veronika23

Your Favorite Cruelty-free Natural Beauty Brands

Hey ladies,

I'd like to know which is your favorite cruelty-free natural beauty brands and why.  So make-up, skin care even hair care. Also if some of you know any organic or gluten free brands I'd like your comments on that please =)  I know Bite Beauty is gluten-free!

Thanks!! =)

infinitise

Re: Your Favorite Cruelty-free Natural Beauty Brands

(0) Hearts

I recently bought 100% pure's acai berry eye cream at Vitamin shoppe 

and really like it 

its not like other organic/natural eye creams that doesn't readily absorb. 

I also like Juicebeauty to an extent .. their moisturizers rolls into eraser pieces for me but I like the green apple peel, antioxidant serum, and the blemish control cleanser 

LorCaProfe

(0) Hearts

NYX and Paula's Choice are good cruelty free brands approved by Mybeautybunny

LorCaProfe

(0) Hearts

And how could I forget Bite Beauty!

LorCaProfe

(0) Hearts

I am just listing cruelty free brands in general, because it's hard to find brands whose parent companies don't sell in china (Nars, Tarte, and maybe Urban Decay do...check MyBeautyBunny for current updates, since these statuses chamge frequently). 

So, at the moment these brands are definitely cruelty free: Josie Maran, OCC, Too Faced, Eco Tools, Physician's Formula,  Pur Minerals, Milani, Wet n Wild, Makeup Geek, Hourglass, and 100% Pure.  I hope that helps a little bit!

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

I am trying to research this, and it is really confusing to me. What list and information do we use?  i just downloaded the 'Leaping Bunny" list, and seriously there are 5 brands I recognize on there. Then, I check another animal testing site, and it boggles the mind what is animal tested! Panty shields and pads??really??  OK, so what if we find one that doesn't do testing...what about the potential toxins or chemicals and preservatives we want to avoid? And don't get me started on animal by-products. Google "rendering plants" and then see who they sell THAT to (hint--cosmetic companies) In some states, veterinary carcasses are allowed to be sold to rendering plants. UGH! What is a person to do? Now, forgive me if I come off as a radical, because I am sadly not that good about this kind of thing. It is just that I want to be, but the conflicting information is ridiculous. So many companies say THEY don't test, or  the "final product" isn't tested, but then  you check on "officila " lists and you can't find the companies that claim to be animal friendly ( Murad, Mario Badescu, UD, Hourglass, Tarte, etc), OR their parent company isn't animal friendly, so ultimately you are supporting testing.  I did get some nice Acure samples, and will use soome of their products, but the skincare just didn't do it for me, and I eventually broke out anyway. Sorry to ramble. Can anyone enlighten me as to what answers they have found that they feel confident about?  Thanks all! :smileyhappy:

bratknits

Growing plants organically is going to require animal products most of the time.  What do you think is making the poop used to enhance the soil?  Bone, blood, fish and crab meals are all made from the waste product from meat production.

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

I am talking about the animal by-products actually going into the products.

bratknits

At what point in production?  All of these cruelty free labels pick a different arbitrary standard or point in production and that's why it's so confusing.

gogreyhound

I know...it is frustrating. I guess my post is addressing two things--animal testing, as well as using animal by-products in them.  I try to avoid things that do use animal products ( like collagen, etc.) If you look up rendering plants, it is scary to see what all goes into the "big vat"that is boiled down, and then even scarier to see what products the resulting fats and liquids are  used in. I am not very good at monitoring my products, but I just want to be better at it. It is hard to know what companies to trust. I guess this all started with me yesterday reading all the turmoil about Tarte being sold to Kose, who does animal testing. It got me thinking about it,, and makes me want to be better at choosing more animal- and Earth-friendly products. It is a hard task when there is a limited selection. 

bratknits

You're never going to find products that are both.  Earth friendly means minimizing waste and making good use of the materials at hand and that includes animals and animal products even if they aren't being used for meat.  

manniface

(0) Hearts

Well about the veterinary carccuses- Well if the animal dosnt want them or want to pay for cremation then I would say it is better than waisting them.

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

well., but they end up in your cosmetics and other things that use animal by-products from rendering plants...

PrettayinPink

(0) Hearts

I have to say I am all about NATURAL, and ORGANIC products. But have discovered that I really don't focus most of my "Makeup Collection" towards those types of products, I am guessing that's because a lot of makeup brands have irresistible packaging.  If that makes any sense. But I do however have two top Natural brands that are sensitive skin safe. Clinique & Tarte. Now for those of you that are looking to see how I know this as a fact let me just say... a Sephora sales girl. Plus of course personal experience.

When I first discovered I had sensitive skin it was in my bathroom at 6:30 you know trying to relax when the skin around my eyes started to swell and breakout and the Product that caused this were the stila mascaras, now I know it was this for sure because my mom used the same mascara and it broke her out, Also I tested it on my skin directly, BTW was not a good idea. And Clinique I am just going with the Sephora sales lady.

manniface

(0) Hearts

Actually a lot of times it is the "natural" ingredients that cause these types of reactions

jxw200

(0) Hearts

the natural makeup brands that are on my radar are Kjaer Weis, Ilia, and RMS Beauty. Lots of pretty things from each brand hehe :smileyhappy: 

taylorkiryluik

(0) Hearts

HOURGLASS! I love hourglass and I also love Bite! But mostly hourglass haha.

kaknowle

(0) Hearts

I use Juice Beauty, Tarte, and Physicians Formula's Organic Wear line. I just discovered Bite Beauty too! If you're looking for a high-end brand, Afterglow Cosmetics is gluten-free, cruelty-free, and very natural. I only have a couple eyeshadows from them but I do like them a lot!

lilahtov

Tarte, hands-down, by far, period, end of discussion :smileyvery-happy:

And for skin/body, Lush!

katyholmes

(0) Hearts

Limecrime and Makeup Geek are cruelty free!!!!

IAmLadyLiterary

I love Tarte for overall face (i.e. foundations) and blush, and certain lip products, Josie Maran for skincare, nail polish remover and hair serum, ooh and hand cream!  And Too Faced for bronzer and face and eye primers.  I do still love Urban Decay for eyeshadow!  And I like Nyx for lipgloss and certain lip products.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 67 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • spoiledbrat
    • jxw200
    • Mystiques
    • lilyyy