prettyinpa

All Holiday Shopped Out!

Hey, how are you all doing in your holiday shopping?  I'm finally done, and my feet are really tired!  I got the last of the presents I needed for family today, and only had one extra Sephora order (for me, I did have to use up the $20 VIB gift card, after all lol). Finished the Christmas cards today and am starting on the outdoor decorating. Tree is up, ready to sing carols.

What holiday traditions do you have and how are you coming along?

ChicDabbler

Re: All Holiday Shopped Out!

Well, I don't have much money being a poor student and no one really expect presents. I brought THE best cookie on earth during black friday because they are usually $2/each but were $.9/each counting the shipping on Black Friday if you get the order with 72 cookies, so I got it and passed them out to all my friends and professors who've helped me so far. I still need to mail the christmas cards out. I buy anti-aging stuff for my mom, so a little giftbox of moisturizers set. I have no idea what to get for my dad who don't really care for anything, so I'm just gonna put together a video of his funniest moments as present.

Right now I'm p.o.o.p.e.d and sleep deprived cuz I've been pushing everything off until after the finals, and now final's over I've got A TON of things to finish before this Fri.

kimmi1115

I will finish my Christmas shopping this weekend.  I started pretty early with my shopping since I have to budget things out.  The life of a college student lol.  While in Gatlinburg, I'm going to see if Ole Smokey Moonshine has a giftset of their grape jelly (yes, it has a bit of moonshine in it).  My mom loves their grape jelly, so I know that will be something she would enjoy.  

I did most of my shopping online, and I bought a few things at the mall and Walmart.  I still need to get special Christmas cards from Hallmark for Lanndan, my parents, and his parents.  I need to mail a few cards, too.  

Did anyone else shop for their pets?  Please say I'm not the only one on here that did lol.  The critters get presents around here,too, and they each have a stocking.  This year, I got Doobie a new collar (yay for etsy), new tag, and a new catnip fish.  Collars and tags for boy kitties are hard to find around here, and Petsmart finally got an orange fish one in.  

makeupobesessed

Unfortunately I am running behind on everything. My tree is up, but that's all.....please come help me shop and or decorate???
prettyinpa

@kimmi-  I always get the dog a present, he opens the package with such obvious glee and loves a new chew toy. A couple of years ago I got him a huge one and he took it outside and buried it. It was gone for more than a year, when he dug it back up it looked so gross that I had to throw it away. Now he only gets ones that he can consume in one sitting without making himself sick.

Nice you could find a "manly" cat collar lol! My guy dog has a purple collar, but that was the only one the store had that was big enough to fit him.

kimmi1115

Your reply just now came up for me lol.  Brutus, the boxer mix, gets a giant bone each year, but my dad saws it into a few pieces for him at a time.  However, each piece doesn't last too long for Brutus lol.

It seems like stores need to take more consideration for large male dogs and male cats.  After all, they're spoiled, too! lol.

prettyinpa

Yeah, my dude is spoiled!  I got him a new bed today, his old one wasn't really washable, so now his bed can be as clean as he is! Hard to find one big enough that doesn't cost more than my bed! :smileyhappy:

dianabt

I agree.. I always have a gift for the pets! My rabbit and dog both had stockings when I was a kid. :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
babybear04

This week I've had finals, so when I'm needing a super break or have an hour or two to kill when I'm not studying, that's when I've been popping out for quick trips! I've gotten presents for four out of the six so far, so only two more to go!

Happy shopping and happy holidays!

shyvicki

I've bought at least one thing for everyone on my list. I'm wanting to add gift cards to some people's gifts. Not sure if I'll be able to afford to do that. I recently had to get my car worked on and my grocery list seems to keep growing. Hopefully between a quarterly bonus and a Christmas bonus on my next paycheck I'll get the groceries and gift cards. Maybe even an overdue haircut as well.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 101 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • glamournut
    • maggie40
    • lowrah