bananachoox3

April Favorites

I'm pretty sure sephoramusthave made a thread to this somewhere...I can't find it. Since I'm pretty sure most of us took advantage of Chic Week, we must have found some new products that we fell in love with. What are your favorites this month? 

Clarisonic Mia 2: I picked this up during Chic Week, when I had the 15% off and I also pick up replacement brushes as well. I can honestly say that this is the best purchase I've made during Chic Week. This completely change the way, I clean my skin and how much better my products are absorbing into my skin. Been using it morning and night for the past 2 weeks. 

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in number 15, Corail Intuitive: Such a nice coral pink for the spring/summer time. This is a pretty moisturizing lipstick, so don't expect this to stay put all day, you are going to need to reapply it. I don't mind reapplying it, it goes on smooth and it smells great? lol, maybe its just this one but mine smells super good. 

UD Deluxe Shadow Box: I had this one for a while and I decided to bust these colors out for the spring/summer. Whenever I feel like adding a pop of color, these are the ones I've been reaching for. 

andyhtrieu

Re: April Favorites

(0) Hearts

I've actually been loving Maybelline's dark circle concealer. It really similar to the NARS radiant creamy concealer. It's more similar than the Revlon age defy concealer, which most people compare the NARS to. the only thing I hate is the packaging. 

upload_7082259011586226521.png

crayzeeRN

I haven't let myself touch most of my hauls this month... I'm making myself use up a lot of makeup before I can bust those puppies out!

Couple new-ish things I'm loving- my Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation, Benefit Cream Shadow in No Pressure, and all of my Vitamin E products from the Body Shop!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Wow, that's some crazy self-control!  I barely wait until I'm out of the store!

DTalksAll

How do you restrain yourself? I feel like a kid again when I come home with my hauls & spend time opening & playing with everything. I have no self control... there's no way I can let a shiny new "toy" sit un-opened LOL 

kenny

dannyc I agree. I have zero self control, sometimes I don't even make it home and have to open things up while I'm still in the car!

DTalksAll

Oh I do that too, but I was a little embarrassed to admit it after reading the self control crayzeeRN has! 

kenny

lo me too, that kind of self-control is very impressive. I sound like an addict that I can't wait until I get home!

crayzeeRN

I'm not sure actually... I usually am terrible and open things almost immediately!! I've been finding that using things up lately has been almost as satisfying as opening something new up so I think that helps!

I get self-conscious often because none of my family/friends are really into makeup, and therefore the collection I have vs. everyone else's seems absolutely rediculous! Thankfully, I've found you guys with an equal addiction to makeup! (and collections bigger than mine!) :smileyvery-happy:

Graceann

OMG me and Kimmi have the same favorites!!!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Can't go wrong with lip balm!

kimmi1115

Although I did pick up a couple of things during Chic Week, I have been using other products a lot this month.

6dda5e6cb19d11e2957722000a1f9a39_7.jpg

-Bath and Body Works Signature Spray in Peach Sparkle: I bought this late last summer, and pulled it out for the warm weather.  I have about half a bottle of it left lol.  I also use B&BW sprays to spray furniture, clothes, etc. as a Febreeze treatment lol.

-VS Pink Fresh Vanillas Dream On 

-Maybelline Color Whisper Lip Balm in Coral Ambition and Pin Up Peach

Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Wink

EOS Lip Balm in Summer Fruit

Basically, I have been using lip balm a lot this month lol.

roxystar4

LOVE LOVE LOVE EOS Lip Balm!

rockhound0508

Givenchy La Rouge lipstick, I bought in Fuchsia and went back for more.  Love the texture, smell, color and staying power.  

I have many different brands low end to high end and cannot find anything that compares!

Alterna Bamboo Shampoo.  I used this years ago.  I used the sample and that reminded me how much better my hair can look.  I bough the smooth duo before the end of chick week.

starletta8

Like others, I discovered Bumble and Bumble- and Laura Mercier Caviar sticks!

krunce

I'm surprised to report that my favourite Chic Week find it Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder, which I've been using under my eyes to set my somewhat oily Lancome Effacernes concealer. I had some trouble with it at first, but I'm found a technique of application that keeps my undereye concealer flawless all day long,which I still find profoundly baffling!!

swfupload_193738579152754070.jpg

kenny

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused: Initially I was underwhelmed by the results. But after a few uses I am obsessed! It really helps give skin an amazing soft focus glow without making you too shiny, and even helps soften skin in harsh unflattering light. While it's not an absolute necessity in a makeup collection, it really adds to it.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse: I always fill in my eyebrows since I have a medium skin tone, brown eyes and hair and rather sparse eyebrows. This brow mousse is very easy to use, and easily gives enough definition. I don't think people who are used to a less dramatic look would like this, but for those who love a bold brow it works really well and lasts all day.

Stila Countless Color Pigments in Indie: Amazing pigmentation and bold color! All the colors combined in one product for a bright eye look, that lasts a really long time.

Too Faced La Creme in Teddy Berry and Marshmallow Bunny: Very creamy and great color payoff. Teddy Berry is a soft berry shade and Marshmallow Bunny is a light cool pink.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I love this thread! I don't remember what I raved about in last months favorites thread...but lately I've been wearing the benefit fake up concealer and flower beauty about face foundation every single day and I LOVE them both :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Do you still need to set your brows with gel after applying the mousse? I've been looking for a one step brow product for a while. I tried the lancome tinted brow gel & hated how crusty it made my brows. 

kenny

I don't usually use a brow gel, mostly I just need the pigment. I don't think it would be really great for keeping brows in place if they are really unruly. Have you tried MUFE's tinted waterproof brow wax? I have heard very good things about it.

MoreGun89

Hmm

Givenchy La Rouge, mostly in Fuschia: I love the vibrancy and staying power of these lipsticks!  If blotted properly from the get go, they still have incredible color and very low transference rate!

Dior Lip Glow Gloss:  While I haven't gotten to try the gloss yet, it's certainly on my list (anyone wanna get me a graduation gift? :smileywink: )  I LOVE the balm for this, but I definitely prefer the texture of the Dior glosses!

Hourglass Ambient Light Powder in Radiant:  I love how I can double this as a very light bronzer, especially now that we're beginning to have decent weather.

Caudalie Divine Oil:  The perfect summer scent and moisture!  Feels good, leaves me soft (and I've been using a little on the fiance's back at night, he's been dry to the point of itchy lately), and smells like amber, roses, and chocolate (I know all of the notes don't exist, but that's what they make me think of).  I absolutely adore this product!

Clinique Repairwear:  Fine lines begone!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 62 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • kimmi1115
    • drrragon