laynebr

Asian Skin Care

I have a skin care obsession. I love trying out new products and have a special love for Asian skin care! It's the packaging and all the promises they give you. I'm just a sucker for them! I recently picked these two masks up but have no clue how to use them :smileysad: one of them is a face coin mask but I'm not exactly sure what kind of solution to soak it in for it to become a cloth mask. The other one is heart shaped and supposed to go on your cheeks. Again I have no clue how to use these :smileysad: any of you ladies have any idea?? 

image.jpg

sravanthi

Re: Asian Skin Care

(0) Hearts

those u need to soak them in rose water, u can get in any asian or indian stores, generally u can use along with toner, but rose water calms ur skin, and gives glowing skin, i use these kind of masks every time, like 3 times a week, and the wet ones are really great for travelling

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

Cool! I have heard that a lot of Japanese women have 10 or 15 different skin care steps! I tell my husband that when he can't believe I am STILL  in the bathroom at night, opening jars and tubes and bottles, and he is waiting to me to come watch a show...

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

Those are really cute packages but wow..I would be in the same situation as you are, trying to figure out how to use them.

mrsstory

(0) Hearts

I hope you had a good "relaxing time."  :smileywink:  I'll tell Mom that it worked out for you! 

mrsstory

Mom looked at the second one.  She said to use it on a clean face.  Soak/saturate with toner (?lotion in Japanese skincare). Open sheet, position on face.  Wait 5-10 minutes (she said that it says this is "relaxing time."). 

And then there are normal warnings about keeping the product out of sunlight, keep water from it, stop if it irritates, keep out of reach of children. 

I hope this helped!  :smileyhappy:

P.S.  The sticker on the back of the second package indicate it's from 2009!

laynebr

Thank you so much both to you and your mom!! I actually used them today and yes it's meant to be soaked in lotion i did use shiseido and wow I got baby soft skin.

I noticed the sticker as well but since this is paper/cloth like with no substances in it i figured it'd be ok?

Again thanks!!! :smileyhappy:

mrsstory

Mom looked.  For the first one, she said it's good for dry areas of the face.  Wet it with ?toner (I know a lot of Japanese skincare calls it "lotion").  Stick them on the dry spots.  Wait 3 minutes.  Remove and skin should be "plump" or dewy. 

Now I'm going to have her look at the second one. 

kbmatthews

It might be the Japanese form of toner, which are "softeners". Shiseido makes a really nice one, it's in their IBUKI line!

laynebr

(0) Hearts

Yes this is excalty the toner I used! My skin is feeling wonderful now :smileyhappy:

malday

(0) Hearts

I was going to try inputting the characters into Google's translate app but your pictures are too small to see some of the kanji lol

Missie772

I would try to soak them in water.

laynebr

(0) Hearts

Im thinking they're supposed to be soaked in essence. They don't have anything in them to be activated by water but could be a possibility :smileyhappy:

mrsstory

(0) Hearts

My mom (Japanese) is coming over on Wednesday.  If you don't know by then, maybe she could help.  You'd need to get good images of the backs of the packages, so she could read the instructions. 

laynebr

(0) Hearts

Here's the pic from the back 

image.jpgimage.jpg

laynebr

(0) Hearts

Yes I will def take some once I get home! Thank you so much :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats