prettyinpa

All Holiday Shopped Out!

Hey, how are you all doing in your holiday shopping?  I'm finally done, and my feet are really tired!  I got the last of the presents I needed for family today, and only had one extra Sephora order (for me, I did have to use up the $20 VIB gift card, after all lol). Finished the Christmas cards today and am starting on the outdoor decorating. Tree is up, ready to sing carols.

What holiday traditions do you have and how are you coming along?

glamournut

Re: All Holiday Shopped Out!

(0) Hearts

I finally finished shopping yesterday and only have two more presents to wrap tonight - then I am all done and ready for Christmas day and a week off work! yay!!

Happy Holidays everyone!!

cutiecocolove

not even done *groan*

shyvicki

I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday. Nornally I like to be done earlier than that but I had to have my car worked on a couple weeks ago.

Tomorrow my mom's side of the family will have the annual Christmas Eve get together. After that some of us will be going to the church's candlelight service. Christmas morning, going to my parents' house.

kimmi1115

I officially finished my shopping today by getting my last three cards at Hallmark.  I was going to get one card for both my mom and dad, but their "parents" category was slim this year, so they'll each get their own card.  The other card is for my future in-laws. 

kimmi1115

Has anyone ever been Christmas pranked or played a Holiday prank on someone else?  My family is quite mischievous with pranks, and I've been pranked a few good times.

When I was little, my dad said he bought me a Christmas tree to put in my room at Christmas.  The idea of a 5 feet tall tree in my room for the next Holiday season sounded awesome!  Christmas morning came, and I unwrapped the big box under the tree.  It was a tree..... a real one cut down from the field.  I didn't really think much of it at that time until mom drug out a box about the same size from their room, and it was the real gift.  A telescope that I actually still have today.  I can't remember what happened to the real tree lol.

When my mamaw was alive, she played a prank on me and two of my cousins.  She said the gift was going to be "rich" this year.  Of course, my cousins and I thought that meant money.  She must have meant rich with laughter because I got a stick, Amanda got bailer twine, and Andrew got a rock from the driveway lol!  Everyone got a laugh out of that before mamaw brought out the other gifts.  I should have kept that stick though since Andrew was being kind of mean later on lol.

For mine and Lanndan's first Christmas together, dad wanted to present Lanndan's gift in a unique way.  They were going to give Lanndan $50, but dad told mom to get it in one dollar bills.  Dad then proceeded to wrap one bill onto of another in a way that it looked like a box.  Dad then wrapped it up, and it looked exactly like a small jewelry box.  Christmas day, dad warned Lanndan to be careful unwrapping it.  Lanndan unwrapped it, but dad said he had to guess how much was there before he could attempt to unwrap the bills. Lanndan actually guessed right lol.

prettyinpa

Gee, that's so fun!  I thought pranks were only on April 1st, your family sure knows how to have fun!  I think I would have cried if I got a stick for Christmas!  I got coal once because I had been really bratty on Christmas eve, but I apologized and actually did get presents on Christmas AM. Made a definite note to self that if I was going to be bratty, to save it for after the holidays and after my birthday in January if I really wanted to play it safe!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

So funny! I think you and I were the same type of kid. It was really bad until I got it figured out on when to be bratty or not, but after that all went smooth.:smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

I'm surprised my family hasn't given coal to people as a joke lol.  After your birthday, though, you can always think of jokes for April Fool's Day!

maggie40

I am nearly done...a few gc's to buy and finish up for my husband...will bake with kids during winter break...

dianabt

I had no clue the holiday was sneaking up on us all so fast! I haven't had much time lately but my last 2 days off and the slowing down of things at work has been a great moment of down time. I got my cards written, packed up my sisters order to send her tomorrow, wrapped gifts for my friends up and picked up the last few things I needed.

I bought my mom a new fancy vaccuum that I'm hoping she will love, I just have to go to my bf's house to wrap it. And then think of a gift for my bf while I'm at it!

Christmas Eve is when my family gets together to celebrate and stay up until midnight, we don't do much Christmas Day so I'll be spending it with my boyfriend and his family. Very nerve-and-anxiety ridden considering I haven't met all of his family yet and we haven't been dating too long! :smileyhappy: I'm going to bring a bottle of fancy champagne and maybe dessert to their house for dinner since they're so kind to ask for him to bring me along. But that still doesn't help me find my bf a gift!

I try to personalize gifts as much as I can, but am working on budget right now! :smileyhappy: I like creative gifts where I can show that I pay attention to what my friends like!  

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
janinebt

Ah, I cannot believe Christmas will be here next week!

I've already done most of my shopping. All that remains is finding some things for the boys in my life :smileyhappy:. My dog Remy, my dad, and my boyfriend.

