bananachoox3

April Favorites

I'm pretty sure sephoramusthave made a thread to this somewhere...I can't find it. Since I'm pretty sure most of us took advantage of Chic Week, we must have found some new products that we fell in love with. What are your favorites this month? 

Clarisonic Mia 2: I picked this up during Chic Week, when I had the 15% off and I also pick up replacement brushes as well. I can honestly say that this is the best purchase I've made during Chic Week. This completely change the way, I clean my skin and how much better my products are absorbing into my skin. Been using it morning and night for the past 2 weeks. 

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in number 15, Corail Intuitive: Such a nice coral pink for the spring/summer time. This is a pretty moisturizing lipstick, so don't expect this to stay put all day, you are going to need to reapply it. I don't mind reapplying it, it goes on smooth and it smells great? lol, maybe its just this one but mine smells super good. 

UD Deluxe Shadow Box: I had this one for a while and I decided to bust these colors out for the spring/summer. Whenever I feel like adding a pop of color, these are the ones I've been reaching for. 

DTalksAll

Re: April Favorites

All from Chic Week:

~ YSL glossy stain in 15 "rose vinyl" I already own #20 & have #7 & 12 on my shopping list. Can't wait for #31 to come out

~ Amore Pacific CC compact. I've been on a forever hunt for the perfect TM/BB/CC and finally found it. Gives me the right coverage I need, feels light, and gives a soft glow. 

~ MUFE AquaShadow in #20E "pearly taupe". A nice base for a lot of my neutral shadows

~ Shiseido Facial Cotton. A repurchase, but I love them more now after talking to a Shiseido rep. I always cut them in 1/2 to get more use out of them, but she told me to pull them apart. You still get 2 uses out of each square, but more surface area. Genius! I had a few samples of the Koh Gen Do cotton, and tried it on them too; I can get 3-4 uses out of one since the natural cotton separates easily. 

~ FAB Facial Radiance Pads from the pt perk. I want to order the full size, but am on the fence right now. I like to use a pad after working out (6x a week) to clean the sweat off. Thanks to BT, I was reminded of how awesome the Kate Summerville toner is, and might buy that again instead.  

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

-----

DTalksAll

No stickiness, but a "different" texture. I did notice a strong smell (which doesn't really bother me) & they seem a little intense for me to use 6x a week. I'm already toning at night after I wash my face with OH & use a treatment of some sort almost nightly. I was looking at the PTR gentle pads, but figured I'd try the FAB for free :smileywink: & was all set to buy them with my next purchase. Then we were all discussing toners & I think the KS is perfect for post workout sweat. I do most of my workouts at home, so the convenience of a pad isn't a big deal. I never had issues with the KS being too drying... I think it's a better fit for me. 

drrragon

I love these contemplative threads!

My absolute favorites for the month were a couple of awesome new brush sets!

First was the Real Techniques Limited Edition Duo Fiber brush set.  I had a couple of stippling brushes (sephora and sigma) that were ok but were quickly set aside when these came in.  The big difference to me is the rounded edges that make blending a lot easier for me.  Plus they just feel so nice on my skin, unlike the poky and stiff Sephora brush.  I love the big one for finishing powders and the contour for particularly pigmented blush.  The contour one is just the perfect size for better precision.  The eye brush is sorta meh though.

Screen shot 2013-04-30 at 9.17.56 AM.png

Second, I was lucky enough to grab the Smashbox Studio Pop eye brush set when they hit my Nordstrom Rack!  I remember seeing these over the holidays and really wanting them but feeling like I had too many eye brushes already.  Seeing them for 50% off retail I just couldn't resist!  And yeah I do have too many eye brushes, but what I just realized recently is that the standard brushes I've been getting from Sephora sets are just wrong for my eye size.  The Smashbox ones are perfect!  The handles are bright red plastic but the brush hairs are beautifully soft and just the right density.  (my set only had the 3 eye brushes)

swfupload_1711531183578540477.jpg

maltipoo66

I actually discovered a couple things during the month of April that I love:

-Benetint: I've always wanted to try this, but the full sized bottle is so big that I couldn't justify buying it since I already have some full sized blushes...but then it became part of the 500 point perk!  I love how natural it looks, and how buildable it is.  And the staying power is great!

-Smashbox laquer rouge RD607: this was an online code, and it's the first deep red that works for my pale skin, and doesn't make me look like a vampire.  Lasts forever too.

colorobsession

I actually found some new favorites from the April 100 pt. perks. I ended up getting the Bumble & Bumble Thickening Hairspray and the Stila Convertible Color (also got the Givenchy lipstick, but I'm holding off on trying it). 

I have super straight and fine hair, and I found that if I spritz a little of the BB Hairspray in before I blow dry it ends up giving it some really nice volume and texture without getting sticky or crunchy. I actually ended up using my 15% to get a full sized bottle.

The Stila Convertible is my new favorite blush. The color Peony gives you a nice neutral-pink flush. I also like the creamy texture, and that you can easily build color gradually to give yourself a natural look. I'm definitely considering investing in a full-sized version at some point.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 62 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • kimmi1115
    • drrragon