janinebt

2013 Goals/Resolutions

[ Edited ]

2013 will be here in just DAYS! My how time flies. Rather than have New Year’s resolutions I like to set personal goals for myself every year. I generally write them in the back of my paper planner (yes, I still carry around an ‘old fashioned’ planner despite working in social media). As I complete the goals I cross them off J.  I was able to come up with 13, but here are just a few of the ‘less boring’ ambitions.

This year I hope to:

-Visit New York City

-Go on a mini California road trip

-Try eyelash extensions

-Make home cooked meals 5 times a week (this’ll probably be the hardest one, I love cooking but sometimes I have little to no motivation to cook up meals).

-Start doing more freelance writing projects

-Buy a condo!

What are your goals for the new year?

Whimsically yours,
Janine
makeupmaven

Re: 2013 Goals/Resolutions

(0) Hearts

For me it's mainly keeping up some good habits I've started over the past year:

-I've been pretty good about working out more (kundalini yoga videos, dance videos, just got a pilates video...I'm not the gym type and I usually hurt my ankle from running, so doing it at home =no excuses...plus my cat loves yoga too!) so definitely want to keep that up.

-I try to go on a walk every day on lunch (stay productive/ clear your mind/ helps when you sit all day).

-Trying to learn more about cooking healthy/ eating healthy (start my day w/ a spirulina smoothie which now I can't live without).

-My main goal is to really try to learn to relax...I have plenty of techniques down (meditation/ yoga/ exercise), but it can still be hard to not stress out and maintain calm day to day.

-Also to finally visit Thailand (my father-in-law and sister-in-law live there, my husband and I have been talking about it for awhile so it's finally time to get it done).

Happy New Year everyone! Hope it's the best yet!

-Theresa

melissabt

(0) Hearts

I have a few goals for this year:

Like Diana said cut out the sugar, I used to drink more sugar-free coffee drinks and couldn't help myself this year with all of the yummy holiday drinks.

Save more money!

Go out and visit nature more. I live right next to a huge park and never take advantage of it.

<3 Melissa
beautytester

Awkward question, for the water-drinking gals, how do you drink more water without spending all day in the ladies room? I can drink ~3 cups of water around meal time, but more than that = restroom all the time. =(. Do you plan it around meal time? drink more in the morning? or just have a better metabolism than me?

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

I've read it's good to NOT drink water with a meal (don't drink anything...water before is fine). Also read that it's good to start your day w/ 1 glass of water, 2 before you go to bed. The 2 before bed can be hard, and I'm not so great at drinking enough water throughout the day...but I do think even the water I've added daily has helped my metabolism.

berniebeauty

(0) Hearts

I plan to drink it during breakfast/lunch/dinner instead of juices or cider, which I drink nonstop. I will still drink OJ and stuff to get my vitamins but if I replace at least 1 or 2 glasses of it a day I think it will help me loose a little weight because I wont be consuming so many calories from the sugar. I dont plan to do any 8 glasses thing by any means, I think I would explode lol >.<

~We are all beautiful~

fran11

I dont usually make resolutions because I don't want to feel like a failure if I can't stick to them! This year I am making one though....i am cutting out all soda consumption! I am a diet cola fiend and while there are no calories, i know all of those artificial sweetners aren't so good for me! doing this will also help me to drink more water! 

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

I have the same problem! Hence, I can't drink that much water on the plane despite being dehydrated. What I do is drink in sips, though, and drink more towards the end if I know I have a break coming up.

malissa13

eat healthier

travel more

mine are soo boring. but i realize i never end up doing any of the fun resolutions i make. umm... be more outgoing? 

summeringion

1. Start a yoga routine.

2. Drink more water, yes, definitely.

3. Only As and Bs in my classes.

4. Take more risks, I'm such a cautious person and I'm always overthinking things.

5. Clear up my skin.

janinebt

A lot of you are saying that you wanna drink more water (which was a goal of mine for 2012). What really helped me choose water over most sugary drinks is flavoring it up naturally. I almost always put lemon juice, lime juice, fresh mint leaves, and even lightly muddled cucumbers into my water. You can distill this mixture overnight for a crisp refreshing drink that'll be ready for you in the morning. It's especially tasty after working out/yoga.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kimmi1115

I don't really set resolutions, but there are a few things I need to work on going into the new year.

