tashalicious

Am I The Only One Who Prefers To Put On Makeup At The Bathroom Mirror?

I love vanities i think they are so cute, some of you have some great ones, but for me my bathroom mirror and sink is my makeup vanity, lol  anybody else?

Meg82

Re: Am I The Only One Who Prefers To Put On Makeup At The Bathroom Mirror?

I like the bathroom mirror because it has a little lip that I can anchor my elbow on and I have a tremor so that anchoring is very important.

madam31

i love putting my make up on in the bathroom mirror..esp with the bright lights. i put myself up on the counter lol ... best way to do it and to see everything I'm applying on my face :smileyhappy:

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

yes it only works if you have a counter top, if you have one of those pedestal  sinks you're better off buying a vanity.

iamaprettylady

I'm working on turning a corner of the master bedroom into a little vanity/office/meditation station, a "me-happy place" if you will. I have an Ikea Alex 6-drawer that I like because the drawers are shallow and I can pull them out and see everything, so I put my makeup in there, and next to it is a small desk with tall lights on either side and a mirror (actually not yet but soon). I'll post here when it's all set up. I like having a place to sit, and usually I'm running back and forth to select different makeup things.

sephoramusthave

I've kinda made the upstairs living room into a little makeup station. I have a 2 sided makeup mirror on the coffee table, my makeup organizer next to that, my brushes next to that, and I get to sit and do my face in front of the TV.

sowazupb

I do my makeup in my bedroom at my dresser that I turned into a vanity. It has the biggest mirror ever and a small magnified lighted mirror. Plus, I have a couple of very bright lights directly above the dresser. I prefer to stand while I do my makeup and this dresser is the perfect height for me. The bathrooms in my home have no windows so there is zero natural light. I find that when I do makeup in there that I am too heavy handed and when I go into natural light that my makeup doesn't look as a good as it did in the bathroom. 

janinebt

I'm the same way! There's just something so comforting about putting makeup on in the bathroom over my sink while listening to music that is so comforting. Plus I'm able to do other things while putting on my face (like brushing my teeth while my foundation dries) or applying body butter while my curls set.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
tashalicious

(0) Hearts

Yes it is very comforting because it "me" time, nobody's coming in and out bothering me like they do when i'm in my bedroom. lol

cspriverratz

Vanities are so beautiful, they just make me think of hollywood glamour. <3 However, I don't have any space in my house for one. :smileysad: So the bathroom is my vanity! Makeup separated into 3 make-up bags:face, eyes, and lips; and eyeshadow palettes/bronzer disks stacked up on my counter. Skincare in the medicine cabinet, lotions in a drawer, and nail polishes in a container under the sink. I keep the new polishes I buy on the counter until I use them for the first time, then under the sink they go! I also store my makeup brushes in two wineglasses, one for facial brushes and the other for eye brushes. For the products I use infrequently I keep them in a 3 drawer container in my bedroom closet. I store my perfume bottles on a shelf in my bathroom, they look so pretty, almost like a display! I always get compliments on my little make-up station when my friends come over. :smileyhappy:

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

very nice, i like the wine glass idea

garnett

(0) Hearts

I used to put my makeup on in the bathroom but then my EYES got older and so I have to use a magnifying mirror (can't wear my readers while putting on eye makeup! LOL)   I have a  small set up in my home office.  Not ideal but it works. 

Fabz

(0) Hearts

I would LOVE a vanity but the ones I have my eye on are super expensive. I don't have the option to use anything else but the bathroom sink! It gets the job done though :smileyhappy:

BeautyJunkie325

By bathroom is way too tiny and way too hot to put my makeup on in.  It gets way too hot in there so I put my makeup on in my bedroom.  I'm refinishing my vanity and can't wait to get it back in my room.  Plus I like listening to the news and catching a few glances as I get ready. 

annekevdb

The best lighting in my house is over my bathroom sink - which is where I do my make-up. That light makes me look 10 years  younger! I like having the sink and my towels there. And I wash my brushes every day, and being at the sink makes it easy.

My house is super small - I have no place to put a make-up vanity.

LCResz

I put on my makeup in the car while my hubby drives if it's a big night out, otherwise I slap on my concealer and lip gloss in the car once I'm parked at work, lol.

iamaprettylady

(0) Hearts

Me too! The lighting's great in the car and the mirror is right there in front of you! I sometimes do it at stoplights while I'm driving into work :/

kimchikween

I have a little basket I use to "shop" for the makeup I'm going to wear that day and bring it out into my bedroom.  I use a lighted mirror with a magnified side on top of a "tv dinner" table.  Since I'm usually putting on makeup in the morning, I like to have the news in the background while I put it on.

Bathroom has horrible lighting and I like to be sitting down while putting on my makeup.  With the cabinets, it's not conducive for that.

bananachoox3

I used to do my makeup in the bathroom! I now have accumulated way too much makeup to bring back and forth to the bathroom. I have my station right in front of my window in my bedroom where I do my makeup. I have my makeup storage right next to me so whenever I wanna spice things up or use a different product its right next to me on the left.

ChicDabbler

Yes I prefer to put on makeup in front of the bathroom mirror, too. It has white light instead of the dim yellow ones I have in other rooms. Usually for eye makeup is ok, but for subtle things like blush/contouring I need to see clearly.

BiggeSmalls

Oh haha, no I didnt mean it wouldnt let me post :smileytongue: it did let me do that but it wouldnt let me reply to your responses which sucks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 57 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • cure
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • malday