IttyxBittyxMe

All my cosplaying beauties, I need help!

So seeing how quite a few ladies up here cosplay, or will at least have a basic idea of what I'm talking about, I need a bit of help.

My boyfriend and I will be attending Otakon this year and we would like to do a couples cosplay this time around as last year we did our own things.

Fotor012022574.png

We've got a couple of things in mind, but need help making a decision as the list of things we like keeps getting longer. So the choices so far are: MLP: Spike and Rarity (top), Don't Hug Me I'm Scared: Notepad and Clock (left), and Adventure Time: Marshall Lee and Bubblegum (right).

Fotor0120230950.png

I did Rarity last year so I'm already a little partial to that...

25sr91f.jpg

Anyways, looking at our pictures, what do you think we'd be best suited for? Or is there anything else you guys can recommend? 

Nicrohr

Re: All my cosplaying beauties, I need help!

(0) Hearts

I have no help with cosplay but you are both adorable and make a great couple!

Post pics of what you do wear!? :smileyvery-happy:

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

I really love Adventure Time.

I would sooo love to see pics of that if you did! :-)

comfyrock

Didn't realize that it was over multiple days.  Then, heck, do all three!  Or switch it up and he can be Rarity and you can be Spike. :smileyvery-happy:

IttyxBittyxMe

So we decided...

Thursday: ?

Friday: Individual Cosplays [Rarity for me / ? For him]

Satruday: Don't Hug Me I'm Scared [I've already bought black lipstick...]

Sunday: ?

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

Would love to see pics!  Which black lippie did you get?  Have tried some sheers/low pigment ones and some that start out good but crease/fade quickly.  

I mostly wear makeup for work now; they would freak if I strolled in with black lipstick...hmmm, I may have to do it. :smileyvery-happy:

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

Wet n Wild Pagan Angel. I can take a picture in it if you'd like it.

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

That'd be awesome.  Wet 'n' Wild, huh?  Will have to check out my local drugstore.

IttyxBittyxMe

So I did swatch it and it's my first time wearing it. I had to apply it a few times before getting a coverage that was ok, and even then I wasn't all that impressed (to be honest). Looks like I'll be trying out Styletto from Lime Crime. Though they are coming out with a matte velvet lip color in March that looks black, so may give that a shot as well to. 

First try:

Pagan Angel 2.jpg

After a few tries:

Pagan Angel 1.jpg

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

Sorry for the late response!  I totally forgot to check.  Yep, it's probably going to need a lot of touching up throughout the day but the second pic does look great on you.

I'd suggest checking with Ladymeag for suggestions on a good black.  I think she likes the one from Portland Black Lipstick Company but I'm not 100% sure.  Will try to find the link to her blog...

Thanks so much for posting these! :heart:

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

One piece, bleach, naruto, I love them all \(^o^)/

sugarluvv

Sword art online <3. 

image.jpgimage.jpg

JustACostume

(0) Hearts

You have adventure time up there but why not do Flame Prince and Fionna? I rarely see those cosplayers so that would be pretty awesome. 

Also how is otakon? I was planning on going but I don't really understand the whole membership/registration thing they have.

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

That could actually be pretty cute...But we're both really fond of the Bubbline [Bubblegum x Marceline] paring a bit more. But him walking around as Flame Prince would give him an excuse to walk around with his shirt off, which he'd love. 

I love love love Otakon, it was my first convention ever and while it was huge I don't regret it. The registration process isn't to bad. You preregister online [always, always, always preregisters, I didn't my first year and regretted it], and can go pick your badge to get in on Thursday night if you're in the city or Friday, or whenever you get there. 

JustACostume

(0) Hearts

Hah I understand a friend and I are doing Marshall Lee and Prince Gumball for the same reason.If he likes being shirtless maybe Mikoshiba and gou from free! I cosplay nagisa and the costume is really comfortable and since he is actually a guy he wouldn't even need the jacket.upload_3780377425491721382.jpg

It just seemed so different from NYCC and zenkaikon registration with the whole Otakorp thing it seemed much more difficult. Preregistration is a god send.

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

He's going to complain that he doesn't have a swimmers body for it as he's a mixed martial artist [and he's that person that likes to cosplay to his body type]. The day I get him to do a Free! cosplay will probably be the same day that I get him to do TM from Sailor Moon.

And I want to go to NYCC sooo badly, and eventually SDCC. But anyway...yeah, it's not as confusing as it seems online. Just make sure to be in the right line. 

JustACostume

(0) Hearts

Hey if a teenage girl can do it a guy can XD 

NYCC is tons of fun but it honestly is not the best convention I have been to. I really loved Ohayocon because you could meet the guests and they would talk to you like friends. I met Greg Ayres and many other voice actors and could have actual conversations with them.Plus smaller conventions like Saikou con which is only in its second year are amazing to just meet people and not guests.

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

upload_2929356015176110516.jpg

If he likes taking his shirt off, the Prince of Persia and Princess Farah might be good.

upload_1947805807432477489.jpg

LindenAnn

I also vote Notepad and Clock. Looking at bone structure and facial features, I really think you guys could pull that one off well. (and boo! for no Sailor Moon, that would have been awesome)

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

That's the one I'm loving the most so far. That and Rarity and Spike so my little sister can be Sweetie Bell that Saturday if my parents bring her up.

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

yay!!!  she's gonna be sweetie bell!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 57 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • gingerblack
    • JustACostume
    • HelloCoffee
    • sugarluvv