I'm thinking about just getting Remy a little sweater (since he gets cold easily) and some treats. My boyfriend and I are buying one another a couch for Christmas...but I'm still gonna get him some PJs and slippers. For my dad I'm thinking about just getting him some healthy snacks and a nice bottle of wine; he's a pack rat so I try to get him things that can be used and tossed.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
beautylovingirl

Yes all shopped out is the pefect stament for me too. I am finally done and man I'm glad , tree is put up and yard lights and wreath is hung on the door. We don't really have any holiday traditions just the norm. I do love Christmas but boy I'm tired!=D

marshiemallow

100% online shopping for me this year! It's not too late to order gifts online for delivery in time! :smileyhappy:

Ps.  Personal favorite are the little stocking stuffers like s1452077-main-hero.jpg

berniebeauty

I am almost done! I got a high quality eraser and some pastel blender sticks from Michaels for my brother, a cranberry mustard sauce for my grandpa who loves to try new things, a lush goodie for my mom, and a town decoration for my grandma. You know the ones with the little people and the village? Yeah one of those haha. I'm doing two secret santas this year, for one girl I got a camera necklace from Forever21 because she likes photography

and for the other I got those really cute shea infused fuzzy socks from bath and body works, along with two seasonal hand sanitizers.

I only have one person left to shop for- my boyfriend! I know what I want, it's just out of stock on thinkgeek. Argh! I'll figure something out though. 

As for traditions, my family got our tree on Sunday, but we have yet to decorate it. Our biggest tradition, that happens every year without fail, is that my parents get me and my brother pajamas, and we open them after Christmas eve mass, so we can wear them to bed. Its such a cozy tradition haha. 

lylysa

[ Edited ]

I've still got a few folks to shop for, a couple of gifts that are delivered and in need of wrapping, and some that I'm decking out and customizing. I don't have a tree or anything festive set up in my apartment, but I did help decorate the front desk at work. My last order from Sephora is coming in, and might I add that Sephora has been the BEST site I've ordered from! So great on notifications, status updates, and quick on shipping! I wish all the other sites I ordered stuff on were so great!

My holiday list got a bit bigger this year as I'm getting gifts for my boyfriend's family too. I think I hit around 50-60 people a year! Haha! Lots of aunts and uncles, plus tons of cousins and friends!

This year I'll be with my boyfriend in his hometown, so I won't be spending Christmas with my family.

Usually (when I am with my fam on holidays), we have a pre-Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve at one of my cousins' house. We exchange gifts and lucky money in red envalopes, take a bunch of photos, and feast!

Then on the day of there's early morning diem sum (which is like a brunch/buffet but made even cooler because all the food comes out in steam carts so you sit still while you get to gaze over what you want and get the food delivered to you), then it's off to dinner #1 with my mom's side of the family, normally at an aunt's house or cousin's house, then back to China town or to a Japanese restaurant where my aunt works for dinner #2 with the family on my dad's side. My mom is one of six and so is my dad so it's crazy how big the family is!

Apocalyptica

I was so happy when I finished! I'm just waiting for one more thing to come in the mail to wrap. As far as traditions listening to Christmas music while wrapping gifts and making cookies/baking treats, although I'm not making as many different kinds as I usually do this year. Usually my family and I pick out and open one gift on Christmas Eve and last but not least, making cinnamon buns for breakfast on Christmas morning! It's going to be a very different Christmas this year for me though since this will be the first year I havn't lived at home and won't be spending it directly with my family. I think we are going to Skype while opening gifts though, which may be a fun new tradition! :smileyhappy:

lowrah

Just need to get something for my mother and my boyfriend's father and then we'll be done.

No real traditions, but we usually ski on Christmas. Hopefully there'll be enough snow this year.

sephoramusthave

Here are some of my family's holiday traditions:

1. My mom is Catholic and my dad is Orthodox so we celebrate 2 Christmases and 2 Easters every year.

2. We buy a *whole pig* and eat that instead of things like Turkey. After Thanksgiving, we are all Turkey-d out.

3. We get a real Christmas tree every year. Must be at least 7 ft and *chubby* with thick needles. And we keep it up until after New Years.

4. We open presents on Christmas Eve, not Christmas morning.

5. I always get one of those German Christmas chocolates Candy cone bags. I'm 24 and still love getting these every Christmas.

glamournut

(0) Hearts

oh my gosh! Love the chocolate cone bag! Those are so cool! I saw them for the first time this year and bought one for everyone.

sephoramusthave

The house is decorated inside and out (we go ALL out for Xmas when it comes to decorating). We have the real tree up and several artificial ones around as well. The stairs are done, the fireplace is done. I have most of the Christmas cards ready to go, just have to go out and buy stamps so that I can mail them out. I havent had time for Christmas shopping yet but I have a list of gifts/stores to go to to get the items that I need for everyone. I cant wait to hit the mall and some Tanger outlets!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 101 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • glamournut
    • maggie40
    • lowrah