wingatprsct

4th of July Plans?

Well, the 4th of July falls on Thursday this year.  So if you take off Friday, it gives you a four-day weekend!  What are your plans for the 4th?

I really only have a 3-day weekend since my mom's birthday is Thursday (yes, she is a Yankee Doodle Dandy) which means the 4th is spent with her which I don't mind.  She's lovely!   But after that I need suggestions.....it is really hot here and I'm feeling uninspired. 

berniebeauty

Re: 4th of July Plans?

I got on my family for not going to see our towns fireworks (which were on Saturday... as my mom pointed out "It was still June!!!") so instead we are going to our city's baseball game and stay for the fireworks after that. I like that better anyways, because I get fried dough to share with my best friend, and y'know, its actually on the 4th haha. Also, I feel baseball is super American-y ^.^

~We are all beautiful~

wingatprsct

Nothing more American than baseball, hot dogs, and apple pie  :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

@lylysa- Hope you mom has a great B'Day and eat a piece of cake for me:smileytongue:

lylysa

Thanks, Beautylovingirl! I'll see what I can do about snapping some photos of diem sum and posting them in the food thread! All kinds of dumplings (from shrimp, beef, to pork), assorted veggies, bell peppers with fried shrimp, crab balls, bbq pork steamed buns, egg custard tarts, coconut jelly, shrimp wrapped in rice noodle, sauteed clams, fried turnip cake, sponge cake, sticky rice, congee (rice soup), tea, and so much more!

Now you got me super hungry thinking of diem sum AND all these cake photos! Haha!

rikkie

This thread is making me HUNGRY! I want dumplings and steamed buns and custard tarts! When I am going to have to head to chinatown when I get back to Canada, I don't think I have seen such a thing here in Mexico, haha.

lylysa

Haha, bring the diem sum over to Mexico!

rikkie

After a disastrous attempt at eating sushi here (every single thing contained cream cheese, yikes!) I'm not sure I trust what would happen to dim sum! 

lylysa

This only leaves one solution...start your own diem sum and sushi place, make all the money in the world.....spend it all at Sephora! Haha!

rikkie

Hahahaha, I will just wait a week and a half and then when I'm home I'll cook or go out and eat all the things I haven't found for the last 7 or 8 months. Sushi, tempura, a giant platter of meats and cheeses and a baguette to go with them,  bul go gi, fondue, char siu bao, lamb vindaloo, poutine, oh my goodness I haven't even thought  of sweet things I've missed yet either. It's really shocking how many things are just not available.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Pictures...or it didn't happen :smileytongue:

mafan

Okay, skip the cake.  I'm coming over for food at your house!

lylysa

LOL! I'm off to Chinatown for the diem sum. Now I'm DEFINITELY required to snap pics and post them in the food thread so I can share!

lylysa

The 4th is my mom's birthday (and from the posts so far, she's not alone in the birthday boat!) so my family and I are going to diem sum in the morning.

I got her a fragrance she likes because she's running low, she's been so stocked up on Mother's Day and Christmas still that it's getting harder and harder to pick beauty gifts! :smileytongue:

Not sure what else is going to happen for the day, with all these cake posts I feel the urge to bake, I did find a peanut butter, chocolate tart recipe today...ideas ideas!

beautylovingirl

I don't know about anyone else but I'm really hungry for cake right now!:smileytongue:

lylysa

You said it! The more layers and the more color the better! Yum!

mafan

I was just thinking the same thing and then I read these comments!

beautylovingirl

@dianabt- Those cakes look amazingly good!

rikkie

Aww, I'm going to miss Canada day (today) and 4th of July this year. Back in Canada I could see the biggest firework show the city put on out my apartment window, so I didn't even have to go outside and be devoured by mosquitoes to see them! 

beautylovingirl

@arielaaaaaaaa- Happy B'Day  July 5th! Hope your B'Day and the 4th are great for you!

arielaaaaaaaa

Thanks @Beautylovingirl!

dianabt

How fun! I love the fireworks show put on downtown by the bay, so fun to see when you have a good view! The only thing is the horrible crowd of people and the heat wave this week are making me not so encouraged to watch.. Maybe another part of the city would be fun to check them out at but I have no real plans except staying in and helping my mom who recently was in the hospital and needs some extra care. =/

Maybe I'll cook something fun like a red white and blue dish (Everyone has seen those Betty Crocker pound cakes with cool whip and berries right?) or a yummy potato salad which I've been craving! 

swfupload_4424256657026251060.jpg

(in my hunt for the cake I found THIS which looks incredible!)

swfupload_5764180587502359801.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 68 replies
  • 151 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa