linda84

Anybody else charged at JCP for the Sephora tote?!

I went in this morning to use my VIB pass, and I received the tote, which is beautiful!! I love it, but unfortunately when I got home and checked my receipt, I noticed I was charged 70 cents for it! The sales associate said it was scanning, but then my receipt shows it as a Monthly Charity!? I live 30 minutes away, so I could not go back.

Anyone else come across this problem? They also did not have any gift boxes, which was another bummer.

chelssss

Re: Anybody else charged at JCP for the Sephora tote?!

(0) Hearts

My jcp didn't even have the totes 

Spoiler
Spoiler
😒

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

I would say most definitely save your receipt (put it in the bag or tack it on the fridge), call the store, explain what happened, and when you do go back take the receipt and tote back so they can refund you for it. 

I don't know how often you go to the store, but I would still keep it for that moment when you do. 

buzzbee3

[ Edited ]

You weren't charged for the bag. JCP does a monthly charity which you can round up to the nearest dollar if you wish to donate. They must have hit the yes button. Perhaps an honest mistake. I think this months charity donations goes towards feeding the hungry. I wouldn't be happy if they rounded up without my permission, but you weren't charged for the bag, instead the 70 cents was donated to a non-profit.

linda84

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yeah I know they do that, but it was not rounded up to the next dollar. There were 20 cents left to be rounded up, and my total items totaled to 3 and I purchased 2. The sales associate seemed to not know what she was doing though...

I hope it did go to charity, makes me feel better!

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

Hi linda84 -- I went to SiJCP too.

No charge, but then again, I have no record of the tote being scanned on my receipt.

Sorry the transaction soured your experience.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • linda84
    • chelssss
    • buzzbee3
    • BlushHoarder
    • IttyxBittyxMe