annonymous1

5 Fav. Products (Sept. Edition)

i know the month isent over yet, but almost :smileytongue:

what are 5 items that you've either bought this month or rediscovered this month that your enjoying? & why?

1.) Benefit- Gimme Brow: i think eyebrows are so important, ive been doing the brow powder with the pencil and the wax and idk its so complicated, so i tried this out and i love it! it adds to much to my brows and makes them look so full and tamed its a really amazing product.

2.) Clairsonic Mia 2 (the fresh edition) - Well you guys pretty much enabled me into this one, i tried it, i love it so much, my skin has never been so clean and my pores even feel smaller 

3.) Givinchy Noir 4 in 1 Mascara - i love this mascara, really good for voluminizing

4.) Lady Gaga FAME - i bought this set because it was on sale for $45 with a rollerball, which is a great deal...it smells fruity and i really like this perfume. 

5.) Deborah Lippman Nailpolish Creme - i tried the grey color chasing pavements and its such a pretty fall/winter color i loved it on my nails

gongju87

Re: 5 Fav. Products (Sept. Edition)

@poshified...how do you use the Mally? Is it a primer? finishing powder?

Does if change the color of your foundation?

I'm always looking for the next best oil control product!

poshified

(0) Hearts

I actually haven't used the Mally Poreless Face Defender for a primer nor finishing powder, though I would imagine it would be a good finishing powder. I've only used it to blot/absorb oil throughout the day. It doesn't change the color of my foundation one bit, although it will take away ALL shine and shimmer from my blush and highlighter, so I tend to do a bit of touching up afterwards :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

Ok so I couldn't choose just 5, I'm better at doing a plain old monthly favorites LOL! So I broke it down to top 5 makeup & top 5 skin :smileytongue:

IMG_2710.jpg

bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 2.0 in The Scenic Route (golden snowflake/ brilliant sage) - I've owned this duo for a while & just recently rediscovered it. I've been wearing Brilliant Sage quite often lately

Tarte Aqualillies Palette - I can't get enough of this palette. I love having a full contour kit in one compact palette 

Murad Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer Acne & Shine Control in Light - It's tinted, so I use it daily even if I don't wear foundation. That way if I walk the dog, get the mail... & bump into a neighbor I don't look like a complete mess :smileytongue: 

Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Riviver Balm SPF 10 - I like the color it gives my lips

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Taupe - Quick & easy way to fill my brows & make them defined without being too bold. 

IMG_2715.JPG

PTR  Oilless Oil- I pat 1 drop on my dry areas before makeup application, or mix 1 drop into my moisturizer for added moisture. Anything more than 1 drop leaves me feeling sticky

SkinCeuticals Retexturizing Activator serum - Similar to the Perricone Blue Plasma, but more effective. 

Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20 - from free promo code. Surprisingly moisturizing for an SPF product. Doesn't leave a reside or pill under makeup

PTR Aloe Tonic Mist - Love it as a facial mist & as a toner. The fact that it's fragrance, alcohol & oil free makes me love it even more

Caudalíe Vinoperfect Radiance Serum - I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love it more than OH Truth Serum! It was worth trading in 500 pts for the Caudalíe perk just to try this serum out. 

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

Ooooooh! I just got a sample of that PTR oilless oil and I can't wait to try it out! 

I definitely tely agree with the Caudalie serum! It's my absolute favorite and I've repurchased it 3x now! Also, a bit random but I spy the Super by Dr Perricone in the bg and I must lament about how I'm nearly finished with my last backup bottle :smileysad: 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Do not do what I did with the PTR & apply 1/2 a dropper to your face as if it were a serum. I don't even put anything in the dropper, I just take it out of the bottle and let whatever is hanging onto it fall into my hand. 

The Super was the apple toner, loved it except all the alcohol in it :smileysad: now it has some makeup remover in it :smileytongue: 

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

@Dannyc, Do you have Dry skin, Can you compare this to other oils? I have very dry skin and i use Argan Oil right now, i mix it with my moisturizer or foundation, but i'm looking for something new to put directly on my face to help increase moisture, Would you say this would help me?

DTalksAll

I'm on the dry side of combo. My skin tends to be dryer, never oily, but in the winter when I use retinol I usually get dry patches. 

I had a dry patch between my brows last week & I pat the PTR into it 2x a day & I didn't notice my foundation settling there the next day (cream to powder, so it always settles in dry areas)

I had a reaction to argan oil, so I can't compare. And although I need heavier moisturizers in the winter, I try to use mostly oil-free, or low oil products since I think they contribute more to milia. Since using the PTR I haven't noticed more milia. 

I also mix it with my moisturizer, but if I'm putting it directly on my face, then I pat it on... sinks in better that way I think. 

So you need the PTR & the Claudine & you'll be set :smileywink:

enable, enable, enable 

arielaaaaaaaa

Well you sure have done your job Enabling! :smileyvery-happy:

I will use the Caudalie serum in the Morning for sure to try it out!

And i will have to stop by Sephora and see if they have the PTR so i can snag a sample! I notice alot more Milia as well if i use the Argan Oil directly on my face. But a drop or two mixed with things ups the hydration without causing more milia! But i do need more hydration i too have started using a product with retinol and am feeling my skin drying more. And the PTR is only $38, Not bad! :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Oh I can't wait to hear how you like it! 

