sweetieeee

20 off 50 purchase and didn't buy anything sadly

(0) Hearts

Of all times I've gone clueless and have not bought anything from sephora for my gift card. I've missed out on great mini fragrances so I had no urge to buy anything... And now I don't know what to buy because I want to feel like I bought something worth it.

anyone else have this issue? Not bought anything? So crazy. Hahaa

hourglassambient lighting. I have olive skin and would love to try this out.. What color would I be? Or use? I don't want shimmer all over though.

any great eye shadows suggestions ? Or gel eyeliner?

What to buy what to buy):

ive been thinking about the naked 1. I have the naked 2 and hate it I've used it like 3times and now don't know what to do with it sadly. 

sugarluvv

Re: 20 off 50 purchase and didn't buy anything sadly

I got the baremineral set on sale and a sephora hairdryer with my coupon.   I went into the store and used another one i had on the vice2 bc it was out of stock on sephora.  

bleuorchid21

(0) Hearts

I ended up buying the Fresh Sugar lip treatment (as mine is almost gone) and picked up one for my mom (since she is having issues with her lips). I needed to spend another $5 to get it to $50 so picked up another mini Dr. Feelgood.

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

How are the sugar lip treatments :smileyhappy: ? I have very dry lips even when I drink bottle after bottle of waters.

bleuorchid21

(0) Hearts

I personally really like them. I own just the clear one and apply it before any lip products. I also apply it after I use a lip scrub at night. It makes my lips feel very moisturized and smooth as well as  luxurious.

I had issues with my lips about a year ago where they felt waxy. Nothing seemed to work on them and then I tried Sugar and the problem went away.

I do use other lip balms and such but always go back to Fresh.

I hate the price of it but you can get that gift card holder for $5 and it comes with a mini Fresh Sugar inside.

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

I haven't purchased anything either yet. :smileysad: 

I wanted something fun, but it's hard for me to try new things because I can't use things with gluten and I break out very easily. I really wanted the naked 3 palette but it isn't on the gluten free list. :smileysad:

I own 3 hourglass ambient lighting powders, and I don't think they are shimmery all over once applied, but as for a color suggestion, I am sorry to say I don't have one for you. I am terrible at that for myself. 

I am thinking of just getting my night time moisturizer since it's almost out anyways. That just feels so boring lol. 

JAIMEH2125

(0) Hearts

if you wont use it, I'll be at the store today...maybe you can send it my way? No, it's not attached to a personal account.

JAIMEH2125

(0) Hearts

it expires today

marydiva

Here's how I think about it. It's basically a coupon that gives you a free $20 item when you buy a $30 item. OR - 40% off a $50 purchase. 

So I bought Naked3 - because 

a) I knew I'd buy it eventually and

b) Naked palettes never go on sale and

c) The only way I was ever going to get a discount on it is if I waited until the 20% off sale and

d) 40% off is a WAY better deal so

e) The Naked3 it was! 

If you want a BIG bang for your buck -

The Buxom Serial Kisser set is only $22 and you get five mini lipsticks!! (They're all adorable! I ordered mine and it should arrive by Wednesday.)

and the Bare Minerals Crystallized set is a $146 value, but....*drumroll* only costs $38!! They're both in the sale section and both have super high ratings and they're both limited edition! (I ordered both. Can you tell? :smileyhappy:)

Anyway - for just $60 (Well, $40 bucks if you use your coupon) you'll get

Five Mini Lipsticks

One Full Size Liptick

Powder Eyeliner

Blush

Powder Eyeshadow

READY eyeshadow duo

Double Ended Eye brush

Full sized Mascara

Full Sized Lipgloss

Keepsake tin

Totally worth it? Yeah, basically. 

sweetieeee

Wow you really made me open my eyes haha thank you! But I've been wanted the chocolate too faced bar that just came out today but I'm not sure if it's worth it but I really want it plus I know too faced has tons of sales but not sure if this will ever be on sale.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Great point! I think the Chocolate Bar palette would be a great splurge! You should go for it! 

drrragon

WOW!  When you put it THAT way I want to rush to put these in my shopping cart!  Nice sell marydiva! :smileyvery-happy:

marydiva

Hahaha thank you! :smileyvery-happy: Sephora should totally hire me to pitch products :smileyvery-happy:

shyvicki

I didn't go hog wild on using my $20 off mainly because I'm thisclose to being broke from Christmas shopping plus I'm trying to use up the eye shadow pallets and lip glosses I have right now before I buy any more of either. I just bought the Tarte Amazon Clay Airbrush Foundation and the Benefit Little Love Potions set.

SydBristow

I didn't splurge, I used mine to get a great deal on the hair products I rely on day to day.

itscarin

You don't necessarily have to get a "splurge" item.  You could just get some stuff that you'll know you'll use.  Skincare, for example.  I recently got a sample of Fresh's soy exfoliator and I thought it was awesome.  There's also the MUFE starter kit for sale for $55 right now.  I'd consider that if you don't already have it.  You could also buy a couple of little things, like a lipstick and a blush.  I've been eyeing a LE Nars blush and one of the UD lipsticks.

FayeCouturexo

OMG I FEEL YOU! I was exactly like that earlier in the store with my friend. Since it only happens once a year I just felt obligated to buy something! I ended up buying a buxom lip cream and Naked 2! I originally wanted to buy the tarte blush palette but my sephora sold out of it, sadly :smileysad: I suggest you check that out as well! its a gorg palette and its such a great deal too. Any ysl or marc jacobs lipsticks are amazing treats for yourself as well! Goodluck shopping! :smileyvery-happy:

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Hopeful I can stop buy a sephora tomorrow afternoon. If not then I'm going to have to go shopping online which indislike because I can never tell if it's my color any I hate to return products. great to hear you found a few things(:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • shyvicki
    • pearlgirl7
    • marydiva
    • drrragon
    • bleuorchid21