tashalicious

Am I The Only One Who Prefers To Put On Makeup At The Bathroom Mirror?

I love vanities i think they are so cute, some of you have some great ones, but for me my bathroom mirror and sink is my makeup vanity, lol  anybody else?

tashalicious

Re: Am I The Only One Who Prefers To Put On Makeup At The Bathroom Mirror?

(0) Hearts

i agree, i carry my makeup in the bathroom when i want to use it and carry it out when i'm done.

midnightangel

The bathroom is where I usually put my face on too. The lighting in there is way more even than anywhere else in the house. Plus I have access to water, handsoap and electrical outlets for my hair dryer if I need it to dry liquid eyeliner, glitter gel, lip stain, mascara, etc.

mommyto4

I prefer the bathroom too.  AND I keep my makeup in the bathroom closet too (except eyeshadow).  Breaking all the rules :smileyhappy: 

tashalicious

@mommyto4  you rebel!!!!

sephoralovex

[ Edited ]

I guess it just depends on what your bathroom looks like and how much room you have. I personally do not like doing my makeup in the bathroom as I prefer natural lighting which my bathroom doesnt have much of that. Even though it's spacious I prefer doing my makeup in my 'beauty/studio room'. Everything is set up in there and ready for me everyday. Also like @dannyc mentioned never store makeup in the bathroom. Not good for your makeup one bit.

BiggeSmalls

Tashalicious, for some reason it wont let me reply (ugh) but yes! Thats another reason, the water & soap is right there when I need it & I tend to not like my cat liner so I end up redoing it many times so q-tips come in handy as well :smileywink:

tashalicious

unless there is someone else with the same user name i did see your first response :smileywink:

dannyc

My bathroom doesn't have a window & the lighting sucks in there. While I wait for my Vanity to arrive... I actually sit on my bedroom floor with a mirror. I always hated applying my makeup in the bathroom. The mirror's too far away, don't have quick access to everything (you should NEVER keep makeup in the bathroom, too much moisture & humidity can ruin makeup quickly), poor lighting, I'm lazy & don't like to stand while putting it on.... 

makeupmaven

My closet doors serve as full-length mirrors (which is nice in itself), so I always do my makeup in my bedroom. Much easier to have all my stuff in there.

The exception is when my husband is sleeping in the morning, since I can't turn the light on in the bedroom I'll use the bathroom mirror then.

LKuhle

Nope, that's what I use too! I always need to check myself in natural light after though because my bathroom has ZERO outside light coming in.

glossyguru

I hate the lighting in my bathroom, but I do love the bigger mirror and access to the sink whenever I make a mistake. But I also like to do my makeup sitting down. It just works out better when I do my makeup at my desk.

BiggeSmalls

Nope, I love applying my makeup in my bathroom. It's full of nautral sunlight, counter space is there. Im so use to it that I literally cant & wont apply my makeup else where.

But maybe thats just me :smileytongue:

tashalicious

that's my reason also, it has the best light and i have soap and water available for a quick clean up.

malday

I don't like the bathroom mirror, my sink has no counter space so I just do my makeup in my bedroom. I put a mirror on my tv stand and I basically sit and do my makeup there haha. It's next to my dresser, so I can easily reach all my makeup which I put in the bottom drawer (I need a lot of space for it all). I think I need a proper makeup space...

cure

The bathroom mirror and sink is my vanity as well, although I would love a little table with a big mirror so I could just sit there and do makeup, but the bathroom works well, and plus when you're done, you don't have to go somewhere else to clean your brushes! :smileyhappy:

dolceloure

Even though I keep my makeup in my bedroom and have a mirror in there too, the lighting in my bathroom is much better so I put mine on in there too!

PoesRevy

I love vanities for the same reason as you...however, I'll admit that I do as well. It works for me, so I do it!

orkira

[ Edited ]

My bathroom mirror and sink is my makeup vanity too but I have to share mine with Hubby so all I can leave on the sink is my cup with makeup brushes, all my makeup is in train case I lug in & out of there everyday...lol.

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

@ orkira would you prefer a vanity in your bedroom?

orkira

Nope I have absolutely no interest in having a vanity.  I am used to doing my makeup in the bathroom & have been doing it that way for many years..lol.  Plus the lighting in my bathroom is awesome unless it is dark outside I don't even have to turn the light on to do my makeup because of the huge amount of light that comes in through the window.  :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

I will probably purchase a vanity at some point in the future after I buy a house (getting close!) But currently I also use my bathroom. Problem is, I have too much makeup and it takes up a LOT of space in my bathroom. I'd also prefer not to have the steam from the shower interacting with my makeup.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 57 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • cure
    • dannyc
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • malday