rikkie

BBFFs! I did something that kind of scares me! (blog alert)

In school I always hated having to write things for assignments, and if you ever told me one day I'd voluntarily decide to try writing anything seriously, I would have laughed so hard I cried. But for the last while I have thought on and off about trying out blogging, it just seemed so out of character for me. Yesterday I finally just went for it! 

It's super basic so far, but I have big dreams :smileyhappy: It's called Excessive Color (dot com), since google doesn't know it exists yet, haha. Please take a look if you like and tell me what you think? Or just celebrate with me, it's scary trying something new and out of my comfort zone!

nellag

Re: BBFFs! I did something that kind of scares me! (blog alert)

This is fantastic Rikkie, great job! I enjoyed reading your blog I cannot wait for your next post.

CaitlinBrunson

I am def bookmarking you! I have been considering writing a blog lately and have always chickened out! Congrats on having the balls to go for it! (I hope that isn't too inappropriate to say on here, if so mods feel free to change it!) 

rikkie

(0) Hearts

You should give it a shot! I think setting everything up is harder than actually writing about things, I think I have too much to say about every little thing, haha. 

BeautyJunkie325

Just bookmarked you!  I'm so excited for you. 

crayzeeRN

Just bookmarked you Rikkie! Looking forward to reading more :smileyhappy:

rikkie

(0) Hearts

And now you can! I just updated, haha. Thanks for taking a look! :smileyvery-happy:

wingatprsct

Amazing job, rikkie!  You described everything so well, the pictures were great, and I can't wait to see more.  Your charm and humor makes it an interesting read.  Good luck with your blog!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Thanks!! I'm glad you liked it and I hope you will keep reading! :smileyvery-happy:

wendyomgwar

So I already read through everything!

I want more please :smileyvery-happy: <3

rikkie

Of course! Sunday I packed up the house and Monday we moved everything, so today will be update day! As soon as I have internet for the computer and not just my phone! :heart:

ghkim

congrats on your blog! looks great so far. i love your honesty in reviewing the wantable box. makes me feel like i can trust you to give a real review. can't wait to read more!

rikkie

Thanks, I feel the same way about honest reviews, when someone only writes about how amazing every single thing is you definitely start to wonder, haha. 

JenBlush

Great job! I love the tag line under your Blog's name! haha! I think your going to find it awesome because maybe now you can keep track of everything you have and if you like it and what not! I love all the pictures you took and how descriptive you are with them! keep it up! i would love to see more! <3

rikkie

That's a good point, it is a great way to keep track of things, I never thought of it that way! I'm excited to write about EVERYTHING all of a sudden, I want it all included. :smileyvery-happy: 

We'll see if I can write faster than I acquire items, hahaha. 

JenBlush

Lol well maybe it will hold you back a little from shopping if you maybe want to do a "first impressions" on an item or review it individually! Im sure hauls will be the fastest posts for you to do! 

MermaidBarbie

Hey, Rikkie! Congrats on starting a blog! I know it's scary because it's something totally out of your comfort zone, but fear not! Keep it going and never look back. We're all here to support you. :smileyhappy:

jenpred

Congrats on your blog, rikkie! What an adventure!! It's officially bookmarked :smileyhappy:. Enjoy and have fun with it!

Missie772

Oh! Congrats on your blog!!! I love the name! You did a great job on the subscription box! I love it! I can't wait to read more posts!!!

theramenlover

Yay! Congrats on your blogging! I hope you stick with it :smileyhappy: I tried it a while back and I gave up after a while, lol. I like your layout, it's really simple and your blog is straight to the point. I think it's a great start!

rikkie

Awww, everyone has such sweet comments. Thank you all, really. Seeing this today and the passionate defense of Carmen's board yesterday drives home how great and supportive BT can be as a community. :heart: 

You are all amazing!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 79 replies
  • 114 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • theramenlover