smokeashes

acne marks

im wondering which product to get for my acne scars(brown and red ones) and to make my skin glow and look even toned.

The products im interested in are Ren Radiance Perfecting Serum, Ren Resurfacing AHA Concentrate, Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation.

Also i want to know how well the Boscia Black Mask is for some people cause it looks like its a love or hate it product.

and about the Ren glycol radiance mask if its really worth $55 cause that seem steep for a mask with just $1.7

How long do the masks last for?

victorirazz

Re: acne marks

(0) Hearts

I have had issues with post-acne marks for many years and have been trying out Sephora's products for my problems for 3 years now.

I have not tried the Ren products so I cannot attest to their effectivenss. But, I'd stay away from the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation, it just made my combo skin break out.

I'd suggest to go with serums (they seem to disrupt the skin the least), but the AHA Concentrate doesn't seem like a bad choice either. If you have acne prone skin, I'd stick with whatever routine works for you and minimize the amount of extra creamy moisturizers for your oily zones. Glycolic acid might help with brightness and toning, but honestly, it's mostly for people with wrinkles, I've heard from a dermatologist. I highly recommend for brightness (and tightening of pores) Dr Dennis Gross's Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel.

The Bosica Black Mask is really a great pore minimizer and helps with inflamed pustules.  Best acne reducing mask, better than sulfur treatments. I really love the combo pack from Bosica- the Pore Essentials Trio so I'd get that (it's small overall, but the black mask in it is more than enough for many many treatments). For spot treatments I'll use the mask or a high % of benzoyl peroxide (10%).

I really love Clinque's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector and Shiseido's White Lucent, they both seem to have helped my skin rapidy heal.But, I understand if you want a more natural product. One effective natural product I've tried is the Body Shop's Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion. Another is Caudalie's Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (or the Perfecting Pair. Free Day Perfecting Fluid!).

I think what will make the most difference in your skin will be one of the serums.

prosarab

Re: acne marks

(0) Hearts

Hi Smokeashes,

Yes definitely try out the  Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal mask is a must have. It literally feels like you are getting a facial at a spa, and for 55 dollars you are getting about 2 to 3 months use out of this(if you are using it twice a week). It will help to boost radiance and it will help with evening out your skintone. Another product I highly recommend is the Clinique even better dark spots, it works really well with treating acne marks.

I have tried the Boscia black mask, and I liked it. I just prefer a mask that has a tinkle feeling, makes me feel like its actually working lol :smileyvery-happy:. Hope this helps you.

Best,

Sara B

Sephora Pro Artist

REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask, $55

Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, $49.50 - $73

Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask, $32

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • prosarab
    • victorirazz