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Oh Man! I MUST try the Caudalie Serum ASAP! I have a little sample of it! I'm obsessed with the OH Truth Serum! Just the thought of it being better is exciting! :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll

I like how moisturizing it is & if I use a little too much, it's not sticky. 

Over the years I've learned 1/2 a pump of Truth Serum is the perfect amount for my face & neck... anything more & I have to really rub it to avoid stickiness. 

Seriously arielaaaaaaaaaaaa I think you'll really like it. I may use Truth Serum during warmer months, & Caudalie during the colder months. Or alternate every few days... haven't figure it out yet :smileywink: 

arielaaaaaaaa

Ohh thanks for the advice! I need extra hydration, hopefully I love it! :smileyhappy:

melde

(0) Hearts

I'm really sad I didn't get the Tarte Aqualillies palette when I had the chance! I always hear such great things about it!

poshified

I have to give it to Tarte to come out with such a travel-friendly palette with NO lip product included in the mix! :smileyhappy:

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

Im in love w:

too faced no makeup makeup palette (best highlighter shade ever)

bb shimmer strip in nectar

ud anarchy

guerlain palette

stila liquid lipstick

theramenlover

swfupload_1664578575627068652.jpg

1. Givenchy Eclat Matissime → I love this for the Summer/warmer months. It looks like skin and it feels as if I've got nothing on my face at all. Plus, it has good coverage and it isn't a flat matte! 

2. Dior Addict Extreme in Bonne Aventure → Love, love, love! I bought this recently but I've been wearing it a few days in a row. It's a great cranberry shade and the best part is that it can be applied/worn sheer in the mornings and for evenings, all I need is to add two more layers and bam! 

3. Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum → I used this all of last year and this is my third bottle! I've only just started to use it again now that it's colder out and my skin needs more moisture. It's lovely as always :smileyhappy: 

4. Illamasqua Velvet Blush in Peaked → Another new purchase that I made just for the Autumn season. It's a blush that's a lot darker than any I own and since it's sort of a hybrid between powder and cream, it lasts really well on my skin and I can even use this on my lips! 

5. Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm → I was halfway through my other balm and decided to change it up. This is a no fuss balm and it does exactly what it says it does. I do like it and I'd probably repurchase it but I'm not in love with it. Still, it's one of those products that I can rely on and sometimes, that's more important than anything else. 

solveig

Oh, I absolutely forgot about Clinique's TTDO Balm! It is definitely the discovery of the month for me. Love the fact that it doesn't have a scent, and even my oily acne-prone skin seems to be loving this product.

jrah822

(0) Hearts

1. NEST fragrance in Midnight Fleur. Bought the coffret from Sephora, and I honestly enjoy each of the fragrances...but Midnight Fleur is my favorite! I have even had comments at work about how great I smell when I have worn it.

2. Hourglass mineral primer on my t-zone. During the fall and winter, everything except the middle of my forehead and nose gets super dry. Those two bits stay shiny. This primer keeps my skin looking fresh through my workday...no powder needed!

3. MAC eyeshadows in Jest, All that Glitters, Satin Taupe, and Handwritten. Visited my father and in-laws this month on a short vacation, and filled up a quad palette with these shades. Haven't used another shadow since!

4. Phyto 9. Kind of a rediscovery. I used Phyto 7 all through college. Picked up Phyto 9 on a whim because I wanted a nice conditioning treatment to protect my hair as I try to grow it out (had a super-short pixie cut last summer and am dying for a ponytail). This works even better on my thick, wavy hair! I swear my hair feels less damaged and silkier.

5. NARS powder foundation in Mont Blanc. I have been wanting to try Laura Geller's balance and brighten, but will not allow myself to purchase it until I have finished a few of the many powders I am currently hoarding in my collection. So far, I have finished up Maybelline's Dream Matte, a MAC MSF natural, and a Bare Minerals. I forgot what a dream this NARS powder is! It is 'creamy' and gives me great coverage. I love using it on days when I just want to even out my skin for some quick errands.

poshified

septfaves.JPG(L-R):

-Mally Poreless Face Defender: I honestly didn't want to buy into the whole Mally hype, especially not with this product, but this helped keep my oil at bay throughout the day. Yes, it's silicone in a compact form but no, I haven't found anything else comparable.

-Benefit Rocketeur: Quite possibly Benefit's best boxed powdered blush. It's shimmery without being over the top and pigmented enough to show on even medium skin tones.

-Rimmel Scandaleyes in Taupe: I didn't realize this was a matte taupe of a pencil eyeliner when I purchased it, but now that I've broken into it, I've realized that this works amazingly for my waterline as it is neither too harsh nor too subtle.

-Tom Ford She Wolf: I usually don't do gray eyeshadows, as they tend to look bluish on my lids (and not the flattering blue.) But these grays are quite neutral making this palette suitable for folks with warm and cool skin tones.

-MAC Nude on Board: I deem this the bronzer that will never be used up. The size of the pan showing has stayed the same since a few months back, and I've been using this nearly every day. That said, I do love the gold shimmer running through this bronzer and prefer this over bronzers with a reddish undertone.

roxystar4

@posh  that Mally product sounds good

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 60 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • theramenlover