ChicDabbler

Any cool happenings in August? beauty or fashion-wise?

[ Edited ]

So not only is Marc Jacob make up line launching in August (bye bye, wallet), H&M is also making shopping online available in US (wait! come back, wallet! I need to squeeze some more money out of you!).

And Ariel collection is instore in August of course. Not that I haaaaave to buy anything, but since it's the last of the Disney collab, I maaaay have to go check out some of the items again.....in detail.....extensively......*cough*

Not sure if Sephora will be carrying them, but it seems Josie Maran's adding a couple items to her line, and Dr. Dennis Gross is launching a shampoo line?

swfupload_8404515452469584980.jpg

So, ladies, what beauty/fashion related things are you most excited for in August? any products/lines/collabs?

ChicDabbler

Re: Any cool happenings in August? beauty or fashion-wise?

Fashionistas, your time has come!

ImageProxy.jpgH&M! H&M! H&M!

(free shipping when you sign up, but only good for 15 days)

poshified

Sigma's 20% sale is now up with code SBAP20. Just a heads up  :smileyhappy:

DST57

Have you used these brushes before? I'm in the market for a few new ones but have never used this brand. Thoughts?

poshified

Their Sigmax line of brushes (including the foundation and Bunny kits) are worth the hype, especially since I prefer brushes over BeautyBlenders. Their regular line of normal hair brushes shed a lot -- avoid those :smileyhappy:

poshified

Sigma brush company, supposedly, will have a 20% code floating around sometime soon! Just a heads up :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

Does anyone like anything from the Marc Jacobs line? I got an email about it launching today, but nothing really caught my eye. Maybe if I wanted to splurge on some fancy looking lip balm lol.

poshified

[ Edited ]

I'll be waiting to see it in person to see if maybe there will be more palette options :smileyhappy:

dianabt

I tried the whole collection and ADORE the marc jacobs! The palettes had amazing pigment considering I applied the shades with a sponge tip disposable wand!  Very pigmented and "lacquer-like" lacquers and the gel liners are the most brightly colored and darkest black I've ever seen outside of a liquid. Can't wait to try them!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
DTalksAll

Ok so right now I'm looking at:

DDG retinol duo (I need backups for when I run out right?....)

YSL must have set 

Arcona triad pads set

DDG extra strength A/B pads 

Spicebomb set... fall is around the corner & even though it's a cologne I love it for the colder months

Perricone Cold Plasma set- WHAT A STEAL! 

drrragon

I'm sooooo tempted by that retinol duo!  I still have a PTR 0.4oz size to run through and just received a full-size from Skin Medica as a gift.....but this Nordstrom set is SUCH a good deal..... boohoo I dunno what to do!

That YSL set is really tempting!  I've been wanting to try the Glossy Stain and Touche Eclat for a while!  (Luckily) the Touche Eclat is a tad too light for me, so it doesn't feel as urgent.... :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Oh it took me 3 passes to notice the YSL set cuz everything look so good.......*stares at butter London set and Kate Somerville set*

drrragon

@beautytester LOL your new avi!!!!!

ChicDabbler

I've been wanting to do it for a while, finally found the hedgehog with glasses and decided to scratch the itch by making my avi. =P

Haha, you can join in too! Pick a cute animal (the current trend seems to be bespectacled) and just slab a quirky label on it. Teehee

rikkie

Doooo it! :smileyvery-happy:

drrragon

(0) Hearts

i'll try to think up a good slogan!  seriously those are so much fun! :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Nyahahaha! Come to the dark siiiiiiide (or b/w side). I see that dannyc has just joined us, the League.....of......Sephora pet?.......lolSephora?

Anyways, there's no shortage of cute pictures on the internet. =P

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I can't take credit for it Spyski made it for me... What a sweetheart! 

DTalksAll

I have a Touche Eclat (can't remember the shade number, but it's lighter then my skin... I use it as a highlighter) 

I have no need for the DDG duo right now. I stay away from retinol in the summer & still have 1/2 a bottle of the PTR, a sample of REN. I also have 1/2 a bottle of the DDG eye serum left because it's drying & I really don't need that much exfoliation on my eyes right now. But for that price... how can you not? 

And the perricone set is an amazing deal. I like blue plasma as a gentle summer serum, I'm tempted to buy the set just to have a backup & for all the extras. 

drrragon

*rushes to look at the Perricone set*

drrragon

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale exclusive beauty sets are out!  Wow there is a lot of good stuff this year and really good skincare deals.  And I didn't know Nordies started carrying The Balm!  Yay!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 70 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • annonymous1
    • dianabt
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler