ChicDabbler

Any cool happenings in August? beauty or fashion-wise?

[ Edited ]

So not only is Marc Jacob make up line launching in August (bye bye, wallet), H&M is also making shopping online available in US (wait! come back, wallet! I need to squeeze some more money out of you!).

And Ariel collection is instore in August of course. Not that I haaaaave to buy anything, but since it's the last of the Disney collab, I maaaay have to go check out some of the items again.....in detail.....extensively......*cough*

Not sure if Sephora will be carrying them, but it seems Josie Maran's adding a couple items to her line, and Dr. Dennis Gross is launching a shampoo line?

swfupload_8404515452469584980.jpg

So, ladies, what beauty/fashion related things are you most excited for in August? any products/lines/collabs?

DTalksAll

Re: Any cool happenings in August? beauty or fashion-wise?

STOP! ENABLERS! STOP! 

I have a tab open to Nordstrom, but I refuse to look at it. LOL! 

divagirl90

This!!! lol!

I want the NARS lip sets. MUST. NOT. BUY.

ChicDabbler

*STARES* 

I'm staring a hole in that webpage. The skincare sets are so goooood...........I feel like I've been doing a lot of staring lately. *sigh*

poshified

Why Sephora is phasing out TheBalm baffles me. Speaking of the Nordies sale, will you be picking anything up? :smileyhappy:

drrragon

[ Edited ]

oh lordy i'm trying really hard NOT to pick anything up!  :smileyvery-happy:  That NARS palette is still calling to me, and a couple of the skincare sets from Dr. Dennis Gross are almost too good to pass up.  I'm up to my eyebrows in skincare right now though and wouldn't want to purchase something now only to have it expired by the time I manage to get around to it!  And not part of the exclusive sets, but I sorta want The Balm Meet Matt(e) palette!  

Oh and a YSL set with a full size Touche Eclat and full size gloss with a few other things...WANT!

Aside from those they have a huge number of awesome GWP offers.  

How about you, are you taking notes for when August finally arrives? :smileyhappy:

poshified

Did you see the GWP for TheBalm on Nordstrom?! :smileyvery-happy: I was eyeing the NARS palette, but I looked up swatches and it pretty much looked like all the other NARS palettes ever put out -- so disappointing! That Dr. Dennis Gross set is a good set -- I won't hold it against you if you break No Buy July for it, haha!

I was looking at the Philosophy cleanser duo because that's my HG cleanser, and that's one amazing deal. I just had to remind myself I needed to finish my bottle first. The Bobbi Brown kit also looks quite promising. It looks like that Dior palette I had posted a picture of sold out on Nordstrom, so that saved me there :smileyhappy:

drrragon

@poshified- I think you could give yourself a pass on the cleanser, unless you already have a bunch of backups in your bathroom cabinet!  I feel like everyday use items like cleansers are just necessities and not really luxuries, so I wouldn't feel like it was violating a No Buy to stock up (within reason :smileyhappy: )

DTalksAll

* lalalalalala * 

I'm actually looking at their dresses right now (have a few more weddings coming up & I don't feel like recycling) IF I find a few I want to order, then maybe I'll look at the beauty stuff. 

CzaCee

OMG. I literally jumped outta my seat when I read about that h&m online shopping launching!!

OMG. It is indeed going to be a "bye bye money" month come this august!

dianabt

How exciting! I do like hm but seeing as how there are at least 4 here in SF I should not be visiting them more often online! lol

I'd love to try that whipped Argan hand cream, I've gone through a tub of the whipped body butter and love it! :smileyhappy:

I know a few of you asked and yes the Urban Decay Naked powders will be arriving in August (no set date yet!) as will Ariel in stores. 

This item is already out but have any of you tried the Peter Thomas Roth mega rich shampoo? Looks interesting!

swfupload_45453283982076306.jpg

Another thing arriving in August.. WARM WEATHER IN SF! Truly I sometimes feel that our summer does not begin until August and September. =/ 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
annonymous1

OMG THANK YOU FOR THE H&M INFO!!!!!!

i have been waiting forever for them to ship to the us

Spyski

MEEE TOO! To my surprise I did not know about this until I saw this thread! 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

You are welcome! Yeah, my closest H&M (40min away) never have any of the limited collections, so I'm left to stare longingly at the computer screen whenever I see the awesome collabs happening. T.T

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 70 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • annonymous1
    • dianabt
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler