butterblume

BT Get-togethers?

Has this ever been done?

Lily's post about meeting friends got me thinking. I've just relocated to the States and I haven't really had a chance to meet anyone but for a lot of us it sounds like making friends can sometimes just be a pain too. I thought since we all already share at least one thing in common it might be an idea to occasionally organise some get togethers.

They'd have to be divided up by region obviously and there'd be a ton of coordinating to do to try and pick a place/time/venue etc. But it might be fun. 

What do you guys think?

jojobe

Re: BT Get-togethers?

(0) Hearts

I am over on the eastern side closer to NM...

taylorkiryluik

(0) Hearts

I am! But I'm back  and forth between Canada and Arizona, I leave in January but should be back in April/may if you wanna plan in advance!!

MikuNerd65

Aww, if only I stayed there..I moved to a different state 3-4 years ago

Londonlover101

@calamityjane85 good words,girl!

Londonlover101

this would be amazing, what a great idea it makes me so happy since all of us are friends on here and we would have so much to talk about!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I would but I'm in the boonies. Anyone here ever shopped/been to Westfarm's Mall or Mohegan Sun in CT?

ps. I agree about safety/security awareness. Let's meet at public places, and do not post exact location, phone number or email here (save that for PM). I would also like to emphasize anything you post on BT forum are searchable in major search engines so even non-BTers can see them.

butterblume

(0) Hearts

I have slim hopes that there's somebody in the Detroit/Michigan area, heh.

And yes! Always public places, and details in PM only. Bring any beautyminded friends and family if you like (for added security)! We'll be smart and have fun!

princesskat17

(0) Hearts

Oh I'm in west Michigan!! A bit far from Detroit though lol. I'm also in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs quite a bit. This sounds like a really fun idea :smileyhappy:

jojobe

(0) Hearts

We moved from there about a year ago...don't say I miss the cold much! Are your by Grand Rapids 

Urbie

My parents are down the street from Westfarms- gotta love it! :smileyhappy:  I live in NYC these days though.  

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Hahaha, I like you Urbie, but not enough to shop with your parents. Jk jk. =P

Jokes aside, it's still 1hr drive for me eventho it's the closest. It's a nice location they have! I always go to Trader Joes across the street for desserts. Latest haul includes Frehcn macarons, pumpkin croissant, chocolate lava cake. YUM! ooohhh NYC! Gosh, plenty of Sephora + good China town. MmmMmmm....

Urbie

Yes, Trader's Joe's is the best!  The macarons are soooo good, I can't believe that they are so cheap/from the frozen section!  I'm at my parent's for Xmas and was gonna go grab some, but I am afraid of the mall traffic at this time of year.

I feel like most things in CT are "an hours drive away"...I always, always use that phrase when trying to describe things to people not from here.  :smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

This sounds fun, but please pretty please keep it vague (looks like yall are) and keep the details to PM's. There are stalkers and creeps out there and I want my BBFF's to be safe!! :smileyhappy: I know from experience. 

MaryDiva.... I just die from you comment on avatars. 

kssweetheart

Very good thinking.

***************Creepers & Stalkers Beware!!***************

**We will defend ourselves! We will spray you with every brand of hair spray Sephora carries!

**We will knock you down and paint your nails!! It won't be pretty!

**We will Tattoo the words, Loser - Creeper - Stalker, on you with our longest lasting Lipsticks and Eyeliners!

**And if that doesn't do it, we will plug in the hot wax and pull out the waxing strips!! Don't tempt us!

*****HOW DO YOU LIKE STALKING ME NOW?!?!*****

So sorry, that must have been one of my other personalities talking. My (other personality's) Bad. :smileytongue:

I don't normally support violence, but at least I was able to get it out of my system here. :smileyhappy:

butterblume

Hahaha you're killing me. BTers are deadly!

ChicDabbler

"**We will knock you down and paint your nails!! It won't be pretty!"

@lilyyy, where are you? I need to borrow your beaded nail polishes. =P

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

Just doin'' my part, trying to make the world a safer, more beautiful place.

A more Sephora-ey place. :smileywink:

@beautytester - how about a Ciate Feather mani?

MissB417

As long as I can take a train there, I'm down!

but no seriously I'd love to me some new friends. The BT community is amazing.

SallieSunshine

I think this is a great idea. I agree with mafan that the end of the year is hard for organization. But we should definitely keep this thread going after New Year's and see what what we can do! (I'm afraid this is going to lead to a whole new level of enabling...)

mafan

Jellybean517 and I met up when we swapped a TSB.  We had great fun and talked about maybe trying to get others to join us sometime.  It's hard to organize anything at the end of the year, I think, but I was thinking that in the New Year it would be fun to try.  We went to lunch and then to Sephora to browse. :smileyhappy:

marydiva

Ah! I literally had a dream about this last week - it was so out of the blue. Everyone was wearing t-shirts with their little avatar picture on them. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 85 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • malday
    • marydiva
    • jojobe
    • saturnwings