1.  Get better at being gluten free.  I was so good at this when I was living slightly off campus, and then I moved home lol.  Temptation is a fierce battle lol.  I learned the hard way a couple of weeks ago that cornbread and certain items from Sonic are EVIL!!!!  "Sick as a dog" would be a huge understatement.

2.  Find time to get back at the Petsmart adoption center.  My schedule last semester did not allow me much volunteer time :smileysad:  This semester's schedule is not much better, but I hope to figure out something.  

3.  Resolve an OCD issue soon.

cherrybombtastic

1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

2. Do more with my writing other than blog.

3. Write letters/emails to my friends since they have moved farther away.

4. Don't eat as much beef because beef triggers my acne.

5. Write more food reviews.

6. Take better pictures.

beautytester

1. To brush my teeth 2-3 times per day, no exceptions. Sometimes I'm lazy and only brush my teeth once a day, that's not gonna work now since I got braces.

2. Visit my friends in the next 2 month...as I've been meaning to for the whole year but didn't.

3. Exercise AT LEAST once a week, even if it's 30min of yoga, when busy. Otherwise 2-3 times a week.

4. Stick to a healthy sleep schedule (midnight to 8am instead of 4am to noon).

5. Make progress on research and get all As.

6. Wear make up more often, buy make up less often. Stop buying cosmetic stuff like there's no tomorrow every time Sephora have a promo or new sales item.

berniebeauty

I haven't really thought of resolutions, but I would like to...

-drink at least 2 glasses of water a day

-use up my palettes, or at least use them more

-eat more veggies

-bake more

-write poems more

I think the baking and palettes will be the only ones that live past January, but I will try!!

Oh, and I need to workon the college search >.<

~We are all beautiful~

glossjuunkiee

1. Maintain clear skin! In 2013 I'll be turning 13, and at that age it will be a bit hard with acne and the like.

2. Eat more vegetables, because I'm picky.

3. Try more foods. Again, I'm picky.

4. Lower the amount of makeup I wear, which sort of ties in with number 1.

Etc.

aiobhan

1. Own and successfully wear something that's yellow

2. Attempt false eyelashes

3. Drink 2.5 liters of water every day

4. Go to bed before midnight

5. Make the switch to natural deodorant

6. Become a redhead

7. Eat veggies more often

8. Find a hobby

... That's all I can come up with.

missjr

This is an excellent topic!  My goals are:

1.  Start writing again

2.  Go on a relaxing spa trip at a resort every six months

3.  Incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet

4.  Clean out my closet of clothing I know I will never wear again before purchasing anything new

5.  Spent at least 30 minutes studying my Bible

To all my Beaty Talk friends, please accept my sincere wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

dianabt

This is a good food for thought topic!

Hmm I'd have to say my goals for 2013 are:

1. Start wearing more makeup! I have so many great liners and palettes and I just don't wear them! I feel like my makeup skills on myself are not once they used to be.

2. Get more activity, I'm waiting on a bike my boyfriend is getting me so I'm excited to ride it around! He's big on trails and super long bike journeys so this will be fun and a new learning experience other than just cruising through Golden Gate Park.

3. Completely cut out sugar from my diet. A little is fine but for health reasons, I'd like to find a way to entirely remove it and diet sodas. 

4. Read more! I have a few new books but just haven't had the downtime to sit and read them and relax. I'd like to get a kindle HD and get my magazine subscriptions there too but I worry about how much time I'd really have for any of that!

5. Get involved in SOMETHING be it online courses, volunteer work, or an activity group, but something that gets my brain thinking and moving around more. :smileyhappy: 

Have a happy and safe New Year everyone! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

Mine would be to try to have more patience

Try to do more of the good deeds (like prettyinpa said)

To let those people know who are less fortunate know that they can do and be anything they want to be.

Oh yeah one more to try lots of new makeup!:smileytongue:

Just a few I don't think I've really made that many yet.:smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

To eat a salad with every meal, so far I've lost a couple of pounds with no additional exercise using this plan, so it's a keeper.

Take another online class, the last one really kept my mind busy, which is supposed to help you keep your brain in good shape as you age.

Try at least one new exercise routine from the myriad of health magazines I get each month. I don't have to incorporate it into my regular routine, but I do get stuck in a rut.

Do at least one good deed each week that I tell no one about. (They don't count if you tell people lol).

How's that?  Too ambitious?

Happy New Year all!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 56 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • prettyinpa
    • cherrybombtastic
    • malissa13