6 Things You're Good At

janinebt

6 Things You're Good At

[ Edited ]

Part of my night time ritual is reading various lifestyle blogs before bed. A recent ‘tag’ within the blogging community has been ‘6 things that you’re good at’ which I thought was a most appropriate pick-me-up; especially for discouraging/frustrating days. Below is my list, what are YOU great at? It doesn’t have to be makeup or beauty related either.

1. I’m great at MacGyver-ing and being crafty. This weekend I transformed some old candles into containers for cotton swabs and eyeliners. I’m planning on adding a decorative ceramic figurine to the top of the jars for a more charming touch. My next project is to find some cute nightstands to completely revamp. I want to paint (I was thinking a bright seafoam) and add some cute shabby chic knobs to them.

2. I’m great at finding things online! Rather it’s finding an apartment or researching a particular piece from one of my favorite designers I can usually do a fantastic job of narrowing down what I need.

3. I’m great at planning things. From trips to parties, I really enjoy the entire process of getting things together for a special event.

4. I’m great at recognizing dog and horse breeds! When I was younger I was fairly certain that I wanted to be professional dog and Arabian horse breeder. Every chance I got when I was younger I would research and learn all about dogs and horses. It’s kind of funny, but show me a dog or a horse and I can usually tell you what breed it is; this is especially handy for when my friends want to know what their mutt might be.

5. I’m great at maintaining a healthy lifestyle! Over the last two years I’ve really been making an effort to eat and live healthy. I aim to work out 5 times a week, no longer use ‘toxic’ household cleaners, and avoid processed foods. In doing this I’ve been able to dramatically improve my overall way of living. I aimed to avoid toxic chemicals not just for my health (a lot of products can trigger my asthma), but for the health of my pets too.

6. I’m great at being a good friend. I really value the people I love in my life. I always make myself available for advice, hangouts, etc. I will give the shirt off a friend’s back if they need it.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
annonymous1

Re: 6 Things You're Good At

1.) i'm very good at couponing! and being savy, i've learned how to get the best deals and no matter what i buy i usually have at least something to discount it.

2.) i'm good at planning and scheduling as well, most of the events in my life (even going to the mall) are usually planned a couple days in advance.

3.) i'm good at keeping up with my skincare routine every single night and morning, never skipping a step.

4.) i'm good at learning new things, especially hair and makeup wise, i can look at or read something one time and i'll instantly understand and be able to start practicing that new technique.

5.) i'm a good reader, i read very fast and understand everything i read, i also love to read which might help :smileytongue:

6.) i'm really good at convincing people of things, i don't know the word for this off the top of my head but a teacher once told me i could sell ice to an Eskimo lol :smileyhappy:

i really like this thread lol, also kudos to you janine! i wish i could maintain my health that way 

beautylovingirl

Re: 6 Things You're Good At

1. I'm great at organizing and managing very very picky and things have to be right,

2. I'm great at being a good friend also I will help anyone, be there for them and see them through the worst times.

3.I'm great at not letting ignorance in people over come me even though it's every where.

4.I'm great at taking care of myself ,not always eating right but making sure my body and skin gets what it needs to be the very best.

5.I'm great at being a mother, wife, and boss. It's a lot to do but you just have to jump in and go with all you have.

6.I'm great at believing and knowing giving everything to God to know his choice is always first.

This was a great post Janine!:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 289 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave