killahbabe

$20 Dealtopia

Just with the $10 Black Friday Dealtopia items it seems that Sephora is being intentionally vague about the $20 deals today. A Sephora rep for their Facebook page said that the $20 deals would go live "first thing" on Saturday. I've been on the site since 11:45pm and now at 12:25am EST there is still nothing. Sephora's Facebook page has been lighting up with inquiries about what's going on, but now there's just radiosilence on Sephora's end. I'm really growing annoyed with the purposeful misdirection and I really don't think I'll bother re-qualifying for Rouge next year. Really disappointed =/

killahbabe

Re: $20 Dealtopia

Funny how Sephora doesn't bother to tell it's customers when the actual sales are for "competitive" reasons when all they're doing is isolating their customers who are now looking to the competition when they otherwise would've been loyal. I've had enough with the games and the misdirection. If a company can't bother to tell it's patrons when we can purchase their items then I'm not going to waste my time by waiting for it. And I know a lot of other VIBs and Rouges feel the same. Making loyal customers jump through hoops to make a purchase is bad business and disrespectful of our time.

lilyyy

BIs get $15 for spending $0 to $349 dollars.

VIBs get $20 for spending $350.

Rouge gets $20 for spending $1000.

Once again, there is NO point to keeping only one Sephora account. It's much better to use more than one or use your mom's account because there are no rewards for loyalty.

biancardi

(0) Hearts

It really does suck, doesn't it?  Oh well, at least there is free shipping, although it sounds like Rouge members are getting banned for too many orders.

shapeshifter

Arg, why didnt I think of using 2 accounts? I would have double coupons coming to me! Not to mention more single use code promos. Done!

ladymeag

Free shipping is nice but with all of the cancelled orders, I'm stressing about actually using it now.

The only Rouge 'perk' I'm seeing so far is the "unlimited makeovers" thing and my guess is that 99% of us don't want or need that service. If stores had folks who were more qualified to provide true makeovers, that would be one thing but my local stores (in the Seattle area) produce some horrifying results (or are actually reps for a specific brand and you get a brand-counter style "makeover",) and I bailed halfway through on my first (and last!) makeover because the SA refused to listen when I told her that I have allergies to certain ingredients and absolutely can't "just try" the soy-based product. 

serioustree

I agree! I'm a VIB and already has tons of make up.  i would assume that a rouge is MORE THAN COMPETENT to put her/his own make up on. 

mafan

Bad assumption. I have learned almost all makeup application from people at Sephora, and I've found the people in my local stores are quite helpful. I first became VIB due to perfume and skincare purchases and didn't wear much makeup. 

I've made an appointment for a Personal Beauty Consultation for Friday. Especially since I'm not obligated to buy anything and I will (I hope) have my $20 coupon, I've got some questions to ask. I want to hear what they have to say about what might/might not be good to add to my routine. And I want to know what brush is best to use with the Tarte palette and see how one of the Dior palettes looks on me. 

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

When I go in ask about a new product and how to use it, they always show me and do a good job.

killahbabe

Yeah the makeovers aren't really a "perk" for me either. I'm an hour and a half away from the nearest stand alone Sephora store and when I make that trip out I usually make a day or weekend out of it so I'm already made up and don't require those services. The free shipping is decent but most Rouge members have no problem reaching the $50 free shipping threshold anyhow. I'd expect more than free shipping and makeovers when spending about 3x the amount that VIBs do.

AznAngelLiz

I totally agree about the makeovers. I've not had a "full makeover" at the store, but I've had minor things done (eyeshadow application using new palettes, etc) and of the 3 times, none of the looks suited me. I guess the makeup artists there aren't really in tuned with what would look good on certain people.

On the contrary, I've had a makeover at Nordstrom during one of their beauty events and it looked flawless. The makeup artist was an actual representative from the cosmetic line so she knew what the heck she was talking about.

makeupbyashley

(0) Hearts

15$ for what ? 

AznAngelLiz

[ Edited ]

Sephora sends out reward cards to all beauty insiders (around this time for the past couple of years), $15 off $50 purchase for BI, $20 off $50 for VIB/VIB Rouge. They are still sending them out and you should get one by 12/4

makeupbyashley

(0) Hearts

I have been a bi for 1 year already and I never received one last year ?

rikkie

Besides yesterday's Black Friday deals starting around 12AM EST, nearly all of the sales and events on the website start at 12AM PST. If it doesn't happen in the next three hours, then I might start wondering. 

killahbabe

I'll be waiting up until 3am EST just in case because I am really curious. I stay up late anyhow so it's not an inconvenience for me, but I feel bad for those who aren't used to staying up late. And I'm a bit perturbed at Sephora for not specifying again which timezone. I've never seen a company guard their sales info like Fort Knox before! haha.

rikkie

I was totally expecting the sale last night to start at 12AM PST, so I missed out on a good chunk of the deals I was most interested in, thank goodness I happened to check in around 10PM, otherwise I wouldn't have caught anything! 

Totally obnoxious they can't just tell us what's going on.

lilyyy

More of nothing at the top for Rouge,

killahbabe

Oh and I just heard from Sephora rep that the giftcards for Rouge will be for the same $20 that VIBs are getting... so much for "extra perks." *Sigh*

serioustree

(0) Hearts

Yeah... You would think for spending thousands of dollars that you would get at least an additional $5 or something. Honestly, I'm pissed off about it and I'm not Rouge. Definitely does not encourage me to be one either. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 81 replies
  • 202 hearts
  • 45 in conversation
    • pixiedust2
    • itscarin
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • meganrad
    • misscg