wingatprsct

4th of July Plans?

Well, the 4th of July falls on Thursday this year.  So if you take off Friday, it gives you a four-day weekend!  What are your plans for the 4th?

I really only have a 3-day weekend since my mom's birthday is Thursday (yes, she is a Yankee Doodle Dandy) which means the 4th is spent with her which I don't mind.  She's lovely!   But after that I need suggestions.....it is really hot here and I'm feeling uninspired. 

LCResz

Re: 4th of July Plans?

(0) Hearts

I will be at a family barbecue, yay! I am in charge of dessert, so I am making a red, white, and blue themed plate naturally! I am marinating strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, blueberries, and blackberries in balsamic vinegar and honey, then drizzling it over angel food cake and vanilla ice cream. I'll try making Guinness beer floats too, we'll see how it goes!

sephoramusthave

I'm working all day that day but the day after is the start of my beach vacation :smileyvery-happy:

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

Have a fun, relaxing, and safe trip! :smileyhappy:

CzaCee

SHOPPING. who else is with me? lol.
bananachoox3

Well, I work July 4th. Crazy isn't it? I'm also working July 3rd. Good thing I'm off the 5th. I think right after work on July 4th, we're going to have a BBQ. After a long 8 hour shift I think that would be perfect.

arielaaaaaaaa

Cute Cat pictures i came across!!

2e043a510f4d6bec3fd3f7838a725a47.jpg

melissabt

I don't have any plans yet! I was going to go out of town to a cabin but, I do not think I will have enough time to go up there. I've seen the fire works so many times, it sort of gets old! If it's nice out, I think I might go to the beach:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

OK I'm hungry for cake again!:smileytongue:

jennypenny1995

REST!  And then...some mighty good burgers on our grill with chips, pickles, and Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.  Add a beer and Cokes, and it's just pretty much the bestest 4th of July in the whole dang world!

colorobsession

I decided to take tomorrow AND Friday off and give myself a nice little mini vacation. Tomorrow is my birthday, so I figured that would be a perfect present to myself :-p

I think I'm going to go wine tasting with a friend tomorrow, but I'm not really sure what the 4th has in store. I'm hoping it'll involve some grilling, and being poolside.

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

Thank you!! :-)

LCResz

Happy B-Day!

wingatprsct

Happy Birthday!  Hope you have a great day and weekend! :smileyhappy:

ellevee09

we will be using this holiday to move back to my hubby's hometown but for sure catch the fireworks! :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

Unfortunately, I will be working and taking care of all of the fire work whoopsies! We're having an indoor work picnic :smileyhappy:

wingatprsct

I'll try to keep my boys away from you!  I have one that I think is a pyromaniac!  Hope your picnic is fun and few emergencies come your way. :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Thank you! :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

im going to watch the fireworks at my dads house,and then for the rest of the weekend i have to catch up on homework for my summer class :smileysad:

wingatprsct

Bummer!  Well, enjoy the 4th anyway and take some well-deserved breaks in your studying.  Education is a reward that lasts a lifetime.

kimmi1115

My parents and I are having a small cookout with my papaw (dad's dad), granny (mom's mom), and Lanndan.  I'm hoping my cousin will be able to come, too.  After the cookout, we'll probably play games and whatnot. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 68 replies
  • 151 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt