4th of July Plans?

wingatprsct

4th of July Plans?

Well, the 4th of July falls on Thursday this year.  So if you take off Friday, it gives you a four-day weekend!  What are your plans for the 4th?

I really only have a 3-day weekend since my mom's birthday is Thursday (yes, she is a Yankee Doodle Dandy) which means the 4th is spent with her which I don't mind.  She's lovely!   But after that I need suggestions.....it is really hot here and I'm feeling uninspired. 

prettyinpa

Re: 4th of July Plans?

I want to go kayaking if the water levels in the river cooperate. It's been very heavy rains in PA lately, so the water is really high, making some parts dangerous. If the water receeds a bit, it will be great as normal summer water levels are a bit low and I have to drag the kayak over mud flats and sandbars. I have a big ocean going 2 seater kayak, so the whole family including big dog can fit.   Pack a picnic lunch and snacks for all and paddle the day away. :smileyhappy:

wingatprsct

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

That sounds like fun!  Water levels are too low here for decent kayaking or just floating.  We really need some rain!  I've been to PA...it is beautiful!

nebel

My husband and I are going to take our dogs to the beach for a picnic lunch!

kalex

We do the same thing every year.  Grill out, set off fireworks, and sleep in a tent in the back yard with the kids.

Sorry I don't have any inspired ideas for you.  We're simple people - we basically just honor our country's July 4th tradition of setting things on fire and drinking beer while doing it.  (With "camping" and smores thrown in for the kids!)  :smileyhappy:

mafan

Sorry, no great inspirations for you here.  My sister's birthday is the 4th but I don't know if we'll get together or not.  I have no gift ideas for her yet.  Unless she wants to get together I think my husband will take time to cook something more complicated than usual.

I have Friday off (and he doesn't) so I'm going to see my mom.  She recently had surgery and should just be at the point where she's allowed to go out but she won't be able to drive.  So if she's up for it I'll take her off to run errands, etc, and then take her out to lunch.  So exciting.

janinebt

I don't really have any plans set up just yet for the 4th. I've been playing with the idea of making some sort of delicious dessert (perhaps apple pie?) and perhaps meeting up with friends or just celebrating with my family. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 68 replies
  • 151 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa