at TBS too- like satsuma. And I love their honey bronze dry oil. But if I had to pick just one.... It would probably be BBW. :smileyhappy:

broadwaybarbie

My friend has an unhealthy obssession with the satsuma sent! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

To Helpful and Broadwaybarbie (info for your friend), if you love the scent of satsuma, check out Lush's Bubble Bar in Yuzu & Cocoa, it's scent is based off of satsuma and it's got a rich, citrus scent that's mellowed and softened by the cocoa, but not a chocolate cocoa, more of a cocoa butter.

I love that one!

helpful

I've never used lush products before but I'm going to look it up right now! :smileyhappy:

veevali

I like both stores for different things (and I also love Lush too). At BBW I love the candles, hand soaps, and aromatherapy lines. At TBS I love the body butters and shower gels. And at Lush, I love the fresh face masks, bath bombs, and shower gels (there are more, I think I love Lush the most). I think it really really depends on what scents you love and which store/brand has them...

There are often great sales at BBW and TBS, so I recommend never paying full price at those stores. And right now on living social, they have a $10 for $20 at TBS! Good deal if you're looking to start trying stuff from there.

I have a shopping problem...

broadwaybarbie

(0) Hearts

GREAT DEAL! I'll let you know it I buy :smileyhappy:

Spyski

I've tried both the body shop and b&bw, but I always end up back at LUSH. I absolutely love that place! Fresh, handmade cosmetics + skincare made in Canada. Their face wash, Ocean Salt is my holy grail skincare product. I thought their company was too good to be true at first since they have good morals, campaigns, organic products, and most importantly effective products that smell ahhhmazing! If you haven't tried a bath bomb, you're missing out IMO.

lylysa

Love the bath bombs, bubble bars, and bath melts from Lush!

Not to mention their solid shampoo, Seanick!

I always find such great kits/sets there for my mom and friends too!

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

I like Bath and Body Works a bit more. LOL just a tiny bit more. I like their deals and their scents. I also love Victoria's Secret too. I have so much shower gel and lotions in storage that I can't buy anymore til I finish some of it, plus I'm doing no buy for this month anyway. 

ChicDabbler

BBW. They always have the buy $10 get item up to $13, better promo than body shop. I like body shop butter and grapefruit line, but most of their butters have parabens while at least the BBW cream I use dont. I also like the True Blue Spa stuff, their masks are fun and love the salt body scrub.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Oh yeah, they have body washes/gels/body lotions/hand creams/foot creams. In fact, I just saw a bunch of body stuff from the body shop brand at tjmaxx for super cheap.

broadwaybarbie

(0) Hearts

I saw some too as well just this past weekend! Of course they were smaller, but it was a steal of a deal! :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I guess the body shop, just because they carry skincare. I've used of their skincare kits awhile back, and it was really nice and super affordable. BBW has discontinued my fave scent (black raspberry vanilla) so I'm kinda mad at them lol.

broadwaybarbie

(0) Hearts

OOOO I cant stand when stores discontinue my fav items!! Not a fun thing to fight with!! But is the skincare for your body as well? :smileyhappy:

Fabz

I would have to say that I prefer B&BW just because they seem to have a better selection of stuffs. This could just be at my mall but the body shop is teeny tiny! I purchased the strawberry body butter and spa kit for my mom and smelled delicious. For myself I have bought body sprays and have been eyeing some candles from B&BW that I've been waiting to go on sale. 

broadwaybarbie

(0) Hearts

The Body shop at my local mall is tinier than the B&BW as well. I do seem to find the matching products put together by sent at B&BW to be better as well, in my opinion :smileyhappy: So, after thought, I guess I'd have to agree with you! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • veevali
    • helpful
    • bananachoox3