killahbabe

$20 Dealtopia

Just with the $10 Black Friday Dealtopia items it seems that Sephora is being intentionally vague about the $20 deals today. A Sephora rep for their Facebook page said that the $20 deals would go live "first thing" on Saturday. I've been on the site since 11:45pm and now at 12:25am EST there is still nothing. Sephora's Facebook page has been lighting up with inquiries about what's going on, but now there's just radiosilence on Sephora's end. I'm really growing annoyed with the purposeful misdirection and I really don't think I'll bother re-qualifying for Rouge next year. Really disappointed =/

killahbabe

Re: $20 Dealtopia

I'm really disappointed with the whole "stay tuned" followed by radio silence bit that Sephora's FB team is engaging in. After hearing from others about the "$20 deals" they had in stores today now I'm not surprised that they didn't do a sneak peek like they did with the $10 deals since they had absolutely nothing lined up for the this promotion. I didn't need the $20 deals, but I wish they wouldn't have advertised for these deals if they really had nothing planned. I'm more upset about the wait and the runaround. :smileysad:

veronika23

[ Edited ]

Just got off the phone with rouge and she told me no new/special deals for Sat and Sun on-line... New and special deals to come for cyber Monday on-line.

Wish they would just explain from the start... stores and on-line seem to be different.

killahbabe

I really wish we could get a straight answer across the board. The rep I spoke with yesterday assured me that the $20 deals would be up "first thing on Saturday" and now at 12:41pm EST, 12 hours after they should've been up, there's still nothing. A lot of people who went into the stores were shown 2 Stila palettes that have been marked down for several days now. If they had nothing new I wish they would've just said that. I know a lot of people feel like they wasted time waiting last night (I'm one of them) and for it to be a bait and switch like this just feels dishonest to me.

veronika23

[ Edited ]

I too was told new deals were coming for the weekend and now this. I feel bad for everyone who stayed up last night. Just be straight with your customers.  I also feel bad for all the CS reps because they will get a lot of **bleep** and they probably don't know what's going on. The big bosses should be the ones dealing with this... Did you see their facebook page? Oh my!  I'm not planning to go to the store because I'm sick and didn't feel like going out but wish I could see the deals in store to know if it's the same as the sale section on-line... even if I was told it was new items/special for this weekend.

sbowden

That was me :smileysad: stayed up until 12:30 and then set an alarm for 3... Nothing. 

Thanks for all the info :smileyhappy: it's great to see you again! 

bcteagirl

Me too!

killahbabe

It's really disheartening. I too feel bad for the reps because I know they're only telling people what they're told to say. The Facebook page had a lot more on it, it seems the most popular comments were completely deleted, which again, I think is kind of wrong since there was no foul language or crude behavior... just people looking for answers.

veronika23

I think they need a new marketing/PR team. They obviously don't know what they are doing.  Communication is key.... across the board!  Like the cs reps on the phone don't know what's going on in the stores and the stores don't know what's going on on-line.  Even if the stores might get different products the reps on the phone should know what deals are offered and where and people in store should know what's going on on-line.  I don't mean they should know everything... I just mean they should know the basics...

veronika23

I called both stores in my area and they both said new deals for today... For Canada it's under 30$. I was told by a manager that these deals aren't sale items, they were picked especially for today. Was also told that these items are valued at 50$ to 60$ (CAN currency). I'm assuming Sephora is having a lot of problems with the web page and that's why we aren't seeing anything. Brands that were mentioned to me... Smashbox, Benefit, Tarte and I think Stila.

bcteagirl

[ Edited ]

I hope you are right. They put up the Stilla eye palettes a few days before black Friday at the same price (Some ordered them @ the same time) so they may try to say they are the 'new' items. We shall see.

bcteagirl

(0) Hearts

Someone on facebook who went into store said that they are pulling out things that have been on the online sale section for varying lengths of time and calling them the 20$ deals. So there might not be any ladies.

BeautyLove02

(0) Hearts

They do have $20 sets for DealTopia..I just got 2 of the Stila in the Garden palettes for $20 each(would have been $78 total normally). They also have Stila in the Moment (I think-the purple one) and some other stuff.

bcteagirl

(0) Hearts

Those aren't new deals, and I think it is 78$ value not 78$ normally. You could buy them at that price pre- black friday.

pixiedust2

Those Stila palettes have been $20 for several days now.  Not exactly new. 

Koofa

Those have been available for at least a couple days now though.. they made it seem like there would be new things available for $20 throughout the weekend.

Koofa

(0) Hearts

Like someone posted on their FB page.. looks like the old bait & switch to me. Ridic.

missey1973

(0) Hearts

I just called my local Sephora and they said they did have 20.00 sets today. She said there were some Stilla eye pallets, philosophy sets, and read off a few others that sounded like stuff from yesterday.

bcteagirl

(0) Hearts

It sounds like they are pulling things off the previous online sale rack and re-branding them as 'black friday' sales.

jetsetjourno

(0) Hearts

I'm seeing a couple new $10 sets in the gifts under $10 section -- First Aid Beauty cleanser and moisturizer duo and a Carol's Daughter monoi one...No idea about the $20 deals though.

mommyto4

My local Sephora said they aren't putting anything new out today, but they have a ton of black friday stuff leftover. 

mommyto4

(0) Hearts

I called yet another Sephora and asked for the 20.00 deals: 2 stila palettes and a smashbox. :smileysad:  Plus we had other great items like a nail kit for 16.00 and some Philosophy shower gels for 10.00.  

I guess we've already seen the deals?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 81 replies
  • 202 hearts
  • 45 in conversation
    • pixiedust2
    • itscarin
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • meganrad